Intense Slopestyle WIP FINISHED MK I!

2»

Comments

• Fraid not, they were the mothers bathroom scales...
    Santa Cruz 5010C
    Deviate Guide
    Specialized Sequoia Elite
    Pivot Mach 429SL
    Trek Madone 5.2 Di2
    Salsa Mukluk Carbon
    Specialized Turbo Levo Expert 29er
  • bennett_346
    bennett_346 Posts: 5,029
    I will be honest... this bike got me a little wet donw in my pants... there was a fizzle :)
    A james may fizzle?
  • tom_howard
    tom_howard Posts: 789
    So at the risk of turning 'fizzles' into 'full on pants explosion' heres an update..

first of all, the component upgrades:

Brakes are now XTR M972 with Yumeya resevoir caps.
    Shifters are now XTR M970
    Rear mech is now XTR M972 (the shadow one)
    Tyres are Intense micro nobblys, which are a bit ridiculous on this bike and I didnt even buy them for it (SS street/play bike is WIP) but they are a giggle if I fancy playing in town/riding to work. Mega light too!
    Bars are currently Raceface FR 785s, bought cheap to see what they were like, still undecided but I'll see how they are with DH forks and a 50mm stem, if the crown race for the forks ever arrives!
    Also ditched the rear qr that was holding the front maxle together, got the proper bits now :)

Current weight is a shade under 34lbs which for a 170mm bike is a fair effort! Yes I know the street tyres are the contributing factor, but I dont care :-D I'm aiming for an alps capable bike around 35lbs, or a DH bike thats sub 37lbs

As for how she rides, I've done a number of differnt rides (DH, an all day ride, commuting, f*cking around in the woods and im off on a street ride tomorrow) and it rides really well in all situations, even climbing isnt too much of a slog. (the only thing holding it back is the rider) with minimal adjustment of the forks, shock and a change of tyres. My only slight complaint is the BB height, or lack therein of. No doubt I'll get used to it but for now im averaging a major pedal strike for every day out! Plus the more I ride it the more desperate I become for a reverb, but that should be here in a few weeks, according to current fiscal conditions.

Will post pics up tomorrow.
    Santa Cruz 5010C
    Deviate Guide
    Pivot Mach 429SL
    Trek Madone 5.2 Di2
    Salsa Mukluk Carbon
  • tom_howard
    tom_howard Posts: 789
    Said pics....

p4pb7822520.jpg
    p4pb7822517.jpg
    p4pb7822515.jpg
    p4pb7822511.jpg
    p4pb7822508.jpg
    p4pb7822507.jpg
    p4pb7822505.jpg
    Santa Cruz 5010C
    Deviate Guide
    Pivot Mach 429SL
    Trek Madone 5.2 Di2
    Salsa Mukluk Carbon
  • mrmonkfinger
    mrmonkfinger Posts: 1,452
    More bling than Mr T... nice.
    I suspected some of the kit from the orange prob wouldn't be a straight swap. You'll not be suprised that I'm right

No not even slightly surprised, always the way.

On my list at the moment - stem, headset, seatpost, clamp, axle adaptors...
  • Thewaylander
    Thewaylander Posts: 8,594
    I will be honest... this bike got me a little wet donw in my pants... there was a fizzle :)
    A james may fizzle?

Completely but with out his hair cut, :p