Lunch time(30 mins) training suggestions

coopster_the_1st
coopster_the_1st Posts: 5,158
Hi all,

I am after some ideas for lunch time training sessions. I am looking to do this 2 or 3 times a week over the next couple of months until the weather improve. I ride with a club at weekends so am looking to get the most benefit out of the 30 minutes.

With changing/showering, etc I will only get 30 minutes of bike time and most routes take 5 minutes to cycle to out of town roads. I can use this 5 minutes as my warm up/warm down so am left with 20 minutes.

I have 1 climb that I could get to, climb once and then return so plan to do this (unless advised this is not beneficial)

Any other training suggestions from the knowledge of this board?

Comments

• danowat
    danowat Posts: 2,877
    In 30mins?, some shortish intervals maybe (2 x 10 or 4 x 5) or a hard 20min effort
  • DavidJB
    DavidJB Posts: 2,019
    3 min warm up and intervals 1min max effort on 1min recovery off! and 5 min cool down!
  • jgsi
    jgsi Posts: 5,062
    People do swear by Tabata style of training.
    This aside, getting sorted for just 30 mins of riding sounds a lot of faff.
  • islwyn
    islwyn Posts: 650
    Keep a turbo at work! 30 minutes really isn't long...
  • McBain_v1
    McBain_v1 Posts: 5,237
    I'd also see if there's a room where you can go turbo. At least that way you don't run the risk of getting knocked off for just 30mins riding. Still, I would go for spinning style workouts to try and develop some real leg speed rather than try and cram in some hill-climbing workouts or similar, it sounds as though you don't have time.

That said, I do admire your dedication.

What do I ride? Now that's an Enigma!