Sportracks alternatives

rich164h
rich164h Posts: 433
Hi,
Can anyone recommend a free to use alternative to sportracks? Preferably one that can import my current sportracks log file.

I was quite happy using ST version 2 with my forerunner 405, had it set up perfectly with excellent plug ins etc and when I was given an Edge 800 for the JOGLE I did earlier this year I quickly found out that v2 doesn't support .fit files. There is a free version of v3.1 but that is limited in functionality, and in particular the number of plugins that can be used, so it's actually almost useless for what I want it to do other than to use as a place to load all my files into a single location/logfile.

I'd happily pay the developer the $35 but quite honestly I just can't afford that at the moment which is really frustrating as I know that it will offer me what I want, but if there is an alternative then I'll give it a go.

Rich

Comments

• jibberjim
    jibberjim Posts: 2,810
    So stick with ST 2.1 ??
    Jibbering Sports Stuff: http://jibbering.com/sports/
  • You could convert your f.i.t files to tcx files by exporting from something like Training Centre for example and so keep using the older version, but i would scrape beg or borrow the money to get the full version ,well worth a one off payment of ~£22 and with free access to future upgrades.
  • mclarent
    mclarent Posts: 784
    Golden Cheetah?
    "And the Lord said unto Cain, 'where is Abel thy brother?' And he said, 'I know not: I dropped him on the climb up to the motorway bridge'."
    - eccolafilosofiadelpedale
  • richh
    richh Posts: 187
    edited December 2011
    kettrinboy wrote:
    You could convert your f.i.t files to tcx files by exporting from something like Training Centre for example and so keep using the older version, but i would scrape beg or borrow the money to get the full version ,well worth a one off payment of ~£22 and with free access to future upgrades.
    Training Centre doesn't support .fit files either! Garmin Connect does though so that could be the way to go. Yes I will upgrade when I've got the cash but for the time being it will have to wait.
  • richh
    richh Posts: 187
    mclarent wrote:
    Golden Cheetah?
    thanks, I'll give it a go.