Early Sunday races

2»

Comments

• Herbsman
    Herbsman Posts: 2,029
    In reply to the last two posts: thanks, that's added some welcome perspective.

In all honesty I hate catching trains to races, but still. It's saved me from wasting 20 miles worth of energy a few times.
    CAPTAIN BUCKFAST'S CYCLING TIPS - GUARANTEED TO WORK! 1 OUT OF 10 RACING CYCLISTS AGREE!
  • Herbsman wrote:

In all honesty I hate catching trains to races, but still. It's saved me from wasting 20 miles worth of energy a few times.

Maybe ride there? 20 miles is a warm-up
  • Herbsman
    Herbsman wrote:

Maybe ride there? 20 miles is a warm-up
    I usually do ride to my 'local' closed circuit races mate. They're at a track 20 miles away. And it's not a problem. But thanks for the helpful suggestion anyway - I'm sure it'll come in useful in future.
    CAPTAIN BUCKFAST'S CYCLING TIPS - GUARANTEED TO WORK! 1 OUT OF 10 RACING CYCLISTS AGREE!
  • So basically you are in the same position as many people who race. You go to the ones you can make it to and don't go to the ones you can't.

I fancy riding the Bay Series crits next week but it's a pre-requisite to be able to fly there and get accommodation / travel whilst there. This is elitist and is really putting me off the sport.
  • Herbsman
    STFU
  • Herbsman wrote:
    STFU

Life's tough. Not everyone can get everything they want on a plate. Don't whine about it, just get on and do the races you can make it to.
  • Herbsman
    Herbsman wrote:
    STFU

Life's tough. Not everyone can get everything they want on a plate. Don't whine about it, just get on and do the races you can make it to.
    I think we already established that. However, I didn't start this thread to whine about it. If you think that then you've missed the point, really.
  • Maybe there should be a Car Share sticky post or a sub-forum of Amateur Race?
  • By the way - I have some sympathy with Herbsman here - he's not whining.
    I think driving sucks and the less I can do it the better. Getting in a car spoils the day for me - unlike it seems 90% of the rest of the population.
    However, I don't see any way round the early Sunday thing: it's the time when fewest people work and fewest people are on the roads.
    I'm not involved in bike racing (yet) but in running I always hated Sunday a.m. races because it meant having no weekend as such - I would always enter Sat a.m. races if only cos it meant I could at least relax and go out for a couple of pints on Saturday evening, and have a nice stress-free Sunday.