Jeremy Clarkson shocker

MaxwellBygraves
MaxwellBygraves Posts: 1,353
edited December 2011 in The bottom bracket
Professional tw@t Jeremy Clarkson in tw@t shocker :roll:
"That's it! You people have stood in my way long enough. I'm going to clown college! " - Homer

Comments

• What has he done to upset you now?
  • Don't keep us in suspense now...
  • cornerblock
    cornerblock Posts: 3,228
    They apologised for something he said on The One Show tonight, not sure what it was he said as I just caught the apology at the end of the show. Something to do with trains I think.
  • People who watch the One show need to be offended imo.
  • ColinJ
    ColinJ Posts: 2,218
    What has he done to upset you now?
    Perhaps it is something to do with saying that public sector workers who went on strike today should be shot in front of their families, and that trains shouldn't stop so the bodies of people who have committed suicide by jumping in front of them can be cleaned up? Oh and forgetting to mention that he is paid £1,000,000 a year by the BBC for Top Gear and makes nearly that again from spin-offs ...?
  • Richj
    Richj Posts: 240
    missed the apology! but did cringe when he made his train comment. There was that awkward pause the moment he said it I thought.
  • Jez mon
    Jez mon Posts: 3,809
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NuuDnqSPnhA

It's Jeremy Clarkson, you know what you are going to get, so if you don't like it, let me introduce you to this

remote_control.jpg

You point them at the tv, press the button associated with the number of the channel you want to watch, and like magic, the bad scary man who offended your sensibilities goes away.

Just don't switch it to Dave, because that's probably showing Top Gear
    You live and learn. At any rate, you live
  • Bozman
    Bozman Posts: 2,518
    Top Gear could end up on Sky 1 next year.
    Top Gear, take it or leave it but he's possibly done a Ross by opening his gob on the One Show.
  • Richj
    Richj Posts: 240
    Jez mon wrote:
    It's Jeremy Clarkson, you know what you are going to get, so if you don't like it, let me introduce you to this

I know what you mean, I expected controversial but it was poor judgement by Clarkson, very poor.
  • Did the country's sense of humour go on strike today as well then? Must have missed the memo.
  • finchy
    finchy Posts: 6,686
    The problem with Clarkson is that he isn't actually funny, everything he says is just shock value for the easily shocked. If the easily shocked just ignored him for a couple of years he'd probably go away.
  • GiantMike
    GiantMike Posts: 3,139
    Frankly I'm shocked. Shocked that anybody intelligent enough to type (you lot) are stupid enough to watch The One Show. What are you thinking?

I'd rather watch the carpet, and I've got a dirty carpet.
  • -spider-
    -spider- Posts: 2,548
    GiantMike wrote:
    Frankly I'm shocked. Shocked that anybody intelligent enough to type (you lot) are stupid enough to watch The One Show. What are you thinking?

I'd rather watch the carpet, and I've got a dirty carpet.

Nobody clean the carpet afterthe party then?

-Spider-
  • johnfinch wrote:
    The problem with Clarkson is that he isn't actually funny, everything he says is just shock value for the easily shocked. If the easily shocked just ignored him for a couple of years he'd probably go away.

Lenny Henry has never been funny, I've assiduously ignored him for thirty years but he's still lingering.
  • afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    Professional troll says outlandish thing for attention, shocker. News at 11.
  • random man
    random man Posts: 1,518
    Clarkson completely misjudged his comments - they may have been acceptable for Mock The Week or HIGNFY but hardly appropriate for a tea-time show.
  • kentphil
    kentphil Posts: 479
    I agree with random man. There is a time and place for such jokes and The One Show was wrong on both counts.
    1998 Kona Cindercone in singlespeed commute spec
    2013 Cannondale Caadx 1x10
    2004 Giant TCR
  • I think my comments may have been misinterpreted, perhaps I should clarify - I was just pointing out that people seem to moan and get offended whenever Jeremy Clackson says anything pig ignorant - simple solution, turn off or don't watch, everyone knows what to expect from him.

Although even for Clarkson, they were particularly harsh and ignorant and in the wrong context.
    "That's it! You people have stood in my way long enough. I'm going to clown college! " - Homer
  • yeah! its not like he was saying that cyclist should be run down or piano wire stretched across the road to decapitate us!

he looked well sheepish at the end. i think even he'd realised he'd dropped a bollock.
    'dont forget lads, one evertonian is worth twenty kopites'
  • Does anybody remember that Top Gear episode years back in which our illustrious hero waved a printout about saying it was a study proving beyond doubt that the environment was better off if everybody went out and bought cars instead of taking the train? I'd like to have a wee rummage in that study...
  • Jez mon wrote:
    Just don't switch it to Dave, because that's probably showing Top Gear

Probably?? I wasn't aware that Dave showed anything but Toss Gear!

David
    "It is not enough merely to win; others must lose." - Gore Vidal
  • DavidBelcher
    DavidBelcher Posts: 2,684
    edited December 2011
    yeah! its not like he was saying that cyclist should be run down or piano wire stretched across the road to decapitate us!

he looked well sheepish at the end. i think even he'd realised he'd dropped a bollock.

Which he has done in the past, probably in one of those columns he spouts for some Murdoch rag or other ("Jeremy Clarkson with his outrageous politically incorrect opinions which he has for money", to quote Stewart Lee). The piano wire remark was made by Matthew "Tory Boy" Parris in a column in The Times (yet another Murdoch rag - hmm) IIRC.

David
  • MattC59
    MattC59 Posts: 5,408
    Clarkson has new "Powered Up" dvd out for Christmas.
    Dvd is aimed at 'Max Power' brigade.
    Max Power brigade aren't known for their intelligence.
    Stupid comments appeal to such types.
    'Negative' publicity from media becomes positive publicity when it comes to selling to this audience.
    Job done.

Why is everyone so upset ? It's a commment designed to attract attention from the desired audience, using a subject which is current and controversial, and will incite an emotional response. Put's him back in the public eye. Job done.

I doubt it will do him any harm what so ever, and it will no doubt add a few £££ to his bank balance. Not so stupid when you look at it like that.
    Science adjusts it’s beliefs based on what’s observed.
    Faith is the denial of observation so that Belief can be preserved
  • blade8
    blade8 Posts: 43
    Stupid comments appeal to such types
    so thats me then that type,,
    i cant love riding my bike , (bicycle)
    cause i like fast cars and bikes thats the motorised type,
    which by the way jc said a few years ago motorcyclists shoud be shot in the face
    there are just some in our society who go out of there way to be ofended,
  • MattC59
    blade8 wrote:
    Stupid comments appeal to such types
    so thats me then that type,,
    i cant love riding my bike , (bicycle)
    which by the way jc said a few years ago motorcyclists shoud be shot in the face
    there are just some in our society who go out of there way to be ofended,

I think there's a world of difference between those who like fast cars (myslef included) and those who like cars which look like the result of a ram raid at halfords.
  • GiantMike
    blade8 wrote:
    so thats me then that type,i cant love riding my bike
    there are just some in our society who go out of there way to be ofended

Sorry Blade, but that's a crap poem.
  • MattC59
    GiantMike wrote:
    blade8 wrote:
    so thats me then that type,i cant love riding my bike
    there are just some in our society who go out of there way to be ofended

Sorry Blade, but that's a crap poem.

:lol::lol::lol:
    I was thinking the same !! My first thought was it's a sh*t Haiku, too many syllables !!
  • johnfinch wrote:

Lenny Henry has never been funny, I've assiduously ignored him for thirty years but he's still lingering.

That's the problem, really. If you went out of your way to ignore Clarkson he wouldn't just go away, due to the extensive media over-exposure (Toss Gear/rubbish newspaper columns/rubbish paperbacks regurgitating aforementioned newspaper columns verbatim) and the huge number of people who for some reason don't think he's a talentless, tactless, narrow minded waste of space. Ignoring him's an admirable idea in principle but unlikely to have any effect. Shame, really. :(

David
  • GiantMike
    Ignoring him's an admirable idea in principle but unlikely to have any effect.

What if we killed him? Surely nobody could get prosecuted for that. You could easily argue he was 'asking for it' or that you hunted him down and bludgeoned him to death with a shovel 'in self defence' *.

*this is not evidence of conspiracy, just thinking out loud. I wouldn't actually kill him, but I'd hold him down while somebody else did.
  • GiantMike wrote:
    Ignoring him's an admirable idea in principle but unlikely to have any effect.

What if we killed him? Surely nobody could get prosecuted for that. You could easily argue he was 'asking for it' or that you hunted him down and bludgeoned him to death with a shovel 'in self defence' *.

*this is not evidence of conspiracy, just thinking out loud. I wouldn't actually kill him, but I'd hold him down while somebody else did.

You could always put the boot on the other foot and take out a superinjunction solely for the purpose of shutting him up. ;)

David