For sale - One careful driver - Luxury Liner

2»

Comments

• DIESELDOG
    DIESELDOG Posts: 2,087
    ddraver wrote:
    t4tomo wrote:
    also re titantic - I don't recall the captain making off in a taxi leaving the passengers and crew to fend for themselves.

Oh now be fair, did nt you read the latest headline? He did nt get in the lifeboat willingly, he tripped and fell into the lifeboat with the second and third in command! (no seriously, that is actually what he's saying now!) I mean, come on, you can't blame him for that...

Blame Wiggle?

Love n hugs

DD
    Eagles may soar but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

www.onemanandhisbike.co.uk
  • nevman
    nevman Posts: 1,611
    ddraver wrote:
    t4tomo wrote:
    also re titantic - I don't recall the captain making off in a taxi leaving the passengers and crew to fend for themselves.

Oh now be fair, did nt you read the latest headline? He did nt get in the lifeboat willingly, he tripped and fell into the lifeboat with the second and third in command! (no seriously, that is actually what he's saying now!) I mean, come on, you can't blame him for that...
    Also,he `accidentally` fell into a wardrobe hence the ballgown. :lol:
    Whats the solution? Just pedal faster you baby.

Summer B,man Team Carbon LE#222
    Winter Alan Top Cross
    All rounder Spec. Allez.
  • cornerblock
    cornerblock Posts: 3,228
    nevman wrote:
    ddraver wrote:
    t4tomo wrote:

Also,he `accidentally` fell into a wardrobe hence the ballgown. :lol:

To be fair to him it may be something to do with the 'sea legs'. This old sailor had a habit of falling too, into pub cellars.

4690923_std.jpg
  • I haven't figured out whether he's lying more or less than his ship.

I don't speak Italian but I still suspect that Shettino means little shet.
  • verylonglegs
    verylonglegs Posts: 4,023
    Is that the best defense he can come up with? If he's taking legal advice he should dismiss them and hire someone else!
  • Gizmodo
    Gizmodo Posts: 1,928
    He is a beauty, he is going to get crucified: :roll:
    The captain reportedly told the investigating judge in the city of Grosseto that he had decided to sail close to Giglio to salute a former captain who had a home on the Tuscan island.

"I was navigating by sight because I knew the depths well and I had done this manoeuvre three or four times," he reportedly said.

"But this time I ordered the turn too late and I ended up in water that was too shallow. I don't know why it happened."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-16620807