on one inbred
    on one 456
    planet x team alu
    merlin malt one
    klein attitude
    kona africabike - shared with mrs spong
    planet x dirty disco on the way

just need a full sus or two now
    Visit Clacton during the School holidays - it's like a never ending freak show.

Who are you calling inbred?
  • El Zomba
    El Zomba Posts: 164
    n+1

Thirded. Another one I heard is S-1, where S is the number of bikes that causes your other half to leave you.
  • 3 currently!

Giant TCR Comp 1 - Road Summer
    Trek 1.7 - Road Winter
    Whyte 901 on way for the mud.

Mrs has just the one (Felt F4), but letting her have a mtb as well, so she doens not feel left out.

Sadly, that will be it in this house, as shed is full to the brim with the above!
  • Ghostt
    Ghostt Posts: 192
    Two here, new and old hardtail.

I do know of a mechanic who owns IRO £50,000 worth of bikes including three Lynskey framed bikes.I think he's got around 20 in total. The irony of it though is that he's quite a portly chap and spends all his free time building bikes, so rarely goes out on them!
    Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go - T.S. Eliot
  • Nick Cod
    Nick Cod Posts: 321
    And I thought four mountain bikes was too many. Is the guy who owns £50k worth of bikes related to Bruce Wayne?
    2016 Cube Agree C:62 SLT DISC
    2013 Cayo Evo 3
    2013 Zesty 414
    2002 Avalanche 0.0
    2018 Vitus Substance v2 105 Gravel
  • stuisnew
    stuisnew Posts: 366
    I have four (all hardtails and two of them cheap retro projects). My shed is bursting at the seams as I have garden furniture and lawnmower etc in there and its a pretty small shed!
  • Northwind wrote:
    5... Massive bike, big bike, light bike, old bike, tiny bike. Oh, and in-bits-bike.

The tiny bike - my Nyquist BMX doesn't really count, because I'll possibly never ride it again. It just hangs up in the garage and prevents me from thinking "Hey, I wish I had a BMX"- if I sold it I'd buy another and wouldn't ride that either.

:lol: im exactly the same, built a haro supra delux from scratch repainted everything, never rode it, leant it to a mate he had it nicked now thinking i need another lol. at least they dont take up as much room. :mrgreen:
  • Northwind
    Northwind Posts: 14,675
    Oh thank god for that! Not just me...

Seems like some folks on here don't have a too-many-bikes problem, they have an insufficient-sheds problem.
    Uncompromising extremist
  • M_rift04
    M_rift04 Posts: 504
    Total - 12

Way too many, I am cutting down drastically. 3 are for sale. Oldies I might just give to SUSTRANS. Just bought DH rig so I'm keeping that and the others are going out from the garage too but when/if need money.

All in a secret location...btw ;)

I am a great believer that you can have a bike for every occasion but in all honesty I mainly just use the Mmm Bop for everything.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 22,088
    Not enough

Just looking what bike to add to the stable :)
  • Orihe
    Orihe Posts: 22
    Two bikes

MTB - Lapierre Zesty 214 (2012)
    BMX - Wethepeople Reason

Having that many would be a nightmare to keep them all tip top and clean, got my zesty the other day and got rid of my Scott the same day needed the room! :)