Suggest me a horror film...

2»

Comments

• Clever Pun
    Clever Pun Posts: 6,778
    I'm watching american horror, it's less scary as the series progresses imo, the not knowing at the start helped it.

Now the sexy maid has been done with :(

Yeah I knew it was Peter Jackson, didn't he also do meet the feebles?
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Very Hairy Roadie - FCN 4
    Fixed Pista- FCN 5
    Beared Bromptonite - FCN 14
  • Clever Pun
    oh and Tucker & Dale Vs Evil is great
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Fixed Pista- FCN 5
  • True movies = the horror channel, in that you want to tear your own eyeballs out.
    Since when is children of men a "horror" film.
    Event horizon - good choice sir as is dog soldiers and 30 days of night
    PJ did indeed meet the feebles - very weird film, brainded is class and in his remake of king kong you see the crate with the monkey (from braindead) in the boat's cargo hold
    Evil dead 3 I prefer because it goes silly horror.
    Aliens special edition rather than alien but good too
    amnityville horror with ryan philips is okay (as a horror)
    saw 1 and 2 (before they get really silly)
    severance with danny dyer is worth a good horror chuckle
    as is The cottage

and... deathwatch
    Le Cannon [98 Cannondale M400] [FCN: 8]
    The Mad Monkey [2013 Hoy 003] [FCN: 4]
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    I still really like Blair witch project as your mind invents the worst horror for you making it scarier IMO than most more graphic horror movies....if you don't find it scary your not imaginative enough!

Friday the 13th part1 does for me as well, mostly as its set on the American Summer camp I worked at making it seem a LOT more real!

Simon
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • downfader
    downfader Posts: 3,686
    PBo wrote:
    human centipede.....

i haven't seen it mind. actually, thinking of the description, its more sick than horror.....

Theres another flick by a German, Autopsy I think its called. Similar to centepede but darker, sicker and less funny.

Event Horizon is a great film.
  • secretsam
    secretsam Posts: 5,120
    These:
    28 days later - truly pant-cacking, lots of tension and a really horrible story line - brilliantly done (28 weeks later also good but not as good, and you need to see 28 days later first...). Great soundtrack.
    The Thing (the 1970s/80s version) - truly scary, claustrophobic
    Alien

Or try a good non-horror alternative:
    In Bruges - brilliant, funny, pretty, extremely violent (tower scene at the end)
    Sunshine (there's a lot of Event Horizon similarities, but it's the better film)
    Blade Runner - the Final Cut (or whatever) - that's how sci-fi should be done, really excellent.

Or for a really horrific experience, do as I did and go and see an Alvin and the Chipmunks film with the kids at a special kids' showing. Shudder.

It's just a hill. Get over it.
  • PBo
    PBo Posts: 2,493
    SecretSam wrote:
    Or for a really horrific experience, do as I did and go and see an Alvin and the Chipmunks film with the kids at a special kids' showing. Shudder.

I quite enjoyed "the squeakquel"!!!!
  • downfader
    SecretSam wrote:
    These:
    28 days later - truly pant-cacking, lots of tension and a really horrible story line - brilliantly done (28 weeks later also good but not as good, and you need to see 28 days later first...). Great soundtrack.
    The Thing (the 1970s/80s version) - truly scary, claustrophobic
    Alien

Or try a good non-horror alternative:
    In Bruges - brilliant, funny, pretty, extremely violent (tower scene at the end)
    Sunshine (there's a lot of Event Horizon similarities, but it's the better film)
    Blade Runner - the Final Cut (or whatever) - that's how sci-fi should be done, really excellent.

Have you Moon? Not horror but unsettling.
  • If it's even half as good as the book then try The Road http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0898367/ there's a particular scene in the book which, if it's depicted in the film, puts it firmly in the horror camp. Or maybe it was my imagination...
    "Consider the grebe..."
  • Clever Pun
    Moon is good, rather enjoyed that.

If you're looking for disturbing... Requiem for a Dream.
    Also the ending to Audition(already mentioned) will make you squirm
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Fixed Pista- FCN 5
  • mudcow007
    mudcow007 Posts: 3,861
    it.jpg

i fecking hate clowns so it makes it even scarier

2nd part is pants though
    Keeping it classy since '83
  • I know I'm late to the party, and I hope you'll tell us what you finally watched, but...

Candyman;
    Alien;
    Dawn of the Dead (the remake - scared the **** out of me! - serious paranoia trip when I came out of the multiplex);
    The Thing;
    Let the right one in (Swedish original);
    Rosemary's Baby.

Cheers!
  • downfader
    If it's even half as good as the book then try The Road http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0898367/ there's a particular scene in the book which, if it's depicted in the film, puts it firmly in the horror camp. Or maybe it was my imagination...

*SPOILER*

The Cannibal gang?