Tacx Sirius Turbo Trainer assembly advice

Thebigbee
Thebigbee Posts: 570
Hi,

got a Tacx Sirius trainer for Xmas and thought I'd try working a few of the pounds I put on, off.

Just finished assembling it and followed the instructions to the best of my ability. The only problem that I thought I had faced was the fact that I only had 1 13mm spanner so tightening up the bolt that holds the mag unit was a bit of a pain so isn't exactly tightly done up but it says that the mag unit still has to be able to move.

Swapped the quick release over and fitted the bike. Thought that was odd but then remembered the handle. Pushed it down which raised the mag unit. Unfortunately it is still about 2-3mm off the wheel which is kind of annoying!

The bike is a Specialized Allez so was under the impression I didn't need to use the spacer kit.

Has anyone got any ideas where I have gone wrong and any advice to rectify?

Thanks in advance for any help, cheers

Comments

• dabber
    dabber Posts: 1,924
    At the back of the lever which pushes the roller towards the tyre there is a little knob. You turn that to adjust the pressure of the roller against the tyre.
    “You may think that; I couldn’t possibly comment!”

Wilier Cento Uno SR/Wilier Mortirolo/Specialized Roubaix Comp/Kona Hei Hei/Calibre Bossnut