13»

Comments

• TheStone
    TheStone Posts: 2,291
    EKE_38BPM wrote:
    TheStone wrote:
    EKE_38BPM wrote:
    TheStone wrote:
    Don't worry. It will all be fine and everyone apart from me is exaggerating.

Don't make up quotes.
    Don't write rubbish.

I was paraphrasing what you are saying. Its obvious that traffic will increase across London and massively around Stratford during the Olympics. Only a fool can't see that.

Am I calling you a fool? On this topic, yes.

Where's EKE gone?
    exercise.png
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,768
    TheStone wrote:
    EKE_38BPM wrote:
    TheStone wrote:
    EKE_38BPM wrote:
    TheStone wrote:
    Don't worry. It will all be fine and everyone apart from me is exaggerating.

Don't make up quotes.
    Don't write rubbish.

I was paraphrasing what you are saying. Its obvious that traffic will increase across London and massively around Stratford during the Olympics. Only a fool can't see that.

Am I calling you a fool? On this topic, yes.

Where's EKE gone?
    He's stuck in traffic.
  • DonDaddyD
    DonDaddyD Posts: 12,689
    Before you hold your insight upon high. Drive or ride around Wimbledon - Southfields. Nightmare. It's worse than when 'Wimbledon' is on IME.
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    Before you hold your insight upon high. Drive or ride around Wimbledon - Southfields. Nightmare. It's worse than when 'Wimbledon' is on IME.
    IME - Institute of Makers of Explosives?
  • veronese68
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    Haven't been that way. Luckily I only have to go as far as Raynes Park to get the kids from my parents. The biggest problem with the normal tennis was all of the extra parking restrictions that spring up.
    Kingston was bliss this weekend when the road race was on. But I didn't try to go any further than watching the race.
  • Ben6899
    Ben6899 Posts: 9,686
    The Stone

I take it you're finding travelling around London, so far during this current Olympiad, absolutely fine?
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/143173475@N05/
  • TheStone
    Ben6899 wrote:
    The Stone

I take it you're finding travelling around London, so far during this current Olympiad, absolutely fine?

Yep, even taken me by surprise how quiet everywhere is (including wimbledon).
    Not been on the tube/train yet, but workmates are suggesting it's like christmas.
    exercise.png
  • Ben6899
    TheStone wrote:
    Ben6899 wrote:
    The Stone

Yep, even taken me by surprise how quiet everywhere is (including wimbledon).
    Not been on the tube/train yet, but workmates are suggesting it's like christmas.

This must be the exception. Or a product of where you live and work.
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
  • TheStone
    Ben6899 wrote:

Are you finding it busy? I'm yet to find anyone (except DDD) who thinks it is. (including people going to events).

I'd imagine those on the central line this morning weren't overly pleased!
    exercise.png
  • bigmat
    bigmat Posts: 5,134
    TheStone wrote:
    Ben6899 wrote:

Are you finding it busy? I'm yet to find anyone (except DDD) who thinks it is. (including people going to events).

It was a bit busy over Tower Bridge this afternoon. A bit. Maybe delayed me by a whole minute. Other than that seems quieter than usual. News reports suggest even Stratford is quiet. I guess the athletics might be when serious congestion starts, but I think we'll cope!
  • Ben6899
    TheStone wrote:
    Ben6899 wrote:

Yes I am finding it busier than normal. It's always busy.

And last night in Regent's Park, a Scandinavian-looking 11-year old ran out in front of me when I was doing c.25mph... I had to brake hard and also shout "FUCK1NG HELL!!!!" Let's face it, if it wasn't for the Olympics, he probably wouldn't have been there.
    Ben

• TheStone
    Ben6899 wrote:
    And last night in Regent's Park, a Scandinavian-looking 11-year old ran out in front of me when I was doing c.25mph... I had to brake hard and also shout "FUCK1NG HELL!!!!" Let's face it, if it wasn't for the Olympics, he probably wouldn't have been there.

I've definitely noticed an increase in numpties, especially moped riders.

But traffic is way, way down on normal. My commute is SW -> City.
    Ride out Sat/Sun to Surrey for the road races was unbelievably quiet. These would have been routes to get there and alternative routes from the closed roads.

Not been on public transport yet, but sounds even quieter.
    exercise.png
  • veronese68
    TheStone wrote:
    Ride out Sat/Sun to Surrey for the road races was unbelievably quiet. These would have been routes to get there and alternative routes from the closed roads.
    I think most people that weren't going to watch had the sense not to go anywhere near the road race area, which is why it was so pleasant in the area. I think nearly all of my neighbours went to watch as they couldn't get out if they wanted to.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    Ben6899 wrote:
    TheStone wrote:
    Ben6899 wrote:

Yes I am finding it busier than normal. It's always busy.

I can see the headline now. "OLYMPICS MAKES 11YR OLD BOY STAND IN MIDDLE OF ROAD".
  • Paul E
    Paul E Posts: 2,052
    The mopeds are also getting on my t!ts too, ESP when they decide that the cycle lane is for them too, still it gives me a chance to pootle and recover a bit.
  • MonkeyMonster
    MonkeyMonster Posts: 4,629
    it's when you get under taken by the cheeky mopeds cnuts doing 20+ and they think it's perfectly okay in the bus lane...

Even quieter than yesterday!
    Le Cannon [98 Cannondale M400] [FCN: 8]
    The Mad Monkey [2013 Hoy 003] [FCN: 4]
  • twas busy coming into the city from bow, I think they have changed one of the tfl phases as it takes an age to turn, I must of sat there for over 5 mins, as I couldn't get past the bus and lorry blocking the two lanes, its amazing how many numpties there are that cant wait and have to get in front.
    Sorry its not me it's the bike ;o)

Strava Dude link http://www.strava.com/athletes/amander
    Commuting, Domestic & Pleasure : Specialized Sectuer Sport Disc

Please Sponsor http://www.justgiving.com/alister-manderfield1
  • spen666
    spen666 Posts: 17,709
    twas busy coming into the city from bow, I think they have changed one of the tfl phases as it takes an age to turn, I must have sat there for over 5 mins, as I couldn't get past the bus and lorry blocking the two lanes, its amazing how many numpties there are that cant wait and have to get in front.

+1 to everything on this post
    Want to know the Spen666 behind the posts?
    Then read MY BLOG @ http://www.pebennett.com

Twittering @spen_666
  • DonDaddyD
    DonDaddyD Posts: 12,689
    So I drove to work today. Partly to see if Stone was right.

I left the house at 10.10am today. I got round the M25, through Dartford crossing and onto the A12 by 11.28. At this point I was imagining in my head what I would apologising to Stone and declaring him the wise one on all thing 'Traffic in London'.

THEN I hit the painful wall of traffic. Still, there was hardly any or at least less than there was this time last year. My ride home will be interesting - I think my route will be effected by the TT route.
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • TheStone
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    So I drove to work today. Partly to see if Stone was right.

I left the house at 10.10am today. I got round the M25, through Dartford crossing and onto the A12 by 11.28. At this point I was imagining in my head what I would apologising to Stone and declaring him the wise one on all thing 'Traffic in London'.

THEN I hit the painful wall of traffic. Still, there was hardly any or at least less than there was this time last year. My ride home will be interesting - I think my route will be effected by the TT route.

Seriously?
    exercise.png