Worst song vocals ever

2»

Comments

• Shouty vocalists: I cant stand Beverly Knight, as she sings at top volume all the time, makes my ears hurt after 30 secs. So any of hers. I also cant stand Manic Street Preachers for the same reason, and his voice isn't so good so why write songs that keep you just on the wrong side of what you can deliver?

Lyrics, though. Absolute Radio are playing Mumford Brothers and their lyrics are awful....

Great songs, but yes, sh*t vocals. That band hasn't been the same since Richie dissapeared.

Oooooh, we're getting into Bob Dylan territory now!

Thats the same But different, Dylans vocals are like sh*t, but a Dylan song wouldn't be a Dylan if it didnt have him dribbling and squarking all over it.

Couldn't agree less. Dylan's songs are (generally) much better when done by others!

Hmm, now you mention it, there are some Epic Dylan covers...

Hendrix - All Along The Watchtower

It's All Over Now Baby Blue by Van & Them
    Mr Tambourine Man - The Byrds
  • Shouty vocalists: I cant stand Beverly Knight, as she sings at top volume all the time, makes my ears hurt after 30 secs. So any of hers..

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaat ! OK she is loud - but she does loud so well.

Agree with you there fella.. I saw her a few years ago at the Cambridge Corn Exchange.. Just her, 3 backing singers and her band and it was brilliant. She sang for 2 hours with no breaks. No costume changes, dancers or other distractions, just her singing. Absolutely fantastic!

Now Britney Spears.. If she disappeared back to her trailor park would the world even notice? Can't stand her.

And Beyonce is another who has somehow made a little talent go a very long way..

Anyway.. There is a strange yellow thing glowing in the sky, the roads are dry and the wind is below gale force so I'm off out. See you in 30-40(ish!!) miles!
  • Ben6899
    Ben6899 Posts: 9,686
    Going slightly off-topic, but some mentioned Manic Street Preachers. The vocals could be better, I agree, but the lyrics are to die for. "Motorcycle Emptiness" is one of my all time favourites and - for me - sums up the errors of today's ways.

Brilliant.

Back to horrendous vocals... Adele. I just can't get on with her. I appreciate the talent, but it's not what I'm looking for when listening to music.
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/143173475@N05/
  • RichN95 wrote:
    A Whole New World by Peter Andre and Jordan. Particularly the latter one.

A

Oh, that one's funny. It's so beyond awfulness it needs a superlative all of its own. Any suggestions?
  • edhornby
    edhornby Posts: 1,780
    that jordan/andre cover, you can find on the internet the vocals before they went through the autotune - just outrageous

LeicesterLad - with Elvis Costello it's all about the lyrics, they are brilliant even if his singing doesn't float everyones boat

ok another poor vocalist - Buble. Has a range of 1 and a half octaves and is seriously autotuned to make him sound acceptable.
    "I get paid to make other people suffer on my wheel, how good is that"
    --Jens Voight
  • Tom Dean
    Tom Dean Posts: 1,723
    It's All Over Now Baby Blue by Van & Them

I hadn't heard this version till just now, I thought it would be hard to beat one of Dylan's best performances on record.

The original is untouchable. You must be on crack to think this is better!
  • Lazarus
    Lazarus Posts: 1,426
    You are all a bunch of meanies..... All those artists mentioned previously can sing !

You have all been spoilt and now expect excellence all the time :wink:

Head over to soundcloud and listen to some gems on there - Perfectly good tunes mangled to perfection.

http://soundcloud.com/aleximccreedy/wicked-game

Is good for a starter but it does get worse
    A punctured bicycle
    On a hillside desolate
    Will nature make a man of me yet ?
  • RonB
    RonB Posts: 3,984
    Vocals not lyrics, then it has to be folksy rock chic girlie singers in the Katie Melua(?) vein who have to sound all winsome waspish and so on and so forth... Get over it and do something original, you sound like Alanis Morrisette c1995 and that was overkill, even then!

Before that and following along with the Bob thread, blokes like Tom Waits and John Martyn who, for me anyway, overdid their "iconic" style and became parodies of themselves, so unnecessary.
  • cornerblock
    cornerblock Posts: 3,228
    Heather Small of M People has me running for the door or the off switch. Bob Geldof too, oi'd donate me fecking money t' never hear him sing again.
  • Gazzetta67
    Gazzetta67 Posts: 1,890
    + 1 for Heather Small cant stand her voice ..... Surprised nobody`s mentioned Kings of Leon ? is it me or does this guy sound like he`s having a bad day in the kazzi and cant squeeze one out !!! another over hyped group.
  • I can't stand Florence and the machine, if I here her voice the radio station changes rapidly. Probably sacrilege but Ian Brown live makes Vic Reeves pub sylie sound good.
  • BigG67
    BigG67 Posts: 582
    Chris de Burgh...
  • lemoncurd
    lemoncurd Posts: 1,428
    That bloke that sings "Maybeeeeee, you're gonna be the one that saaaaaves me"

Pile O'Shite
  • http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DAsmf1LG ... re=related

I quite like the Skids and the Armoury Show.
    "A cyclist has nothing to lose but his chain"

PTP Runner Up 2015
  • Gazzetta67 wrote:
    + 1 for Heather Small cant stand her voice .....

Oh god yeah, her out of M-People?
    can't stand it - sounds like she's gargling whilst singing.