What is your mileage resolution for 2012?

2»

Comments

• Training will be long routes to/from work, doesn't really count as commuting as I might change bike before heading to work. Turbo is just a new winter trial thing for me, if I can hack it I should keep up some base fitness to carry into spring.
    I actually live on a National TT route and I'm often commuting home when the 'not-so-local' RC are holding their 10tt (us locals do the same route on a diferent night, and backwards). Most of the guys in pointy hats can destroy your average commuter, but I have scored a few scalps or had some great tows :-) If I keep up with the turbo, I'm hoping for an earlier start.
    FCN16 - 1970 BSA Wayfarer

FCN4 - Fixie Inc
  • 3265 for last year with the last two months having been non-exixtent on the bike, will be looking to beat 4000 with a stretch target of 4500. This will include Etape Acte 2, Dragon Ride (ballot permitting) and several other sporives as well as a training week in snowdonia
    Allez Triple (hairy with mudguards) - FCN 4
    Ribble Gran Fondo
  • gb155
    gb155 Posts: 2,048
    going for 5k this year, around 25% less than 2011, however I want them to be QUALITY Miles as opposed to just miles
    On a Mission to lose 20 stone..Get My Life Back

December 2007 - 39 Stone 05 Lbs

July 2011 - 13 Stone 12 Lbs - Cycled 17851 Miles

http://39stonecyclist.com
    Now the hard work starts.
  • Clarion
    Clarion Posts: 223
    StuAff wrote:
    Clarion wrote:
    Worth mentioning that StuAff is one of the people I chase on MCL

Indeed. Your mileage is certainly rather excellent in its own right (over 1/3 more than I did last year!).

Thanks. I'm flattered.

This year, I will be dogging your heels on Friday Nights.

No. That sounds so wrong.

I mean I'll be doing more FNRttCs (I did the last three this year, not including last nights unofficial one), so I shouldn't fall so far behind you every month :D
    Riding on 531
  • sketchley
    sketchley Posts: 4,238
    5,200 again. Missed it this year by 1,000.
    --
    Chris

Genesis Equilibrium - FCN 3/4/5
  • MTB-Idle wrote:
    Clarion wrote:

I did notice as I was entering some tandem miles (see, the tandem's computer is in miles, as the beloved stoker doesn't work in modern numbers), that I am close to the magic number of 8760 miles, which would be one mile per hour for the entire year

I like that stat :!: 8)

Isn't 2012 a leap year, so 8784 miles (but luckily you get an extra day to do it in)?
  • asprilla
    asprilla Posts: 8,440
    Since I missed last year's target by 120 miles and I'm going to miss this year's by about the same my resolution for next year is not to be such a frickin wuss.
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Race - Fuji Norcom Straight
    Sun - Cervelo R3
    Winter / Commute - Dolan ADX
  • More than 10k so long as work doesn't throw a spanner in the works by sending me to the States for "six sigma black belt" training like they keep threatening. That would loose me 880 miles FFS!
    Dolan Preffisio
    2010 Cube Agree SL
  • asprilla
    asprilla Posts: 8,440
    Six sigma? Great in principle but I've never worked for a company with the time, money and will to implement it correctly. I became a green belt at Amex who do more than anyone else I've worked with.

It's nice to have in the CV though.
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Race - Fuji Norcom Straight
    Sun - Cervelo R3
    Winter / Commute - Dolan ADX
  • My manager and two of my colleagues have already passed the exams, but no one has completed a project yet so no one is "certified" In principle, I'd like to do it, but it's 4 separate weeks training in America which means 8 lost weekends and 8 economy flights. I have a 3 year old daughter and a 4 month old son, so as you can imagine the idea of all this time away is going down well with the missus.
    Dolan Preffisio
    2010 Cube Agree SL
  • hambones
    hambones Posts: 407
    No particular motivation regarding mileage next, as per this year. The focus will again be on speed and fitness. I'm very surprised by the mileage I have ended up doing, and obviously LEJOG in April gave the figures a big boost, because I don't consider I do a particularly great deal of cycling, but it sure all adds up!
    Still breathing.....
  • Clarion
    Clarion Posts: 223
    MTB-Idle wrote:
    Clarion wrote:

I did notice as I was entering some tandem miles (see, the tandem's computer is in miles, as the beloved stoker doesn't work in modern numbers), that I am close to the magic number of 8760 miles, which would be one mile per hour for the entire year

I like that stat :!: 8)

Isn't 2012 a leap year, so 8784 miles (but luckily you get an extra day to do it in)?

Schoolboy error! :oops:
    Riding on 531
  • Initialised
    Initialised Posts: 3,047
    I've done 2200 miles since mid may (when I started tracking with endomondo), based on a rough calculation that's ~4000 miles this year. Pleasantly surprised as I thought I'd only get 3500.

So this year I'll go for 4500 miles.
    I used to just ride my bike to work but now I find myself going out looking for bigger and bigger hills.
  • Libraio
    Libraio Posts: 181
    I did 2300km in 2010 (first year commuting on proper bike)
    Did 3100km this year. Aiming to do 4000km this year. I was shocked to see I didn't commute by bike on 38 days last year so I'll try not to wuss out so many times this year.
    The Commuter: 2009 Trek District
    The John Deere: 2011 Van Dessel WTF
  • 2000 km should be achievable for my first full year
    First love - Genesis Equilibrium 20
    Dirty - Forme Calver CX Sport
    Quickie - Scott CR1 SL HMX
    Notable ex's - Kinesis Crosslight, Specialized Tricross
  • willy b
    willy b Posts: 4,125
    Target is 6000 miles this year.
  • bails87
    bails87 Posts: 12,998
    Did just over 3600 miles (~5800km) in 2011, really ramped up the mileage to a consistent average of 80+ miles per week in the second half of the year though, and I missed some time around Feb/March due to being run over!

So I reckon 5000 miles/8000km is reasonable for 2012. In the last few months of last year I was doing 3 commutes per week, which is 100 miles, so if I can keep that up it'll be easy once I add in my weekend MTBing.

I'm going to try to get a good start by riding in for the rest of the week after driving today.
    MTB/CX

"As I said last time, it won't happen again."
  • dhope
    dhope Posts: 6,699
    Some back of the fag packet maths says I should aim for 4000miles
    Also noted on the back of the packet that I should also stop smoking when I'm drinking.
    Rose Xeon CW Disc
    CAAD12 Disc
    Condor Tempo
  • mudcow007
    mudcow007 Posts: 3,861
    Over 3000 hopefully i very very nearly it last year but missed out by a 100 miles or so

if i use my turbo can i add the miles on to my total? sits back an waits for abuse
    Keeping it classy since '83
  • kevess
    kevess Posts: 186
    Aiming for 6,000.
  • vorsprung
    vorsprung Posts: 1,953
    Total for last year was just under 10,000 miles
    Averaging 300km+ a week sounds like a lot, I've had a 15 mile each way commute to do though

Mileage total for the year is a bit like average speed, not a particularly meaningful, it just "depends"

I am going to start logging the rides again though, stats can be useful
  • EKE_38BPM
    EKE_38BPM Posts: 5,821
    To just do more.

And do it faster too.
    FCN 3: Raleigh Record Ace fixie-to be resurrected sometime in the future
    FCN 4: Planet X Schmaffenschmack 2- workhorse
    FCN 9: B Twin Vitamin - winter commuter/loan bike for trainees

I'm hungry. I'm always hungry!
  • Gazzaputt
    Gazzaputt Posts: 3,227
  • No idea : the miles will happen of their own accord .... :twisted:
    Specialized Roubaix Pro SL : Litespeed Titanium Siena : Specialized Allez : Specialized Tri Cross :
    Specialized Rockhopper
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,773
    I'll aim for 3,000 miles. I have no idea how I'll measure the total. Cheap cycle computer on my commuter, need something for the other 2 bikes.
  • karlb
    karlb Posts: 42
    Well the daily commute is around 27.5km, and assuming I cycle to work 45 weeks of the year, throw in 100km a month of random weekend cycling you get ~7400km, or 4600miles.

I'm actually hoping I'll add at least another 10% to that, might happen if my work mate gets me out training for some sportives,