Slow today

2»

Comments

• suzyb
    suzyb Posts: 3,449
    edited January 2012
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    Sometimes I can hear myself snoring while asleep you know... it's that sleep 'where your still awake but sleeping' sleep. It's loud.

My son doesn't seem to have any difficulty sleeping. It's my girlfriend who has to have absolute silence to sleep and it is annoying as hell. But to be honest sleeping on the sofa doesn't really bother me. I don't get woken up by a screaming baby and I actually get a considerable amount of X-box/PC game that she doesn't know about.
    She slept in submarine silence as a baby then.

Try suggesting she go to bed earlier than you. Worked for my parents, Mother always went to bed at least an hour before Father otherwise his snoring kept her awake.
  • DonDaddyD wrote:
    Once you have kids sex becomes this whole different (somewhat new) thing. It's hard to describe but I think about it differently. Like less vulgar I guess...

Is vulgar the same as regular then?
    Nobody told me we had a communication problem
  • leodis75
    leodis75 Posts: 184
    I find it worrying that I sometimes wake myself up snoring...
  • DonDaddyD
    DonDaddyD Posts: 12,689
    edited January 2012
    suzyb wrote:
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    Sometimes I can hear myself snoring while asleep you know... it's that sleep 'where your still awake but sleeping' sleep. It's loud.

My son doesn't seem to have any difficulty sleeping. It's my girlfriend who has to have absolute silence to sleep and it is annoying as hell. But to be honest sleeping on the sofa doesn't really bother me. I don't get woken up by a screaming baby and I actually get a considerable amount of X-box/PC game that she doesn't know about.
    She slept in submarine silence as a baby then.
    I think so. Not something I'll be subjecting my son to I can tell you that. Nothing is more annoying than when people are having reasonable fun and someone interrupts and tells them to "keep it down, they're trying to sleep".

Irks me that does...
    Try suggesting she go to bed earlier than you. Worked for my parents, Mother always went to bed at least an hour before Father otherwise his snoring kept her awake.

Have down, been there doesn't work. Seriously she's an incredibly light sleeper.
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • clarkey cat
    clarkey cat Posts: 3,641
    WTF you being serious?

Hey, I'm just checking okay...
  • DonDaddyD
    edited January 2012
    there is a Ms Spen, you'll have to read my blog to find out about her and our relationship

Can't open blogs on this computer, come on Spen share! Just this once.

Nope. Thoughts = "I'm doing a Mum". Which in itself is its own fantasy... :D
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,773
    My father wakes himswelf up snoring.
    Regarding getting jiggy with the Mrs with kids in the house. We've now got into the realms of a new problem as the kids are older. Our son goes to bed at about 10 o'clock, and is often still awake a fair bit later.
  • leodis75
    leodis75 Posts: 184
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    there is a Ms Spen, you'll have to read my blog to find out about her and our relationship

Nope. Thoughts = "I'm doing my Mum". Which in itself is its own fantasy... :D

Corrected. :)
  • DonDaddyD
    Yeah that sucks. Put a TV and an X-box/Playstation/Nintendo wii in his room. Make him sign up for a Sat/Sunday activity club...

It just dawned on me that I'll have to keep it confined to the bedroom. That sucks too.
    Food Chain number = 4

• DonDaddyD
    leodis75 wrote:
    DonDaddyD wrote:

Nope. Thoughts = "I'm doing my Mum". Which in itself is its own fantasy... :D

Corrected. :)
    Well we do call each other "Mummy" and "DaddyD"

"Call me DaddyD"

"CALL ME DADDYD, B*tch!"

And then I respond.... :wink:
    Food Chain number = 4

• veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,773
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    Yeah that sucks. Put a TV and an X-box/Playstation/Nintendo wii in his room. Make him sign up for a Sat/Sunday activity club...

It just dawned on me that I'll have to keep it confined to the bedroom. That sucks too.

He got some Skullcandy headphones for Christmas, big ones that cover his ears.
  • EKE_38BPM
    EKE_38BPM Posts: 5,821
    DDD has realised that he is a mother funker. And I don't mean funker!
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    Once you have kids sex becomes this whole different (somewhat new) thing. It's hard to describe but I think about it differently. Like less vulgar I guess...
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    'Reverse Cowgirl'
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    'The Lotus position'
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    I love it when MrsDDD uses the humbler on me

He didn't really write the last one
    FCN 3: Raleigh Record Ace fixie-to be resurrected sometime in the future
    FCN 4: Planet X Schmaffenschmack 2- workhorse
    FCN 9: B Twin Vitamin - winter commuter/loan bike for trainees

I'm hungry. I'm always hungry!
  • DonDaddyD
    Yeah, it's best not to google 'humbler' while at work...

It's friday, it's been 7 weeks since my son was born and we've had the trial runs - as RJS suggested. Sweet Moses.

Now all I need to do is somehow fit 4 hrs of Skyrim and Star Wars Old Republic each into the equation and it'll be the perfect weekend. The. Perfect. Weekend.
    Food Chain number = 4

• clarkey cat
    clarkey cat Posts: 3,641
    Think it was 3 months after 'the alien scene' (as I call the miracle of our son's birth) before I put one through the wife.

Any advances on 3 months?
  • rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 29,372
    DonDaddyD wrote:

It's friday, it's been 7 weeks since my son was born and we've had the trial runs - as RJS suggested. Sweet Moses.

Now all I need to do is somehow fit 4 hrs of Skyrim and Star Wars Old Republic each into the equation and it'll be the perfect weekend. The. Perfect. Weekend.

I did what now? What did I say :shock:
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition
  • EKE_38BPM
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    If you like the humbler, you'll love pegging. Probably.

• CiB
    CiB Posts: 6,098
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    Irks me that does...

Have down, been there doesn't work. Seriously she's an incredibly light sleeper.
    FFS. Don't you townies have Rohypnol? :idea:

Deal with a snorer by waking her up and telling her she's snoring. Or roll her onto her face. That works. Don't know about blokes - never slept with one.
  • Kieran_Burns
    Kieran_Burns Posts: 9,757
    leodis75 wrote:

I woke myself up by farting once (woke the ex-wife up as well) actually woke to hear the echoes...
    Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
    2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
    Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter
  • Kieran_Burns
    Kieran_Burns Posts: 9,757
    DonDaddyD wrote:

On a good night....
    Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
    2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
    Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter
  • EKE_38BPM
    Mrs EKE wakes herself up snoring and then says really funny things before she falls asleep again a moment later.
    I can't remember them all, but from the last couple of nights, I've heard:
    "Where is the man-hole cover?"

"Hot, hot, hot, HOT, HOT!"

"I put the lamp in the garden"

Don't know what she's dreaming about.

• SimonAH
    SimonAH Posts: 3,730
    EKE_38BPM wrote:
    Mrs EKE wakes herself up snoring and then says really funny things before she falls asleep again a moment later.
    I can't remember them all, but from the last couple of nights, I've heard:
    "Where is the man-hole cover?"

"Hot, hot, hot, HOT, HOT!"

"I put the lamp in the garden"

Don't know what she's dreaming about.

You baby, it's you! (I suspect the light in the garden may not be though...)
    FCN 5 belt driven fixie for city bits
    CAADX 105 beastie for bumpy bits
    Litespeed L3 for Strava bits

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.
  • Cafewanda
    Cafewanda Posts: 2,788
    I'll have to revisit this thread when I get home. I'm almost crying with laughter here in the office.

I'll be able to Google 'those' words without causing a network breakdown too :D:D
  • DonDaddyD
    rjsterry wrote:
    DonDaddyD wrote:

I did what now? What did I say :shock:
    On the subject of pregnant sex (which really ain't my thing you naughty Man) you said "FFS just get on with it". And then continued to say that normal service usually resumes after 6 weeks (6 week check see) and "you may need to have a couple trial runs first".

Sound advice.
    Food Chain number = 4

• rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 29,372
    Well, you sounded like you needed a push (figuratively speaking). Blimey, what two littl'uns do to your memory - thought I'd been sleep-posting for a moment there.
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition
  • Canny Jock
    Canny Jock Posts: 1,051
    leodis75 wrote:

I woke myself up by farting once (woke the ex-wife up as well) actually woke to hear the echoes...

Your ex-wife? Must have been loud to wake someone in a different house up!
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667