New Years resolutions?

2»

Comments

• veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,773
    6) Join Facebook and find out what the fuss is all about (tick: done this)
    Really? So, what is all the fuss about?
  • Well, I have joined is what I meant. What scares the heck out of me is that given the very limited information I let them have they have managed to mine a huge number of connections, presumably because others who have my email address in their contacts list have provided that information to Facebook during their signup period. But then I suppose if it couldn't do that it would be very dull.

As to what the fuss is about I'm still watching to see how things develop.
  • suzyb
    suzyb Posts: 3,449
    Got another one.

Improve my arm and core strength.

I can barely manage 10 on knee push ups and if I ever need to cling onto something for dear life I'm screwed. Cycling has given me leg muscles, now I want some arm ones to match.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    Get a new job. :)

Ideally one that doesn't involve substantial pay-cut too.
  • bigmat
    bigmat Posts: 5,134
    StuAff wrote:
    To get back in to cycling a bit more - go out on rides just for the sake of it rather than only to run errands.

Try to work out what the hell I'm doing with my career!

On the first point: Sorry, I'm having problems understanding that one (says no 10 in the SCStats rankings)..but seriously, loads of social rides out there- I'm pretty sure to be passing through Essex multiple times in 2012 with assorted chums, as this year, and I know you'd be very welcome.
    Second point: No idea. But I'm sure you'll work it out. What happened to the air traffic control thing, btw?

Mine:
    Mileage. Probably less this year. That'll be 10k then, lol.
    A 200 mile day. Nearly managed it this year, so that's unfinished business.
    If I have anything to do with it, the best FNRttC ever (which is saying something). HPC to Southsea, April 20. Fantastic roads with bugger all traffic. Great company. Fantastic breakfast in a castle (and yes, that's a proper castle, not some folly). All welcome....
    A (shadow) lap of the M25
    FNRttC/Dun Run combo (again)
    As many other FNRttCs and other socials as I can fit in.
    And last, but most emphatically not least: HPCJoG...will probably put a few extra miles on that one to make up the distance. An E2E without having to suffer the overpriced dump that is Lands' End.

I've got one for you - use less acronyms!
  • bigmat
    bigmat Posts: 5,134
    Race more for me - Cat 3 would be nice, but really I just enjoy racing so would make do with the regular cut and thrust and the odd point if I'm lucky.
  • stuaff
    stuaff Posts: 1,736
    BigMat wrote:
    I've got one for you - use less acronyms!

:D
    Dahon Speed Pro TT; Trek Portland
    Viner Magnifica '08 ; Condor Squadra
    LeJOG in aid of the Royal British Legion. Please sponsor me at http://www.bmycharity.com/stuaffleck2011
  • ketsbaia
    ketsbaia Posts: 1,718
    Give up smoking when drinking
    Get to and maintain a sub-67kg weight
    Join a cycling club (probs Dulwich Paragon - anyone a member?)
    Save up for some lighter wheels/better groupset (I hate my 105 piece of cack)
    Do the Cingles de Ventoux :shock:
  • ketsbaia wrote:
    Give up smoking when drinking
    Get to and maintain a sub-67kg weight
    Join a cycling club (probs Dulwich Paragon - anyone a member?)
    Save up for some lighter wheels/better groupset (I hate my 105 piece of cack)
    Do the Cingles de Ventoux :shock:

Uncanny squire.

Give up smoking when drinking - tick! (bane of my life)
    Get to and maintain a sub-67kg weight - tick! (was 65kg in September, am now back to 70)
    Join a cycling club (probs Dulwich Paragon - anyone a member?) - tick! Twickenham in my case - been out with them several times already, derailed by a boozy December, just need to sign on t'dotted line.
  • ketsbaia
    Heh. Been a while, feller. How you doing?
  • ketsbaia wrote:
    Heh. Been a while, feller. How you doing?

Not bad mate. Was getting some decent form through to Oct / Nov but done a bit of an Ullrich last month or so.
    Still, you don't lose it all that quick, eh?
    Off the booze this month (and maybe next?) in an effort finally to kick the social roll-ups and to get soem quality miles in.
    Hard getting out in the wind and the rain though innit.
    Yourself?
  • ketsbaia
    Yeah, not bad. Had a bit of an Ullrich over Christmas myself, but am about to start getting on the turbo/out and about in seriousness this month. Won't be off the booze (how could I be?), but the fags are gone for good. Had enough of wheezing at the top of hills. Let me know if you're up for the odd training ride here and there. Am keen to get out into north Kent/Surrey again and it appears Mikey (dunno if you remember him from BCF) is going to need to do some training out that way as well.
  • Ok feller, distinct possibility that.
    Club rides are Saturday a.m. - a quick 50 miles.
    Might be up for longer, steadier rides on Sunday mornings.
  • (sorry for thread-hijack folks - PM from now on!)