POLOCINI Winter Sprinter 2012 - 4th March

polocini
polocini Posts: 201
It’s time to leave the winter behind with an early season ride around the rolling roads of Cheshire. We have a choice of two distances to ease you nicely into the event season.

Included in the £20 entry fee is a CNP nutrition pack worth £18.50 plus post ride massages, photographer, prize draws, insurance, motorcycle outrider, support van and of course THE FOOD.
At Polocini we can be bold enough to state that we HAVE the best food at any events. Plus lots of goodies at our Feed Stations. And in 2012 we even have a fresh coffee van where the first cup is free.
But for some people the highlight is the 'table of cake'.

Please note that we will not have a timing system at the event. We will be using the STRAVA online system. It is up to the entrants to time themselves with either a gps device or a phone with the STRAVA app. Included in the timing system is an optional 'King o'th Hill' timed climb challenge on the infamous Swiss Hill.
We have a 'battery bank' charging system at the event hq for those riders who want to charge their phones/devices.

Enter here: http://www.britishcycling.org.uk/events ... inter-2012
The event is run to British Cycling guidelines and we use the B.C rider insurance scheme.

The event is limited to 300 riders with NO entries on the line.

POLOCINI - RIDE THE STANDARD

Comments

• napoleond
    napoleond Posts: 5,992
    I think this may well be my 2nd ever sportive...
    Insta: ATEnduranceCoaching
    ABCC Cycling Coach
  • polocini
    It's an event and not a sportive :D

AL
  • Is it signed. :D
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
  • napoleond
    This may well be my 2nd ever event. ;)

I'm going to collect the signs as I go round and trade them in at the end.
    ABCC Cycling Coach
  • NapoleonD wrote:
    This may well be my 2nd ever event. ;)

I'm going to collect the signs as I go round and trade them in at the end.

Being Polocini and not Torelli, I'm sure Al won't need help with bringing the signs in. :wink:

Though I notice Torelli and doing 2 early winter warmers so Al might not even have to put any cards up at all ! :roll:

Oh also Al I'm hoping to get a new bike soon ( when bike to work eventually gets round to it) Any chance of a late entry for the "event" if I'm hanging on waiting for the bike to arrive?
    Bianchi. There are no alternatives only compromises!
    I RIDE A KONA CADABRA -would you like to come and have a play with my magic link?
  • Garz
    Garz Posts: 1,155
    If Al has only Torelli to compare against then his event will be a roaring success.
  • polocini
    Fungus- I'll save you an entry.

I also forgot to add that the event is free for under 16's.

AL
  • Ron Stuart
    Ron Stuart Posts: 1,242
    Polocini wrote:
    It's an event and not a sportive :D

AL

Sorry AL, the BC entry link states that the type of the event is.... Cycle Sportive (Non-Competitive) and I believe the guidelines you refer to are these http://www.polocini.com/Non-Comp_Event_guidelines.pdf where an event is stated as falling into several catergories Cyclosportive, Reliability Ride, Audax, or Leisure Ride. :wink:
  • polocini
    Cheers Ron!!!!! We need a new category. Something involving riding with your mates and eating a lot. A sort of gastrosportive.

AL
  • Is it true that you are having a "Time Stop" half way up Swiss Hill to keep the faster rides under 18mph :?:
  • polocini
    Cycle sport- a lot of riders did seem to like walking up Swiss Hill but there is no 'time stop'!!!People can ride as fast or slowly as they like as long as they follow the rules of the road.

AL
  • bigpikle
    bigpikle Posts: 1,690
    did this last year and was impressed - pretty good route, especially the 2nd half in the countryside, and superb food at the end. Ruined only by a numpty causing a crash for a couple of mates :(

Sadly wont make this year as its just too far too travel, but if its even better then I'm sure everyone will have a good time if the weather holds. Swiss Hill cobbles were a good challenge even without being wet ;)
    Your Past is Not Your Potential...
  • napoleond
    Is it true that your having a cattle prod for encouraging slow riders?
    ABCC Cycling Coach
  • Is it true that your having a cattle prod for encouraging slow riders?
    That's what the food's for! Talking of which - I'm entered (again) and really looking forward to it (again). It'll be my first event / gastrosportive of the year. Roll on March. :)
    |> Save money on purchases from CycleStore, Wiggle, Merlin, Evans, Chain Reaction, Halfords and more - click here (or PM me with questions)
  • Polocini wrote:
    Fungus- I'll save you an entry.

I also forgot to add that the event is free for under 16's.

AL

AL your a star. Now fingers crossed I get a bike in time!!!!!!

P.S. do I have to pay extra for the cattle prod??????
    Bianchi. There are no alternatives only compromises!
    I RIDE A KONA CADABRA -would you like to come and have a play with my magic link?
  • I'm signed up and looking forward to it. How many normally take part?
    Commuting weapon of choice = Carrera TDF Limited Edition, Crud RoadRacer Mk2 mudguards fitted.
  • The entrants are limited to 300 I think - and it sold out in 2011. I can't imagine it won't again this time around as it's a top event.
    |> Save money on purchases from CycleStore, Wiggle, Merlin, Evans, Chain Reaction, Halfords and more - click here (or PM me with questions)
  • This is going to be my first Sportive, sorry event, sounds good and looking forward to it.
  • Griffsters wrote:
    This is going to be my first Sportive, sorry event, sounds good and looking forward to it.
    It's going to be my first event too. My friend and I have signed up for the long course for a challenge! :D
    Commuting weapon of choice = Carrera TDF Limited Edition, Crud RoadRacer Mk2 mudguards fitted.
  • This should be my first event, its local and within my current limits but I will be in China that week (of all weeks), could everyone change their plans and stage the event a couple of weeks later? thanks
  • I'm a novice at road cycling and get intimidated by fast blokes in Lycra! Is this event lots of fast men in Lycra?!
  • I'll be in lycra but I wont be fast :D

My first Sportive and the distance will be a challenge for me. I found myself thinking the exact same thoughts but then thought sod it, why not? Sure is going to be fast folk but hopefully plenty of cyclists like me as well, just out to enjoy and test themselves a bit.

It all sounds like fun, although I may not be thinking that circa 45 miles in...
  • napoleond
    It will all be fast folk in lycra like me and we will crush your puny souls.*

*not actual size
    ABCC Cycling Coach
  • I may not be puny, but once i've poured myself into my lycra I absolutely do not look like the only gay in the village..
  • Wirral_paul
    Wirral_paul Posts: 2,476
    I've entered the above ride too. Two of my mates (maybe more) are entered. Need some motivation to get fit again after 4 months off injured.
  • Mike67
    Mike67 Posts: 585
    Not long to go 'til this one.

Think I'm ready (ish) :D

Is it a mass start at 9am does anyone know, or am I being dense and missed it on the website somewhere. (Not received any paper details aside from an e-mail receipt...should I have done?)
    Mike B

Cannondale CAAD9
    Kinesis Pro 5 cross bike
    Lots of bits
  • napoleond
    I've not been so unfit/overweight in years, this will be my 2nd sportive, really looking forward to it.
    ABCC Cycling Coach
  • bigpikle
    bigpikle Posts: 1,690
    Mike67 wrote:
    Not long to go 'til this one.

Think I'm ready (ish) :D

Is it a mass start at 9am does anyone know, or am I being dense and missed it on the website somewhere. (Not received any paper details aside from an e-mail receipt...should I have done?)

last year it was just a roll off when you're ready, and no mass start etc.
    Your Past is Not Your Potential...
  • napoleond
    Bollocks!

Mrs has clocked I've taken leave for this on Sunday and is now working! Can't get anyone to have the kids :(
    ABCC Cycling Coach
  • Mike67
    Mike67 Posts: 585
    NapoleonD wrote:
    Bollocks!

Mrs has clocked I've taken leave for this on Sunday and is now working! Can't get anyone to have the kids :(

Ooh bad luck. Hope you can sort something out. Seems a bit rough as didn't you enter months ago like myself?

Mine are being dropped off at the in-laws at 8am (with MrsB!). Luckily they only live 15 minutes away from event HQ.
    Win win really...MrsB gets to see her Mum and Dad, kids see the grandparents and I get 4 hours not being there :D
    Mike B

Cannondale CAAD9
    Kinesis Pro 5 cross bike
    Lots of bits