How many bikes do we all have?

124»

Comments

• Justified n+1 expansionism as we had room in the garage but then we moved and have no garage so these are scattered round the house
    1) Look 585 Elle
    2) Cannondale synapse alloy
    3) Pinnacle expede (CX bike)
    4) Kinesis maxlight MTB
    5) mr leedmjh's Dawes hydrid
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,347
    Veronese68 wrote:
    My wife think I have too many bikes, she doesn't understand these things.
    I have:
    Kona Jake, used most of the time.
    Pinnacle Evo 1.0 hardtail MTB, bought off a neighbour, couldn't refuse for the asking price.
    Marin Nail Trailrigid MTB, bought in '97. First decent bike as an adult.
    Wife has:
    Diamondback rigid MTB
    Hercules town bike, '50s vintage for going to the station.
    Son has:
    Frankenbike, Kinesis MTB frame, looks rough without paint but rides really well.
    Steel frame road bike, unkown origin. Frame is nicely made with reasonable details, quite light. Currently being painted before being pressed in to use as school transport. Being a 25" frame I may borrow it on occasion.
    Daughter has:
    A bike, with flowers.
    There are also a unicycle nobody can ride and an '70s Apollo folder in the garage.
    I think I need more bikes. A nice light road bike for a start.

Can we have some pics here please ? Speshly the Frankenbikes ? This is like the friggin decals thread without pics.
    I'm starting a new thread. Sod the lot of you. Its going to be very exciting. Maybe you should get your wives to adorn the Frankenbikes and then take the pics.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • CiB
    CiB Posts: 6,098
    Is it all bikes in the household, or just what we ride ourselves?

I've got two - a fancy dan carbon jobby with Di2 on it that serves as my commute / shopper / sportiv / 100+ miler / boy to school bike, and a Dawes sit-up-and-beg that's well past its best that the other boy used for his school runs.

Add to that a boys' racer (not used), a ladies folder (not used), ladies chunky tyres bike (not used), a BMX type stunt bike with stunt pegs etc (not used), a boys chunky bike for school (regular use), a Scott something Urban Warrior type thing for elder boy in place of my Dawes and a Pinnacle ladeez bike that's getting plenty of use. Gave two away over the weekend - a spare MTB of no value and a boys racer that's gone to a good home.
  • Velonutter
    Velonutter Posts: 2,437
    Velonutter wrote:
    1. LOOK 585 SR 11s
    2. Colnago C40 Athena 11s
    3. Cervelo Soloist/S1 Record 11s
    4. Kinesis Granfondo Record 11s
    5. Giant Omnium Track
    6. 1976 Geoffrey Butler full Campag Record Track - Restored in Concourse Condition.

Am trying to convince myself that I don't need a TT bike or an Audax, but not winning at the mo!

All change now: -

Colnago C59 150th Anniversary with SR 11s
    Cervelo R3 SL with Record 11s
    Colnago CX-1 With Athena 11s but soon to be Record EPS
    Cervelo P2C TT with Record 10s but soon to eb Record 11s
    Kinesis Grand Fondo with Record 11s
    1976 Geoffrey Butler full Campag Record Track - Restored in Concourse Condition.

I think that will be it now for a very long while :roll: :lol:
  • ilm_zero7
    ilm_zero7 Posts: 2,213
    3 officially!
    http://veloviewer.com/SigImage.php?a=3370a&r=3&c=5&u=M&g=p&f=abcdefghij&z=a.png
    Wiliers: Cento Uno/Superleggera R and Zero 7. Bianchi Infinito CV and Oltre XR2
  • Bunneh
    Bunneh Posts: 1,329
    1982 Peugeot converted to single speed and a 2010 (?) Surosa Audax which I bought off a guy on here. That's it.
  • edhornby
    edhornby Posts: 1,780
    Dolan precursa homebuild for commuting
    Vitus with 105 and fulcrums homebuild which goes great but isn't matched very well (would not go well on the OCP thread :) )
    voodoo bokor for mud fun

mrs Ed has a giant that is never ridden and a balance bike that smallperson will be able to fit onto soon
    "I get paid to make other people suffer on my wheel, how good is that"
    --Jens Voight
  • Gazzaputt
    Gazzaputt Posts: 3,227
    Three.
  • Two-- an Alan for zooming about, a Mercian for long trips and touring
  • 4 for myself (see list in my signature) + 1 hack back for taking to pub, town etc,
    1 kids mtb
    1 kids mtb
    1 mrs usedtobefaster mtb (not used ... much)

So 8 in total and the shed's seeming a bit small now.
    Trainee BC level 2 coach ... and that's offical (30th June 2013)

Scott Addict R4 (2008)
    Scott Genius MC30 (2006)
    Quest carbon circa 1994 - winter bike
    Fuji Track Comp 2010
  • eede
    eede Posts: 58
    You can count 'em if you like. Need to add a Felt FA and a Surly Crosscheck to the list. This is the spring service on the rough hacks.

Photo-0037.jpg
    Friend of Herne Hill Velodrome: http://www.hernehillvelodrome.com/friends/
  • awsm
    awsm Posts: 210
    1) Trek 1.1 The Beater Bike (commuter/daily run around)
    2) Canyon Roadlite AL (training road bike)
    3) Enigma Echo Ti (weekend road bike)
    4) Canyon Yellowstone MTB
  • Teece
    Teece Posts: 138
    Early 90s Orbit road bike [covered in Shimano 105] - that's the commuter.
    1979 Holdsworth Mistral [in vintage Shimano 600] - dry weather weekend rides only.
    Monoc TC2 - this is the long distance/sportive machine.
    Carrera Vengeance 2010 hardtail [with various upgrades] - messing about in the woods with friends!
  • DesB3rd
    DesB3rd Posts: 285
    I thought I just had one until I stopped & thought about it...

- '08 Trek 1.2; everything but the frame replaced/upgraded.
    - '97 Marin Nail-Trail; everything including the frame replaced/upgraded. Far-off summers, school mates, out riding every day... Needs work.
    - BSO my Mrs. bought; with slicks, fettling & about £30 of ebay replacement parts it rolls just about OK.
    - Old 531 frame & a sac of bits which might one day constitute a station bike.
  • DIESELDOG
    DIESELDOG Posts: 2,087
    Down to one now thankfully, a rather cute Fuji Roubaix. I gave my bike to my next door neighbour. They'll use it more than I ever did/would (as idiot ex bought me an xs frame when I'm 5'7, twat)

L n H

DD
    Eagles may soar but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

www.onemanandhisbike.co.uk
  • Only 3.

'99 Crack'n'Fail F2000sl CAAD5, XTR (M950) drivetrain, Hope XC hubs, X717 rims, mono mini brakes, only OEM part is the stem (headshok) and the grips (don't ask, they are Coda bright yellow)

'08 Crack'n'Fail F2 Caffeine, Mostly X7/9, not done many upgrades to this, doesn't get used too much, prefer the riding style of the F2000sl

'07 Giant TCR C2 Ultegra/105 mix, lots of carbon, this doesn't get used much either, I always look at it and it reminds me of a mate a while ago who got knocked off his old early/mid 90s Giant XTC and it crumbling to bits and I think nah, not today.

but most strange of all, I have 3 bikes but only 2 saddles, a flite ti race face I bought at bike '99 and a Brooks B17 ti, both have their qualities, the flite delivers every time, the Brooks I can perch myself on and forget I'm on a bike, and I daren't buy another of either, the miles I had to do break both of them in was unreal.
    fatreg

"live fast, die young"

\'Dale F2000sl