Odd tattoo

t4tomo
t4tomo Posts: 2,643
edited December 2011 in Commuting chat
I saw a cycle courier chap this am with F**K TAXIS (without the *s) down the back of his calves (one word on each).

I was wondering does he have a death wish by inviting taxis to drive aggresively at him?

or is he not a supporter of the welfare state and all things associated but didn't pay attention in his spelling lessons?
Bianchi Infinito CV
Bianchi Via Nirone 7 Ultegra
Brompton S Type
Carrera Vengeance Ultimate Ltd
Gary Fisher Aquila '98
Front half of a Viking Saratoga Tandem

Comments

• t4tomo wrote:
    I saw a cycle courier chap this am with F**K TAXIS (without the *s) down the back of his calves (one word on each).

I was wondering does he have a death wish by inviting taxis to drive aggresively at him?

or is he not a supporter of the welfare state and all things associated but didn't pay attention in his spelling lessons?

watch-out-we-got-a-badass-over-here-meme.png
    Le Cannon [98 Cannondale M400] [FCN: 8]
    The Mad Monkey [2013 Hoy 003] [FCN: 4]
  • SimonAH
    SimonAH Posts: 3,730
    I won't dig out the picture, but we did see a.chap photographed, ahem, loving, a Rangerover on here a while back. Perhaps this courier is a member of the same club? who are we to judge?
    FCN 5 belt driven fixie for city bits
    CAADX 105 beastie for bumpy bits
    Litespeed L3 for Strava bits

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.
  • Ah yes, the man who really loved his range rover, I remember it well - thanks for sparing us Simon.

A couple of years ago I was up in Glasgow for my cousin's wedding. One of the other dinner guests had tattoed on the fingers of his left hand the letters G-E-R-S. Assuming him to be a frequent visitor at Ibrox I made some banal comment. Clearly I'd got the wrong end of the stick, and as he clenched his fists in rage I noticed the tattoos on his right hand spelt F-I-N.........
    Nobody told me we had a communication problem
  • Twostage
    Twostage Posts: 987
    Ah yes, the man who really loved his range rover, I remember it well - thanks for sparing us Simon.

A couple of years ago I was up in Glasgow for my cousin's wedding. One of the other dinner guests had tattoed on the fingers of his left hand the letters G-E-R-S. Assuming him to be a frequent visitor at Ibrox I made some banal comment. Clearly I'd got the wrong end of the stick, and as he clenched his fists in rage I noticed the tattoos on his right hand spelt F-I-N.........
    Probably for the avoidance of doubt.
    Did you get a look at his feet ? To incorporate both feet he would have needed 'tootsies'. :D
  • t4tomo
    Ah yes, the man who really loved his range rover, I remember it well - thanks for sparing us Simon.

he'd lost a finger off his right hand then?
    Bianchi Infinito CV
    Brompton S Type
    Gary Fisher Aquila '98
  • t4tomo wrote:

he'd lost a finger off his right hand then?

I think he tried to give it to me for mentioning the 'wrong' team.
  • rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 29,372

Now if it had been his right hand with GERS, the left could have been HWIN. Now that WOULD have been an odd tattoo.
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition
  • SimonAH
    :D:D Like CJCP! You have a twisted mind!

• mudcow007
    mudcow007 Posts: 3,861
    edited December 2011
    SimonAH wrote:
    I won't dig out the picture, but we did see a.chap photographed, ahem, loving, a Rangerover on here a while back. Perhaps this courier is a member of the same club? who are we to judge?

thats was my picture...well you know "not me" but i posted it

does anyone want a flashback?

yes you say?

ok then

rangey_love.jpg
    Keeping it classy since '83
  • notsoblue
    notsoblue Posts: 5,756
    mudcow007 wrote:
    thats was my picture...
    Well met...
  • mudcow007
    notsoblue wrote:
    mudcow007 wrote:
    thats was my picture...
    Well met...

pfft i wish that was me, he's hung like a range rover!!
  • SimonAH
    Hmmmmm, field (cow?) definitely some mud on the floor there......if one were to connect the dots as it were.....hmmmmm.

• Think: someone had to take that picture...
  • Libraio
    Libraio Posts: 181
    That poor, poor Range Rover. Had to be scrapped after it had it's picture taken...
    The Commuter: 2009 Trek District
    The John Deere: 2011 Van Dessel WTF
  • Maybe the pic is from Autotrader?
    "... with its warm and tight exhaust pipe, this car will be your perfect partner..."
  • Giraffoto
    Giraffoto Posts: 2,078
    Saw a guy on the beach in Ibiza some years back with "Mancester City" (original spelling) tattooed on his arm. Class act
    Specialized Roubaix Elite 2015
    XM-057 rigid 29er
  • Gussio
    Gussio Posts: 2,452
    There is a courier knocking about with STR8 on one calf and EDGE on the other. Looks pretty neat.
  • mudcow007
    true story

my dad managed a haulage company an had a few young trainee mechanics working for him, one of them liked getting tattoos. He walks in one day proudly showing off his new "tat" he had "Made in Brittain" on his upper arm..... yes that's how it was spelt
  • BigJimmyB
    BigJimmyB Posts: 1,302
    Gussio wrote:
    There is a courier knocking about with STR8 on one calf and EDGE on the other. Looks pretty neat.

Seen him in the City....
  • Gussio wrote:
    Straight edgers always have the wickests tattoos I think.

Regarding the spelling mistakes it makes me wonder if it's the tattoo owner's idea or an error in the art act... :-D
  • EKE_38BPM
    EKE_38BPM Posts: 5,821
    medoramas wrote:
    Gussio wrote:
    Straight edgers always have the wickests tattoos I think.

They don't drink, they don't shag around, they don't do drugs and their music is rubbish (imho). I guess getting tats is the only way they get a buzz.
    One of my cousins was straight edge and she was a boring so an so face to face, she could only communicate if there was a screen in front of her. All of her friends were the same. She said they would get together, play their rubbish music really loud and text each other instead of holding conversations.

Weird way for teens/young adults to be if you ask me.

Now that she's not straight edge anymore she is left covered in tats, unable to hold her drink and unable to hold a conversation. She also likes pop music now!?
    FCN 3: Raleigh Record Ace fixie-to be resurrected sometime in the future
    FCN 4: Planet X Schmaffenschmack 2- workhorse
    FCN 9: B Twin Vitamin - winter commuter/loan bike for trainees

I'm hungry. I'm always hungry!
  • mudcow007 wrote:
    true story

my dad managed a haulage company an had a few young trainee mechanics working for him, one of them liked getting tattoos. He walks in one day proudly showing off his new "tat" he had "Made in Brittain" on his upper arm..... yes that's how it was spelt

His mum might have been called Mrs Brittain...

Probably not though
    ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH
  • mudcow007 wrote:
    SimonAH wrote:

thats was my picture...well you know "not me" but i posted it

does anyone want a flashback?

yes you say?

ok then

rangey_love.jpg

Wouldn't fancy that myself, looks exhausting.
  • So Mr Tumble, what diameter exhaust pipes do you prefer?

tumble.jpg
  • EKE_38BPM
    EKE_38BPM Posts: 5,821
    So Mr Tumble, what diameter exhaust pipes do you prefer?

tumble.jpg

Well, personally...

2391.jpg
    FCN 3: Raleigh Record Ace fixie-to be resurrected sometime in the future
    FCN 4: Planet X Schmaffenschmack 2- workhorse
    FCN 9: B Twin Vitamin - winter commuter/loan bike for trainees

I'm hungry. I'm always hungry!
  • mtb-idle
    mtb-idle Posts: 2,179
    I must be old, I don't even know what straight edge is.
    FCN = 4
  • mtb-idle
    mtb-idle Posts: 2,179
    MTB-Idle wrote:

oh and before someone posts a link to straight edge showing me what it is I dont actually care either. :twisted:
    FCN = 4
  • t4tomo
    MTB-Idle wrote:
    MTB-Idle wrote:

oh and before someone posts a link to straight edge showing me what it is I dont actually care either. :twisted:

+1 They probably have something to do with the Flat Earth society, although more around the fringes
    Bianchi Infinito CV
    Brompton S Type
    Gary Fisher Aquila '98
  • Gussio wrote:

That sounds like it rules.
  • Once saw a man with L T F C tattooed on the knuckles of one hand.

On the other was E S U K.

He used to intermesh his fingers as a chat up line when he caught a girls eye.

Class!!!