OT - Plans for the weekend?

mudcow007
mudcow007 Posts: 3,861
edited January 2012 in Commuting chat
if it stays dry i need to give the front fence a slap of creocote as at the moment its just normal wood :shock:

have to try an sort out a leaky gutter too

bike is booked into LBS to have the bottom bracket creak checked*

*phoned LBS t'other day to ask about the creak, its already been back twice for the creak to be checked. I bought the bike in November '11. When i spoke to them the young guy said "what type of mileage are you doing on it"

"errr about 500 - 600 maybe" was my reply

"oh you probably need to buy a new bottom bracket then" !!

its only 2ish months old!!

so anyways what you guys up too?
Keeping it classy since '83

Comments

• dhope
    dhope Posts: 6,699
    Brighton for drinks this eve.

Meribel for a week's skiing on Sunday.

Wooooooooohoooooooooooooooooo
    Rose Xeon CW Disc
    CAAD12 Disc
    Condor Tempo
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,064
    Some Burns night eating and drinking coz I need more food n drink :?
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • clarkey cat
    clarkey cat Posts: 3,641
    tonight: boozing at home, looking at photos of my ex.

tomorrow: out with the family. maybe visit a national trust property.

sunday: riding.
  • jzed
    jzed Posts: 2,926
    @itboffin - oh dear

col_tourmalet3.jpg
  • willy b
    willy b Posts: 4,125
    Sat - Hopefully get out early-ish for a quick ride. then off into town to get some new bits for the flat.
    Sun - Ride morning or afternoon, depending how bad my hangover is :lol:
  • asprilla
    asprilla Posts: 8,440
    Looking at tiles, paint, carpet, engineered flooring, lino, light fittings and bathroom fittings for the decorating we are having done starting a week on Monday.

Can you see the deep unbridled joy that is already emanating from my face?
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Race - Fuji Norcom Straight
    Sun - Cervelo R3
    Winter / Commute - Dolan ADX
  • clarkey cat
    I thought you were moving?

We've just had an offer accepted on a house. Moving to the Village.
  • il_principe
    il_principe Posts: 9,155
    JZed wrote:
    @itboffin - oh dear

col_tourmalet3.jpg

Heheheh.

I'm off to "Dinner by Heston" tonight. Gonna pig out after 2 weeks of nothing but healthy food. Then a 60 miler on Sat or Sun out towards Chobham. Or if the weather sucks I'll be on the Turbo.
  • asprilla
    I thought you were moving?

We've just had an offer accepted on a house. Moving to the Village.

You've only been in your current gaff for about a year, haven't you? Want to be closer to Waitrose?

Decided not to for at least 6 months. Can't find anything we like and Mrs A don't want to stray too far as the NCT babysitting circle is starting to be very useful.

I'm now resigned to living in Weybridge for a few years. Good schools and all that.

I'm looking longingly at the likes of Shere, Bear Green and Forest Green, but it's just too far away at the moment.
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Sun - Cervelo R3
  • clarkey cat
    You've only been in your current gaff for about a year, haven't you? Want to be closer to Waitrose?

Just been renting as wanted to scope the area out... and besides, 9 bedroom places with views over Burhill Golf Course don't come up every often so we had to snap it up when it came on.
  • clarkey cat
    Forest Green

that reminds me - might go to the Parrot tomorrow for lunch.
  • Kieran_Burns
    Kieran_Burns Posts: 9,757
    ride out tomorrow with a mate - 45 miler again. Going to make sure I take some malt loaf this time as I was buggered last time

Hopefully it'll be easier as well. I definitely felt better on the bike this week.

Oh, and then I'll be stripping the BB as it sounds like some dirt is lurking down there...
    Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
    2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
    Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter
  • iPete
    iPete Posts: 6,076
    1 x 14 mile interval session [running] :evil:
    1 x steady mile swim
    20 x eat
  • dhope
    dhope Posts: 6,699
    Whole of next week will be awesome

Get up, eat, ski, eat, ski, drink, eat, nap, eat, drink, sleep
    repeat for 6 days
    Rose Xeon CW Disc
    CAAD12 Disc
    Condor Tempo
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,773
    Lots of little jobs I should be doing. Might get a few of them done. Drilling a 4" hole through an outside wall with a core drill should be fun. Need to put an extractor fan in.
  • clarkey cat
    I used to love tractors. Not so keen anymore.
  • veronese68
    dhope wrote:

repeat for 6 days

I am very jealous. I haven't been skiing properly for 14 years. My eldest is 13 years old, coincidence? Hope you enjoy it and the snow is good.
  • leodis75
    leodis75 Posts: 184
    Have a look in Evans & Cotswold after work followed by a few beers with the wife. Sat pop down to Woodrup Cycles to try out some Cube bikes as the cyclescheme cert is burning a hole in my pocket failing that end up back in Evans and get £120 free on assesories if I spend over £750.

Bikes to try:-

Cnnd Badboy R5
    Spech Sirrus comp
    Cube Hyde race & SL
    Ghost Speedline 5700
  • notsoblue
    notsoblue Posts: 5,756
    dhope wrote:

repeat for 6 days

Jealous... was about to push the button on a week's snowboarding starting tomorrow but had to cancel due to work commitments. Gah....
  • veronese68
    I used to love tractors. Not so keen anymore.
    That took me a moment. Will you fit?
  • asprilla
    Forest Green

that reminds me - might go to the Parrot tomorrow for lunch.

Was there last Sunday. Got drunk and went halves on 3kg of beef fillet from the farm shop there.
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Sun - Cervelo R3
  • Ben6899
    Ben6899 Posts: 9,686
    Tonight: take the beautiful one out for a curry and a drink
    Tonight/early Sat morning: keep a tight hold on the duvet, early breakfast and hopefully 30miles around North London
    Saturday morning: "Take A View" exhibtion at the National Theatre
    Saturday afternoon: "Cholera and The Thames" exhibition at SW1 Gallery
    Sunday: TBC
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/143173475@N05/
  • NGale
    NGale Posts: 1,866
    Off shopping with Jake tomorrow, sunday, nowt much planned

It's all good :D
    Officers don't run, it's undignified and panics the men
  • gbsahne001
    gbsahne001 Posts: 1,973
    cycling to Brighton for a friends stag... probably coming back by train, Sunday. Hoping that I can sneak a bike into the hotel!
  • Ben6899
    Ben6899 Posts: 9,686
    gbsahne wrote:
    cycling to Brighton for a friends stag... probably coming back by train, Sunday. Hoping that I can sneak a bike into the hotel!

Sounds like fun! What happens if the hotel don't let you take the bike up to the room? Are you happy with their "parking arrangements"? I only ask because I sacked off a ride like this because I didn't think the hotel's bike storage was secure enough. It'd be a shame to wake up to no bike on what should be a great weekend.
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/143173475@N05/
  • JamesFree
    JamesFree Posts: 703
    JZed wrote:
    @itboffin - oh dear

col_tourmalet3.jpg

Heheheh.

I'm off to "Dinner by Heston" tonight. Gonna pig out after 2 weeks of nothing but healthy food. Then a 60 miler on Sat or Sun out towards Chobham. Or if the weather sucks I'll be on the Turbo.

Dinner is the nuts been twice now, im addicted to the 'Meat Fruit' its a must!!
  • welkman
    welkman Posts: 396
    Going to try and do another 100k ride tomorrow towards Mersey Island in an effort to knacker myself so I dont need sleeping pills, squash tonight and watching the King's Speech. I might go out for a ride with the Mrs on sunday for 10 miles or so.
  • il_principe
    il_principe Posts: 9,155
    JamesFree wrote:

Yeah, this is my second visit. Will prob have the meat fruit and the tipsy cake again! My sister is treating us tonight as a belated wedding present.
  • JamesFree
    JamesFree Posts: 703
    JamesFree wrote:

Yeah, this is my second visit. Will prob have the meat fruit and the tipsy cake again! My sister is treating us tonight as a belated wedding present.

I have had Meat Fruit and Tipsy Cake both times, we had the Wing Rib of Irish Angus when we went last and it was amazing!
  • gbsahne001
    gbsahne001 Posts: 1,973
    Ben6899 wrote:
    gbsahne wrote:

Sounds like fun! What happens if the hotel don't let you take the bike up to the room? Are you happy with their "parking arrangements"? I only ask because I sacked off a ride like this because I didn't think the hotel's bike storage was secure enough. It'd be a shame to wake up to no bike on what should be a great weekend.

I'll probably do the ride on the old bike, so it's unlikely that it will come to harm