The Flat Earth Society

13»

Comments

• DonDaddyD
    DonDaddyD Posts: 12,689
    Superman is real.
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • EKE_38BPM
    EKE_38BPM Posts: 5,821
    I just went on to Wikipedia and apparently Columbus DID think he had reached the west coast of India after all. Guess he must have thought he had sailed past Sri Lanka in the dark or something.

Superman isn't real but Spiderman is.
    FCN 3: Raleigh Record Ace fixie-to be resurrected sometime in the future
    FCN 4: Planet X Schmaffenschmack 2- workhorse
    FCN 9: B Twin Vitamin - winter commuter/loan bike for trainees

I'm hungry. I'm always hungry!
  • DonDaddyD
    How can Spider-man (hyphen) be real!? Have you ever been bitten by a spider or injected with radiation? The notion is ridiculous.

Much more plausible is a dude sent from a dying World to this one. Because of his genetic makeup he becomes empowered from yellow sunlight and is weak against magic. I'm talking of the Post Crisis/Pre Flashpoint Superman and not the Pre Crisis Superman who could juggle planets.

What's more I've seen him.
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • EKE_38BPM
    Spiderman is real, I met him at the Morpeth the other day. He showed me the scar where the spider bit him. He says he wish he used a hydrocolloid dressing to reduce the scarring, but he was too busy trying to stick it to Mary-Jane and do his homework. He also enjoyed picking the scab too much.

Super-man on the other hand is obviously fictitious. Powered by the sun? He'd be useless at night or during a total eclipse and weaked when indoors. Also, the further he went from the sun, the weaker he'd get.

• DonDaddyD
    Rigth well firstly Spider-Man is no longer married to Mary Jane and he doesn't do homework following the One More Day reboot - man that was a dark time on the Comic forums.

Superman (no hyphen) stores solar energy. He is essentially a battery of yellow sun light. Makes more sense now.
    Food Chain number = 4

• bails87
    bails87 Posts: 12,998
    If you put superman in a cage, and put a blanket over him, would he go to sleep like a canary?
    MTB/CX

"As I said last time, it won't happen again."
  • EKE_38BPM
    When my mate Peter got bitten by the spider, he was still only lusting after Mary-Jane (hypen) and a student dreaming of being a photographer, hence him trying to stick it to M-J (hyphen). (I remember the wedding, nice hors d'oeuvres). I was gutted when they got divorced. Its always difficult when couples split and you end up choosing which one to stay friends with, but Spider~man gets a bit up himself when he's had a drink and M-J can suck a golf ball through a hose pipe, so she won coz anything can happen when she's had a shandy.

Super_man is a flying battery? Makes perfect sense.

• SimonAH
    SimonAH Posts: 3,730
    Jesus was bitten by a radioactive water boatman, true.
    FCN 5 belt driven fixie for city bits
    CAADX 105 beastie for bumpy bits
    Litespeed L3 for Strava bits

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.
  • jimmypippa
    jimmypippa Posts: 1,712
    Thanks for reminding me of FSDT.

crank.net used to be worth a giggle too.

And who can forget the timecube.
  • EKE_38BPM
    What the hell is Timecube?
    Timecube wrote:
    ...I know for a fact that 4 simultaneous 24
    hour Days exist within a single rotation
    of Earth. Midday is a light race Day.
    Sundown is an Asian race Day. Midnight
    is a Black Race Day and Sunup is an Indian
    Race Day. Erroneous 1 Day 1 God crap
    has corrupted human Cubic intelligence.
    Genesis 1:5 "first Day"is an evil Lie -
    contradicting the whole damn bible sh-it.
    Bible and stupid academic ONEness
    ignores and obstructs Cubic Creation
    Intelligence. Black people should create
    a "White Race Appreciation Day"for
    all they have sacrificed to help the Black.
    Compare the American Black economics
    to the African Black environment where
    Whites can't own land or vote...

I didn't read it all, but it seems to be one long stream of madness. I hope whoever wrote it seeks help, even if they wrote it as a joke.

• jimmypippa
    jimmypippa Posts: 1,712
    It has a certain "something"

Illucidity perhaps

From Wikipedia:
    Before Time Cube, Otis E. Ray advocated the sport of marbles. He authored a book titled Mr. Marbles – Marbles for Everyone,[11] and got the city council of St. Petersburg, Florida to proclaim a "Marbles Week" in the 1970's. In 1987, this became a controversial attempt to establish a million dollar marble tournament inside a huge round structure and establish a philosophical "Order of the Sphere."[12] Gene Ray is listed as President and Treasurer of the World Professional Marbles Players Association. "Otis E. Ray" is also listed as the owner of US patents 4179122 and 4393618 for a "Marble game apparatus" and a "Novelty written message device suitable for mailing" [13].