The Good News Thread

2»

Comments

• MingMong wrote:
    Good news, Mrs MM won tickets to the w/e's live final of Kecks Factor - And I'm not accompanying her, she's asked her sister :)

Result...................................Enjoy the fruits of her labour. Go for a ride, have a pint, have a Chinese and watch some TV/DVD of your choice and wait for her to come home and have some sexual gymnastics.

Round the weekend off by going out for a ride on Sunday while the missus titivates herself and go out for lunch upon your return. Eat,drink, be merry, more sexual gymnastics watch the results to strictly and x-factor, cup of cocoa and off to bed.

Job done. :wink:
    Tail end Charlie

The above post may contain traces of sarcasm or/and bullsh*t.
  • mingmong
    mingmong Posts: 542
    GiantMike wrote:
    MingMong wrote:
    Good news, Mrs MM won tickets to the w/e's live final of Kecks Factor - And I'm not accompanying her, she's asked her sister :)

Is the good news that she won the tickets, or that you're not accompanying her?

Or maybe she's taking a bomb to the event?

Y,Y,WTF?!
  • First good news today is that Cake Stop survived the spam attack. :lol: Same cannot be said for Pro Race :x
  • GiantMike
    GiantMike Posts: 3,139
    Survived another year and woke up with much less of a hangover that expected.

Wishing you all a Happy New Year and hopefully a lot of Good News for you all.
  • finchy
    finchy Posts: 6,686
    My birthday today! :D

Got some nice DVDs and books as pressies and money for course fees.

Birthday meal of paella and carrot cake. Not at the same time. As separate courses.
  • DIESELDOG
    DIESELDOG Posts: 2,087
    Richard_D wrote:
    ihazon303 wrote:
    Richard_D wrote:
    Good news for my 17 year old son. He has just got an interview for Oxford University

Poor kid.

If he thinks it is good news then it is. The finances can be sorted out. Without academically gifted kid getting interviews to Universities and then going to them you would not be posting items on Forums such as this.

If you are commenting from experience of the multiday interview he is going to I might understand but I saw no smilie or wish of luck.

Sorry I did not mean to bring the tone down but I am proud of his acheivement and did not like seeing it denigrated

GOOD news indeed, so long as his spelling is better than yours he'll be fine :D

Congratulations!

Love n hugs

DD
    Eagles may soar but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

www.onemanandhisbike.co.uk
  • GiantMike
    GiantMike Posts: 3,139
    GN1: My pre-first-race training is going really well and I'm almost up to my 2011 peak fitness already!

GN2: It's Spring :)
  • t.m.h.n.e.t
    t.m.h.n.e.t Posts: 2,265
    Post 1st March hedge cutting ban in effect ( gives wee birdies a chance to nest) and in a few weeks there will be less thorns and jaggy puncture causing things on the roads.

RESULT!
  • verylonglegs
    verylonglegs Posts: 4,023
    Good news in the eyes of some here I'm sure, I heard the Paris-Nice result mentioned on the Radio5 4pm sports bulletin. Don't recall them giving consideration to it in the past, cycling is definitely getting popular.