How big is yours then?

clarkey cat
clarkey cat Posts: 3,641
edited December 2011 in Commuting chat
Ours is barely 4 foot tall. Didn't want to spend loads of money on new baubles and don't have a big flat.

How about you?

Comments

• asprilla
    asprilla Posts: 8,440
    About 5'. It was the same price for 4'6" to 5'6" and this one was nice and bushy.

I was more concerned with the girth.
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Race - Fuji Norcom Straight
    Sun - Cervelo R3
    Winter / Commute - Dolan ADX
  • clarkey cat
    My biggest concern was the bush itself... it had to have a soft touch - not be too rough. I wanted my son to have a play with it and I didn't want him to hurt himself - or even get any of it in his eyes. He loves tapping the baubles and seeing them swing.
  • kelsen
    kelsen Posts: 2,003
    My biggest concern was the bush itself... it had to have a soft touch - not be too rough. I wanted my son to have a play with it and I didn't want him to hurt himself - or even get any of it in his eyes. He loves tapping the baubles and seeing them swing.

I know it's wrong, but I smirked! Sorry!
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    About 3 inches. Didn't put it up last year as I couldn't find it :lol:
    Faster than a tent.......
  • DonDaddyD
    DonDaddyD Posts: 12,689
    5ft.
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • 6ft.
  • mudcow007
    mudcow007 Posts: 3,861
    6ft of christmas pride

it took awhile to erect it as i was having problems with keeping it up. My mrs gave me a hand though, an it was all done in a jiffy.

you have to keep on top of the care though it will go all limp an floppy, we generally water ours everyday
    Keeping it classy since '83
  • SimonAH
    SimonAH Posts: 3,730
    Six, We have the last manufacturer of tinsel and baubles in the UK on an industrial estate local to my office. Every year they open up a section of the warehouse as a giant christmas wholesale store.

We had around fifty types of artificial tree to choose from, got an astoundingly realistic six footer for £90. Lots of different textures and not too 'perfect'. Genuinely you're pushed to tell from a few feet away.

It goes against the grain to buy a fakie, but was finally bullied into it.
    FCN 5 belt driven fixie for city bits
    CAADX 105 beastie for bumpy bits
    Litespeed L3 for Strava bits

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.
  • Monkeypump
    Monkeypump Posts: 1,528
    Just under 6ft, but plenty of girth and nicely soft to the touch.

It was a pleasure to recline on the sofa and watch the missus hang baubles off it...
  • spen666
    spen666 Posts: 17,709
    My ex wife took mine whern she left, so I've made do without one since then - it was decrepit and didn't look very good in any event and rarely stayed up for long
    Want to know the Spen666 behind the posts?
    Then read MY BLOG @ http://www.pebennett.com

Twittering @spen_666
  • tgotb
    tgotb Posts: 4,714
    I haven't had a proper look at it yet, but according to Mrs TGOTB who got her hands on it last weekend it's about 5' and quite solid. It'll be coming into the living room this weekend...
    Pannier, 120rpm.
  • 7 1/2 ft

http://www.diy.com/nav/christmas/artificial-trees-wreaths/plain-trees/7Ft-6In-228cm-Eiger-Christmas-Tree-11817537

Came in about a 100 pieces and took a long time to slot together.
  • Mine's a big, fat eight and has been standing proud now for some time. It never fails to get impressed comments from all who see it.
  • CiB
    CiB Posts: 6,098
    Gotta be honest and admit that mine's a disappointing few inches, but after a bit of grunting & sweating trying to get it up in the living room that first Christmas together the now wife did admit that it might not sound a lot but it's plenty wide enough for her thanks.
  • mines 6ft, it slightly bends to the left, and has a little lady mounted on the top of it who's twice as old as me!!
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,064
    Disgraceful you've all been reported to the mods :roll:
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • Jay dubbleU
    Jay dubbleU Posts: 3,159
    About 5ft with a fairy on top since Mrs JW stole my Seven-of-Nine figure
  • NGale
    NGale Posts: 1,866
    6ft and the cat has already attacked it :lol:
    Officers don't run, it's undignified and panics the men
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 61,116
    I've got a 6 footer this year but we had to stick it on a big spike to stop it falling over. I'm a bit worried it may have a disease as bits have been dropping off it already.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • joelsim
    joelsim Posts: 7,552
    I left mine in my old house, it was a bit big really and parts of it could really have done with a trim once in a while. A bit spikey too. A new one needed.
  • 7' - wide at the base, goes a bit narrower with a wide top.

Huge number around here as they're grown in this part of the world.
    ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH
  • goes a bit narrower with a wide top.

Have you partaken in topiary? :lol:
  • clarkey cat
    So my wife turned mine on last night. The effect was almost instantaneous - it was glistening triumphantly, despite not being very big. I looked at her pleadingly, urging her to insert a present underneath; she relented, lifting the undercarriage carefully and inserting a long clyndrical shape in the dark recesses beneath.

She always gets me a Jumbo Smarties, bless her.
  • Mark Elvin
    Mark Elvin Posts: 997
    edited December 2011
    8ft tall with Sworovski crystal decorations an a big fairy on top

edit: think I may have missed the point of the thread, having just read through it. :oops:
    2012 Cannondale Synapse
  • DonDaddyD
    DonDaddyD Posts: 12,689
    Mine is starting to wilt... certainly won't make it till January...
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    Mine is starting to wilt... certainly won't make it till January...

Stop playing computer games one-handed then...
  • asprilla
    asprilla Posts: 8,440
    Mark Elvin wrote:

edit: think I may have missed the point of the thread, having just read through it. :oops:

Maybe, maybe not.
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Race - Fuji Norcom Straight
    Sun - Cervelo R3
    Winter / Commute - Dolan ADX
  • Asprilla wrote:
    Mark Elvin wrote:

Maybe, maybe not.

I did edit it to make it more in keeping with the thread. :lol:
    2012 Cannondale Synapse
  • 10. Mrs G66 has to stand on a step ladder, and even then she can't touch the top!
    Swim. Bike. Run. Yeah. That's what I used to do.

Bike 1
    Bike 2-A
  • rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 29,372
    Greg66 wrote:
    10. Mrs G66 has to stand on a step ladder, and even then she can't touch the top!
    So there is such a thing as too big.
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition