Comments

• mr_poll
    mr_poll Posts: 1,547
    Close run thing between:

Andi Osho and Mickey Flannagan
  • mr_poll wrote:
    Close run thing between:

Andi Osho and Mickey Flannagan

I saw Micky live before the hype, and he was absolutely brilliant, much better than most around at the minute IMO, yeh, he's getting too much air time on p*ss poor TV programmes, but as a stand up, class act.
  • Nuggs wrote:
    sfichele wrote:
    Michael McIntyre

+1
    +1 million.

The bloke's just become a parody of himself. Culshaw's impression of him is funnier than the real thing...

+ 1 million?

Surely, 'To Infinity and beyond'.

And then a little bit further still.
  • I'm glad no ones mentioned our very own Alan Anderson. I must be the only forumite to have seen him - and if you get the chance do, I mean really DO - really quick, really engaging, really funny - - sounds like frankie boyle, looks like abe lincoln and is scotlands fave comedian just behind shrek and mel gibson (according to a US survey) - hehe
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
  • Lee Evans & and he's Pugley
  • bearfraser wrote:
    Lee Evans & and he's Pugley

Lee Evans,hardly new generation,been around for ages. :roll:
    should of used giantorangecannon
  • Nuggs wrote:
    sfichele wrote:
    Michael McIntyre

+1
    +1 million.

The bloke's just become a parody of himself. Culshaw's impression of him is funnier than the real thing...

+2 million. Posh bloke poncing about the stage shouting at people...
    Visit Ireland - all of it! Cycle in Dublin and know fear!!
    exercise.png
  • sfichele wrote:
    Michael McIntyre

+1
    +2
    Coveryourcar.co.uk RT Tester
    north west of england.
  • t.m.h.n.e.t
    t.m.h.n.e.t Posts: 2,265
    garrynolan wrote:
    Nuggs wrote:
    sfichele wrote:
    Michael McIntyre

+1
    +1 million.

+2 million. Posh bloke poncing about the stage shouting at people...

Ahh good :D I have tickets for his tour date at the Odyssey next year :roll:
  • Crapaud
    Crapaud Posts: 2,483
    I'm glad no ones mentioned our very own Alan Anderson. I must be the only forumite to have seen him - and if you get the chance, I mean really DO - really quick, really engaging, really funny - - sounds like frankie boyle, looks like abe lincoln and is scotlands fave comedian just behind shrek and mel gibson (according to a US survey) - hehe
    Dosen't he post on here? I'm sure he posted a link to his website and urged us to go and see him in Edinburgh. I think that's him who does the anti-smoking ads on Dave. Hang on, you're not him are you, Cleat?

For me it's Macintyre and Gervaise; for the life of me I can't see how anyone can find Gervaise funny.
    A fanatic is one who can’t change his mind and won’t change the subject - Churchill
  • Gazzetta67
    Gazzetta67 Posts: 1,890
    Is it me or is this a new trend that you must like these new stand up comedians ?

Miranda Hart is so annoying along with Bill Bailey sorry i cant get the joke.
    Victoria Wood was another one i hated :D .
  • alan_a
    alan_a Posts: 1,583
    Crapaud wrote:
    I'm glad no ones mentioned our very own Alan Anderson. I must be the only forumite to have seen him - and if you get the chance, I mean really DO - really quick, really engaging, really funny - - sounds like frankie boyle, looks like abe lincoln and is scotlands fave comedian just behind shrek and mel gibson (according to a US survey) - hehe
    Dosen't he post on here? I'm sure he posted a link to his website and urged us to go and see him in Edinburgh. I think that's him who does the anti-smoking ads on Dave. Hang on, you're not him are you, Cleat?

For me it's Macintyre and Gervaise; for the life of me I can't see how anyone can find Gervaise funny.

Cleat thanks for the kind words and @Crapaud nope I'm not Cleat.

Most of the people getting slagged off on here are (or more acurately were) excellent club comics and some are close pals. Sadly most comics and their abilities peak in a similar manner to a professional sportsman. Once they have got onto the telly they have to water down their material in order that a larger percentage of the audience does not complain about what they say rather than improve and hone their material so that a larger percentage enjoy their performance.

@king Jeffers... How the feck can you slag off Tim Vine? The man has written more excellent jokes than all the rest of the currant crop of comedians put together. Only Bob Monkhouse has written more high quality jokes than Tim Vine.

As for Gavin Webster being compared to PK... Fool, two more different comedians you could not get.

I saw Alan Carr's first gig... He genuinely talks like that.

I used to do warm up for Peter Kay... He had more than one joke back then, but sadly now he appears to have everyone else's.

I was one of the first to give John Bishop a headline spot at one of my gigs... He is an amazing story teller and his audience interaction is great.

I gigged with Chris Kent in Australia - he's excellent and hopefully going to be massive.

As another poster stated Mickey Flanagan is untouchable live. In fact my advice to most of you is go and see comedy LIVE. It is 100 times better than on the telly. Better still is avoid overpriced big name acts doing arena tours. Go to your local comedy clubs and see comedy in its natural habitat. Avoid open mic nights with a dozen acts, instead aim for venues with 3 or 4 professional comics on the bill. Below are a few of my favourite venues where you always get great comics and frequently special guests doing secret gigs.

London - Tattershall Castle on Embankment
    Sutton Coalfield - Comedy Junction @ Station Pub
    Manchester - XS Malarkey @ Platt Chapel
    Sheffield - Last Laff @ Lescar
    Liverpool - Baby Blue or Slaughterhouse
    Brighton - Komedia
    Glasgow - State Bar

As for overrated acts... Can someone please explain Doug Stanhope to me. I've tried and tried, but I just think he's an annoying drunk with too much to say and not enough punchlines.
  • alan_a
    alan_a Posts: 1,583
    edited December 2011
  • sfichele wrote:
    Michael McIntyre

+1
    he is just such an annoying Twot - that pads out the act with shouting and bouncing his blubber around the stage
  • b16 b3n
    b16 b3n Posts: 301
    That annoying Geordie lass, who just bangs on about women things. Cant remember her name. She's annoying
    " GET BACK CROC "
  • Lee Evans REEEEEEEAAAALLY!! One of the funniest guys live. :roll:
  • bearfraser wrote:

The reason he's been around for ages may have something to do with how funny he is?............
    "That doesn't look like a foot"......thought the sock.
  • Ber Nard
    Ber Nard Posts: 827
    Russell Kane. Just not funny.

Rob
  • thecm
    thecm Posts: 71
    Have to agree I can't stand Macintyre...you would not get fed up of just punching him in the face...repeatedly. On the other hand best I've seen live is Rich Hall with the second half as his trailer park trash uncle Otis Lee Crenshaw III
  • bearfraser wrote:

The reason he's been around for ages may have something to do with how funny he is?............

I did'nt say he was'nt.
    should of used giantorangecannon
  • WTF
    WTF Posts: 52
    b16 b3n wrote:
    That annoying Geordie lass, who just bangs on about women things. Cant remember her name. She's annoying

Sarah Millican ?
  • Nuggs
    Nuggs Posts: 1,804
    Alan A wrote:
    @king Jeffers... How the feck can you slag off Tim Vine? The man has written more excellent jokes than all the rest of the currant crop of comedians put together. Only Bob Monkhouse has written more high quality jokes than Tim Vine.
    +1

Tim Vine = Comedy Legend.
  • Tom Butcher
    Tom Butcher Posts: 3,830
    Agree Tim Vine writes some great gags - not sure he's got the stage presence of some comedians but for me anyway he shouldn't be on a list of the worst - he aint bad.

I'm going to say Russell Howard - he's no more unfunny than plenty of those mentioned above but most of them haven't had their own show on TV.

it's a hard life if you don't weaken.