Bruno Senna - what does he have to do?

2»

Comments

• Mr Plum
    Mr Plum Posts: 1,097
    Wrath Rob wrote:
    Didn't Bruno compete against Hamilton in GP2? Hamilton got to F1 and in his debut season (ok, it was with Mclaren), blew away his team mate Alonso. Senna got to F1 with a pony team and suffered the consequences. Hispania is not the place to get yourself noticed, you need to come up the ranks aligned with one of the F1 feeder teams that operate in GP2 so that you can get into a good F1 seat. Otherwise give up and go sports car or tin-top racing.

Hamilton won the GP2 championship in 2006 then moved to F1 in 2007. Senna made his debut into GP2 in 2007. You can't really compare them anyway - their careers have taken completely different paths.
    FCN 2 to 8
  • I hope Massa gets his mojo back next year. He's a serious talent and could easily show Alonso a thing or two in matching machinery.
    "That doesn't look like a foot"......thought the sock.
  • suzyb: "That confuses me as well. Stupid Renaults with Lotus on them"

For next year Renault are now Lotus Renault, and Lotus will be Caterham F1
    "That doesn't look like a foot"......thought the sock.
  • Mr Plum
    Mr Plum Posts: 1,097
    suzyb: "That confuses me as well. Stupid Renaults with Lotus on them"

Renault (Petrov, Senna etc...) raced as 'Lotus Renault GP' this season but will be 'Lotus F1' next season with Raikkonen and Grosjean. 'Team Lotus' (owned by Tony Fernandes) will become 'Caterham F1'.

Pointlessly confusing but clearer for next year.
    FCN 2 to 8
  • EKE_38BPM
    EKE_38BPM Posts: 5,821
    Mr Plum wrote:
    suzyb: "That confuses me as well. Stupid Renaults with Lotus on them"

Renault (Petrov, Senna etc...) raced as 'Lotus Renault GP' this season but will be 'Lotus F1' next season with Raikkonen and Grosjean. 'Team Lotus' (owned by Tony Fernandes) will become 'Caterham F1'.

Pointlessly confusing but clearer for next year.

Seems that Tony Fernandes is determined to bring a British motorsport name into F1. He's tried it with Lotus and that hasn't worked (because the people who bought Renault F1 seem to have had the same idea) so he's now trying it with Caterham. If this fails, maybe he'll move onto TVR, then Ginetta then, in a fit of desperation, Austin Healey.
    FCN 3: Raleigh Record Ace fixie-to be resurrected sometime in the future
    FCN 4: Planet X Schmaffenschmack 2- workhorse
    FCN 9: B Twin Vitamin - winter commuter/loan bike for trainees

I'm hungry. I'm always hungry!
  • Just signed for Williams on DDD's suggestion:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/formula ... 587505.stm