2»

Comments

• Koncordski
    Koncordski Posts: 1,009
    ketsbaia wrote:
    davmaggs wrote:
    ketsbaia wrote:
    davmaggs wrote:
    Before the lynch mob really warms up here is more information on why the walk-outs weren't about cycling, but instead coincided with the topic.

Why didn't they walk out yesterday, then?

I suspect they walked out because it suited how the process works and worked around the timetable of the organisation, but we on the outside remain fixated on the title of the debate because we have an interest in it.

I suspect they walked out because they don't give a flying fig about cyclist deaths.

Please don't be an idiot, I know it's a forum but c'mon.

#1 Brompton S2L Raw Lacquer, Leather Mudflaps
    #2 Boeris Italia race steel
    #3 Scott CR1 SL
    #4 Trek 1.1 commuter
    #5 Peugeot Grand Tourer (Tandem)
  • ketsbaia
    ketsbaia Posts: 1,718
    Koncordski wrote:
    ketsbaia wrote:
    davmaggs wrote:
    ketsbaia wrote:
    davmaggs wrote:
    Before the lynch mob really warms up here is more information on why the walk-outs weren't about cycling, but instead coincided with the topic.

I suspect they walked out because it suited how the process works and worked around the timetable of the organisation, but we on the outside remain fixated on the title of the debate because we have an interest in it.

I suspect they walked out because they don't give a flying fig about cyclist deaths.

*sigh*

Please don't call people idiots. I know it's a forum, but c'mon.
  • BBC London news have picked this up:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-16092572

The father of a London cyclist who was killed on Friday has said politicians should be "ashamed" of themselves for not making cycle safety a priority.

He has criticised the London Assembly after a meeting was abandoned before cycling issues could be discussed.

Tory members walked out over a separate political row involving the way Assembly seats have been allocated.

But Allister Cave, whose daughter Ellie Carey died in a crash in Bermondsey, said it was "pretty disgraceful".
  • prj45
    prj45 Posts: 2,208
    Going big in the Standard tomorrow apparently:

http://lydall.standard.co.uk/2011/12/fa ... agony.html
  • prj45
    prj45 Posts: 2,208
    And this guy looks like he could make a very big difference:

http://twitter.com/#!/flick2leg
  • ketsbaia
    ketsbaia Posts: 1,718
    Koncordski wrote:
    ketsbaia wrote:
    davmaggs wrote:
    ketsbaia wrote:
    davmaggs wrote:

Right then, 'idiot' boy. Riddle me this.

If I'm being an idiot, why is it that Tory AMs have only walked out of the assembly twice? And guess what was on the agenda the other time they walked out?

Want me to tell you, or has it only just dawned on you that you're a turkey voting for Christmas?

Next!
  • bails87
    bails87 Posts: 12,998
    As far as I've understood it, they've walked out because the committees set up to scrutinise the Tory mayor are often not chaired by a Tory GLA member. Just as the committees set up to scrutinise the Labour mayor were often not chaired by a Labour member. But members of both main parties will still be on the panel, just not necessarily chairing.

Andrew Boff has gone onto news sites to put his point across, which is better than nothing, but it still stinks.
    MTB/CX

"As I said last time, it won't happen again."