Appropriate attire

Comments

• I went to the optician to ask if I needed glasses. "Oh, I should say so", said the nice young lady, "This is an Estate Agent, the Optician is next door".......
    Nobody told me we had a communication problem
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    I'l let you know.

Within reason.

we just want to know what the doc thought of your clothes, we don't care about your health...

I know. Like I said.
  • PBo
    PBo Posts: 2,493
    I went to the doctors with a frog sat on my head. He said "what's the problem?""Can you get this off my arse?" said the frog.
  • t4tomo
    t4tomo Posts: 2,643
    A woman went to her doctors complaining of a bad back.
    The doctor said, 'It's just old age, there's nothing I can do for you.'
    The woman said, 'I want a second opinion'
    The doctor says, 'OK. you're ugly as well.'
    Bianchi Infinito CV
    Bianchi Via Nirone 7 Ultegra
    Brompton S Type
    Carrera Vengeance Ultimate Ltd
    Gary Fisher Aquila '98
    Front half of a Viking Saratoga Tandem
  • itboffin wrote:
    Greg66 wrote:
    Most doctor's ought to be impressed by your dedication, but it might depend on what your complaint is and if the doctor is likely to have to examine it.

As an aside I was in the doctor's the other week and met a neighbour who wanted to know what was wrong with me. She was quite insistent so in the end I told her that I'd always wanted a 9" penis. Her eyes widened as she exlaimed "Really?". "Yes", says me, "so I wondered if the doc could take a couple of inches off".....

If I had that ailment, I would simply fold it into thirds.

Never very good at maths were you Greg, what you meant to say was times it by 9 :wink:

5 hours 13 minutes to get there, but by God you worked out a reply in the end ITB! You're wasted round here. With quick fire repartee like that, you should definitely be on the stage. :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:
    Swim. Bike. Run. Yeah. That's what I used to do.

Bike 1
    Bike 2-A
  • rick_chasey
    Well, I was sent home early yesterday with a migraine, so I was in civies.
  • notsoblue
    notsoblue Posts: 5,756
    Well, I was sent home early yesterday with a migraine, so I was in civies.

This thread failed to deliver...
  • Headhuunter
    Headhuunter Posts: 6,494
    So what was the problem in the end? With your health rather than your attire....
    Do not write below this line. Office use only.
  • So what was the problem in the end? With your health rather than your attire....

I heard it was a weapon's wound to the leg.

"I was going to see the doc in my lycra ....but then I got hit by an arrow to the knee "
  • davis
    davis Posts: 2,506
    I had to go to the doctor for a bit of back trouble. He told me I'd have to stop masturbating. "Why?" I asked... "Because I'm trying to examine you, sir".
    Sometimes parts break. Sometimes you crash. Sometimes it’s your fault.
  • rick_chasey
    So what was the problem in the end? With your health rather than your attire....

Nose-wise, some bacteria partying in my nose.

Got prescribed some cream but I've since lost the prescription. At a bit of a loss as to what to do now.
  • So what was the problem in the end? With your health rather than your attire....

Got prescribed some cream but I've since lost the prescription. At a bit of a loss as to what to do now.

Tell the practice and ask for another.
    Le Cannon [98 Cannondale M400] [FCN: 8]
    The Mad Monkey [2013 Hoy 003] [FCN: 4]

Tell the practice and ask for another.

Yes and if they aren't helpful stage some industrial action. Whenever I have problems with my nose I always picket...
  • Brilliant WBW. Just brilliant.
  • Giraffoto
    Giraffoto Posts: 2,078
    True story - I went to casualty one time on the bike, and was waiting for ages. When they finally saw me the doctor said, "sorry about the wait but we don't give high priority to people who can get here on a bike" Which, in his defence, was fair enough.

Not true story - Woman turns up at the doctor, sweating/out of breath/total mess. "What's the problem?" say the doctor
    "I've got a problem with my a***hole" she replies
    "What sort of a problem?"
    "He wouldn't drive me here"
    Specialized Roubaix Elite 2015
    XM-057 rigid 29er
  • rick_chasey
    And update ( like you care..).

Saw the doctors (resplendent in my rapha kit) this morning since there had been no improvement.

Veins in nostril are to be cauterised.
  • Ben6899
    Ben6899 Posts: 9,686
    And update ( like you care..).

Saw the doctors (resplendent in my rapha kit) this morning since there had been no improvement.

Veins in nostril are to be cauterised.

I've had this done, Rick.

I broke my nose playing football and after everything had fixed and set, it just wouldn't settle down - the slightest knock leading to a torrent of haemoglobin.

Nothing to worry about and I honestly cannot recollect the last nosebleed I had. (~10yrs)
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/143173475@N05/
  • Woman goes to the doctor's;
    "Doc, I've got these terrible bruises and cuts on my knees and elbows, and I can't get them to heal up"
    "Well, how are you getting them?"
    "Erm, I'd rather not say - it's a bit embarrassing"
    "Look here, I'm a doctor, and I've seen every kind of strange illness and condition you can imagine"
    "Well....okay" says the woman reluctantly, blushing. "It's when I'm having sex"
    "Sex?" says the doc, raising an eyebrow in surprise
    The woman blushes an even deeper shade "Yes..... you know...em... doggy...."
    The doctor smiles "Is that all? That' s easy - just roll over on you back for a while and your knees and elbows will clear up in no time at all"
    "No way!" she replies "Have you ever smelt and Alsatian's breath?"
    "Get a bicycle. You won't regret it if you live"
    Mark Twain
  • NGale
    NGale Posts: 1,866
    There is nothing inappropriate about turning up in lycra.

Providing of course that you don't wear trade team kits, national kit, Grand Tour jerseys or World Champion stripes.

You haven't earned the right to wear those.

Does this count on your list
    41wjp-OyTWL._SX385_.jpg

If so, I fail :(
    Officers don't run, it's undignified and panics the men
  • Greg T
    Greg T Posts: 3,266
    Two guys are hunting in the woods, a bird flys up one of themraises his rifle and lets off a shot....

He shoots his mate, who drops to the floor.

"Oh my GOD! I've killed my mate - help!"

It just so happens that a doctor is walking along a path in the wood. He bursts into the clearing.

"I'm a doctor" he shouts "what's happened?"

"I've killed my mate - I've shot him" shouted the hunter.

"Are you sure he's dead" asks the Doctor.

BLAM

The hunter drops his smoking rifle from his shoulder, he's shot the prone body of his mate through the head....

"Yep - pretty sure he's dead - what do we do now?"
    Fixed gear for wet weather / hairy roadie for posing in the sun.

What would Thora Hurd do?
  • secretsam
    secretsam Posts: 5,120
    Given the shambolic appearance of most GPs, you could turn up in a clown suit or rags and still be better dressed than the doctor.

Go in full kit, sweaty, and sit next to the haughtiest, most obviously not-ill person there and have a good perspire. See if they've got the bottle to move. :)

It's just a hill. Get over it.
  • I went to the optician to ask if I needed glasses. "Oh, I should say so", said the nice young lady, "This is an Estate Agent, the Optician is next door".......

My Grandmother actually did visit a chartered accountant next door to the optician for an eye test...
  • rick_chasey
    Getting it done tomorrow! Finally.

Nose bleeds are definitely less frequent than they were a couple of months ago, so a little sceptical about my need for it now, but figure I should just get it done anyway.

As an aside, I've done all the work my boss wants me to do, and he won't give me any more work since I'm off tomorrow anyway , so I'm VERY VERY BORED.
  • Has anyone mentioned the fact that you'll be smelling roasted meat for the next couple of weeks?

(the above may be completely made up)
    Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
    2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
    Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter
  • rick_chasey
    Has anyone mentioned the fact that you'll be smelling roasted meat for the next couple of weeks?

(the above may be completely made up)

You say that, I was told by my doctor I'd be smelling a smell a bit like 'burnt toast' for a couple weeks.

*shrugs* I quite like the smell of toast.
  • CiB
    CiB Posts: 6,098
    I went to the docs, with a tin of custard seeping down my head, a sponge base in one ear and jelly & cream and some undredsunthousths in the other. The doc looked at me and identified the problem straight away. "You're farkin mad you are mate. Clear orf."
  • Ben6899
    Ben6899 Posts: 9,686
    CiB wrote:
    I went to the docs, with a tin of custard seeping down my head, a sponge base in one ear and jelly & cream and some undredsunthousths in the other. The doc looked at me and identified the problem straight away. "You're farkin mad you are mate. Clear orf."

I think "fucking mad" is a slightly harsh assessment. A trifle strange maybe, but..."
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/143173475@N05/
  • rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 29,362
    Are we doing tag team jokes now?

Who do I pair up with?
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition
  • daviesee
    daviesee Posts: 6,386
    Typical. Rick tries to have a serious thread and someone puts up a pair of knockers.

:wink:
    None of the above should be taken seriously, and certainly not personally.