The "Yes, it's really happening" CC Christmas/New Year Ride

bails87
bails87 Posts: 12,998
edited January 2012 in The Crudcatcher
Right then pimps and pimpettes...

Me and Kaise are riding at Cannock Chase on Friday 30th December.

Get your directions here: http://g.co/maps/udxdg

Parking is £3 for the whole day.

We'll probably meet late morning and do a couple of laps of Follow The Dog and The Monkey, which will be about 26 miles. We can always mix it up and do the Monkey twice and FTD just the once or session the final descents a few times.

So, who's in?
MTB/CX

"As I said last time, it won't happen again."

Comments

• welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    i don't think so, some of the guys are doing an uplift day at cwmcarn that day so i may be doing that
  • lawman
    lawman Posts: 6,868
    i could be up for this, depends whether my planned llandegla ride comes off or not, if it doesnt im there :D (as long as the mrs ok's it :lol:)
  • Gazlar
    Gazlar Posts: 8,084
    lawman wrote:
    (as long as the mrs ok's it :lol:)

You've changed, I've seen the pictures too, and shes womanly, not at all like a little ginger boy!!!
    Mountain biking is like sex.......more fun when someone else is getting hurt
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • bails87
    lawman wrote:
    i could be up for this, depends whether my planned llandegla ride comes off or not, if it doesnt im there :D (as long as the mrs ok's it :lol:)
    Christ, under the thumb already!

Well, if you find your testicles then it'll be good to see you!
    MTB/CX

• Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,718
    Sorry lads, would like to do it but am away in deepest darkest Dorset then :-(. Next time maybe.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • angry_bird
    angry_bird Posts: 3,786
    Yeah I'll be there, meant to be a bit more pro active on the other thread but been busy workings and stuff instead of faffing around trying to work out where the best place to go would be.
  • angry_bird
    By workings and stuff I've been playing bikes, eating and sleeping.
  • bails87
    no way.
    chicken-0011.jpg
    :twisted:
    MTB/CX

• projectsome
    projectsome Posts: 4,478
    It would take too much effort to get the bike/myself ready... and I'm low on fundage but I'll think about it.
    FARKBOOK TWATTER Happiness is my fucking mood!
  • Gazlar
    I'm 1% in, in the highly unlikely event that I manage to move house and bleed my brakes all on the 29th then I'll attend, but don't hold your breath.

Also I have to pop to nottingham on that day to loiter in a bush ;), remember a stalker is for life, not just for christmas
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • :( I'm werkin...
    Santa Cruz 5010C
    Deviate Guide
    Specialized Sequoia Elite
    Pivot Mach 429SL
    Trek Madone 5.2 Di2
    Salsa Mukluk Carbon
    Specialized Turbo Levo Expert 29er
  • Richie63
    Richie63 Posts: 2,132
    Back to work on the 28th :(
    I'm going to blow the bank on a new build ( within reason ) NOW DONE!!
    http://i570.photobucket.com/albums/ss14 ... 010362.jpg
  • sniper68
    sniper68 Posts: 2,910
    Riding in the Peak on 29th 8)
    Wouldn't drive all that way to ride Cannock anyway :roll:
  • foxc_uk
    foxc_uk Posts: 1,292
    I'm a definite maybe, although I will be going slooooow due to not having had a go on my bike since October some time. I do have to be in Sheffield in the evening but haven't found out what time yet so will see..
  • bails87
    *waits for Gazlar to confirm his attendance*
    MTB/CX

• Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,718
    bails87 wrote:
    Expect a sudden revival of interest in this ride as all the stalkers get flushed out.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Gazlar
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    bails87 wrote:
    Expect a sudden revival of interest in this ride as all the stalkers get flushed out.
    You might be waiting a while then Mr.B, I reckon I'll portion be available february.

I had a stalker this morning, but jabbed it in the eye with a chip fork and it son went down
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • bails87
    Gazlar wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    bails87 wrote:
    You might be waiting a while then Mr.B, I reckon I'll portion be available february.
    Shame, hope the move goes well.
    MTB/CX

• Clank
    Clank Posts: 2,323
    Would like to be there but its dependent on when I have to go to London and, I kid you not, progress with secret worky shizzle.

Them two aside, it'd be remiss to miss it. Let you know nearer the time.

On other news, I'm planning on hitting Cannock boxing day, 'cos I'm a curmudgenly f****r and will need to escape xmas! If anyone happens to be interested.
    How would I write my own epitaph? With a crayon - I'm not allowed anything I can sharpen to a sustainable point.

Disclaimer: Opinions expressed herein are worth exactly what you paid for them.
  • whyamihere
    whyamihere Posts: 7,704
    Nope.
  • lawman
    looks like im gonna be heading over for this, travel arrangements permitting, should be a good laugh :D
  • projectsome
    projectsome Posts: 4,478
    bah humbug, working... annoyingly, only until 12...
    FARKBOOK TWATTER Happiness is my fucking mood!
  • bails87
    lawman wrote:
    looks like im gonna be heading over for this, travel arrangements permitting, should be a good laugh :D
    If you need a lift from Wolves train station let me know.
    MTB/CX

• lawman
    bails87 wrote:
    lawman wrote:
    If you need a lift from Wolves train station let me know.

aye would be cool mr bails, cheers muchly :) can go which ever station would be easier for you tbh :)
  • Kaise
    Kaise Posts: 2,498
    What time we meeting up?

I'll be heading from Bristol so of any needs a lift let me know!
  • bails87
    Kaise wrote:
    What time we meeting up?

I'll be heading from Bristol so of any needs a lift let me know!
    I guess that depends on those of you coming from further away. I was thinking get there for 10:30, so we're ready to ride at 11? Gives us 4 hours of full light. Happy to meet earlier if people want though.
    MTB/CX

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,884
    Can't play due to work :( so going to Llandegla on we'd night at 6.30 if anyone is around
  • Kaise
    Kaise Posts: 2,498
    Word up fools! I'll be at Cannock for 1000hrs for a 1030hrs start, you down with that bails?

Also I'm up for a full day of hitting it hard, need to build my confidence on the new bike and the only way I'm gonna do that is session a few loops!!! Also you lot will be quicker than I!!
  • angry_bird
    Kaise wrote:
    I'm up for a full day of hitting it hard, need to build my confidence on the new bike and the only way I'm gonna do that is session a few loops!!! Also you lot will be quicker than I!!

Let's hope you don't break it again before friday then :lol:

I'll be up in the car park at 10 then. Will have to decide which bike to use, quite tempted to put in a few runs at stile cop beforehand so may bring the 456... if I can bare to drag it around with me.