Turbo dungeon up and running

2»

Comments

• Wrath Rob
    Wrath Rob Posts: 2,918
    Mate has one, absolutely loves it, especialy the on-line aspect such as videos, map/terrain following etc. Not cheap but quite possibly one of the best solutions out there for an "active" trainer
    FCN3: Titanium Qoroz.
  • The turbo has definitely confirmed my leg length disparity. I barely notice it on the road, but on there it becomes rapidly apparent that my left leg isn't putting out the same reasonably fluid stroke the right manages. Is this best remedied with lower saddle height or shimming my shoes. Bike is comfortable on the road and I don't feel overly stretched
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,644
    dhope wrote:

The Paddy Wagon I think has road spacing on the rear triangle so if the chainline can be sorted then it could be a sensible (excluding the not so sensible price of the Kickr) setup.

You're too good to ride it on the road then? ;)
  • davis
    davis Posts: 2,506
    The turbo has definitely confirmed my leg length disparity. I barely notice it on the road, but on there it becomes rapidly apparent that my left leg isn't putting out the same reasonably fluid stroke the right manages. Is this best remedied with lower saddle height or shimming my shoes. Bike is comfortable on the road and I don't feel overly stretched

Shimming the shoes (cleats, even insoles) is the first option.
    Sometimes parts break. Sometimes you crash. Sometimes it’s your fault.
  • dhope
    dhope Posts: 6,699
    dhope wrote:

The Paddy Wagon I think has road spacing on the rear triangle so if the chainline can be sorted then it could be a sensible (excluding the not so sensible price of the Kickr) setup.

You're too good to ride it on the road then? ;)
    I've got the Condor for that. The Paddy Wagon frame was picked up to hang the spare kit on. Looks like it's track spacing in any event it may be the Konador will see the road after all. I could ride it down Embankment, restore a bit of pride to the Paddy Wagon name ;)
    Rose Xeon CW Disc
    CAAD12 Disc
    Condor Tempo
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,064
    what an utter PITA i had to take off and remove the batteries from my other CSC units because my stupid ar$e garmin 705 kept picking up those instead of the one one the turbo :evil:
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.