Christmas stocking

2»

Comments

• Yossie
    Yossie Posts: 2,600
    Scrumple wrote:
    Think he may mean (well, I'm in complete wonderment at...) the direction of this thread.

What could be a sensible present idea thread has turned into so pre pubescent ramblings and quite pathetic simpering...

Back to reality...

Simple things like De Feet Dura gloves, more Assos chamois cream, and DHB headband (sadly changed with a garish logo, but my old one is great and I can't find anything better as th gore ones have huge labels apparently).

Could do with some green swissstops, but I think the buyers may baulk at the price...

Simpering? Aw, shucks, well ............ <blush, coy smile, giggle>
  • And a massive bar of Toblerone.

If you really want to have a serious punt at making your self sick over Christmas, why not try the yard-long (yup folks, a whole yard's worth) box of Jaffa Cakes that the Co-Op are currently selling on special offer? ;)

David
    "It is not enough merely to win; others must lose." - Gore Vidal
  • andyrr
    andyrr Posts: 1,822
    Nothing really materially is needed if I'm honest - but can Santa bring a new job ? Would love an alternative to the current super-drudgery one.

Some nice coffee - green beans are good so I can have the pleasure of roasting these myself with the accompanying smell filling the garage.
    A couple of 10kg sacks of good stuff should suffice for a the year I reckon, quite like South American origin ones from HasBean.

Bike-related - Canyon CF frame (in Unibet colours - loved that), kitted out in SR11 / Boras or Lightweights would be nice.
    Got 2 of the Sufferfest videos so having the full set to choose from would be appreciated plus the motivation to train with them properly if possible.

Full-length Kuurne-Brussels-Kuurne race DVD from 2010 in the epicaly bad weather conditions. That should help with the motivation to get out and train when it's cold and wet outside.

Sufficient racking and storage so the assortment of boxes of stuff in my garage can be properly stored.
  • A Fuji D6 and DD. :D

(A Husky cross-bred with a Wolf would be nice too but I fear it would eat the other halves dogs...) :shock:
  • Some Zipp 404's would be nice..... Would be a fairly large stocking but well recieved none the less..
    Bikes: Giant carbon NRS, Kona Kula Primo, Cervelo RS, Specialized Transition, Kona Cinder Cone, Czar Long.
  • jimbo1484 wrote:
    Some Zipp 404's would be nice..... Would be a fairly large stocking but well recieved none the less..

Make sure nobody misreads your Christmas list, otherwise you may end up with 404 zips. You could always use 'em set up your own clothing repair business, I guess....

David
    "It is not enough merely to win; others must lose." - Gore Vidal
  • Victoria Pendleton please.....in stockings....then when the weather is bad i can ride her!

victoriapendleton11.jpg
  • McBain_v1
    McBain_v1 Posts: 5,237
    Coupla things I would really like for Christmas in connection with cycling:

1) my confidence back! After being knocked off my bike and having my collar bone shattered I am very nervous about riding now. The cack weather hasn't helped. I find myself making more and more excuses to ride on the turbo trainer and not in the real world;

2) assuming that (1) is delivered then a Garmin Edge 200 would be lovely - this would free me from the tyranny of having to remember to press 'start' and 'stop' buttons and would also allow me to indulge my inner Geek by uploading ride stats onto various computer programs;

3) some decent weather to make (1) and (2) really come together

4) total absence of colds, flu and other niggles that my little lad seems to bring home from school on a regular basis. I swear that some parents must send their kids to school even if they are at death's door;

5) some of the beautifully made, but utterly pointless, cycling jackets produced by Rapha - its £400 latest edition is a cracking example. If I had £400 spare I would probably upgrade something on my bike;

6) a sat-nav doodad for my car so I don't need to spend so much time on Google Maps (awesome as it is) working out how to get to the start of Sportives and rides

I'm not asking for much, but hopefully at least (1) will arrive by the New Year :)

What do I ride? Now that's an Enigma!
  • carl_p
    carl_p Posts: 989
    Titanium seatpost, carbon bars and Dura Ace groupset would be nice.

And some Aldi gloves.
    Specialized Venge S Works
    Cannondale Synapse
    Enigma Etape
    Genesis Flyer Single Speed

Turn the corner, rub my eyes and hope the world will last...
  • A Gravity assisted self powered M134 Dillon Pattern 7.62 mm Minigun for dealing with every shout of "YOU DON'T PAY ROAD TAX - GET OFF THE ROAD!"

That and a very large flamethrower too for similar purposes.

:twisted: :evil:
    "Commuterised" Specialized Rockhopper Disc 2004.
    FCN #7 - Skinny tyres and Cleats.
    1962 Rory O'Brien Roadie Lightweight. (but heavy by todays standards!)
    FCN #4
    2007 Specialized Roubaix Expert.
    FCN # 1/2 - Cobbly racing tyres and MTB cleats.
  • Jeff Jones
    Jeff Jones Posts: 1,865
    Thanks all for your input! Here it is in shiny technicolour: http://www.bikeradar.com/news/article/b ... list-32722 (erm, not all requests could be included)
    Jeff Jones

Product manager, Sports
  • BikeSwan
    BikeSwan Posts: 260
    Obviously the only thing I want is peace on earth, an end to poverty, a cure to cancer, etc. But I need transport to help people all over the world, so I think a Cervelo R5 w/ Campag Super Record would do nicely.
  • prawny
    prawny Posts: 5,440
    A new right hand 105 shifter in black and some hydrocolloid dressings.
    Saracen Tenet 3 - 2015 - Dead - Replaced with a Hack Frame
    Voodoo Bizango - 2014 - Dead - Hit by a car
    Vitus Sentier VRS - 2017
  • Thanks to BR including my wish in their article I just got an email from Audrey Tautou - she's 'well up for it' (her own words).

Come on Rapha, give us a ring!
  • MattC59
    MattC59 Posts: 5,408
    Jeff Jones wrote:
    Thanks all for your input! Here it is in shiny technicolour: http://www.bikeradar.com/news/article/b ... list-32722 (erm, not all requests could be included)

Whilst I understand that not all requests could be included, I think excluding Holly Willoughby from the list is a little much !!!!
    Science adjusts it’s beliefs based on what’s observed.
    Faith is the denial of observation so that Belief can be preserved
  • Yossie
    MattC59 wrote:
    Jeff Jones wrote:

Whilst I understand that not all requests could be included, I think excluding Holly Willoughby from the list is a little much !!!!

Holly who? At least Nina from Nina and the Neurons is a scientist as well as a looker.
  • MattC59
    MattC59 Posts: 5,408
    Yossie wrote:
    MattC59 wrote:
    Jeff Jones wrote:

Holly who? At least Nina from Nina and the Neurons is a scientist as well as a looker.

Proof that beauty is subjective :wink:

764219-Ninaandt-13071133194.49.jpg
    Science adjusts it’s beliefs based on what’s observed.
    Faith is the denial of observation so that Belief can be preserved
  • Yossie
    MattC59 wrote:
    Yossie wrote:
    MattC59 wrote:
    Jeff Jones wrote:

Ok, not the most falttering of pictures ever, but it does prove that the wonderful Nina is indeed a scientist.

Anyway, unlike Hilly Wolloughby, she is also unafflicted by the disease that is child birth, and therefore you can go round to her lab for a bit of slap and tickle without having to suffer interminable stories about sprogs, tripping over sprog tat and being woken up 984 times a time. .
  • Gazzetta67
    Gazzetta67 Posts: 1,890
    Yossie wrote:
    MattC59 wrote:
    Yossie wrote:
    MattC59 wrote:
    Jeff Jones wrote:

Ok, not the most falttering of pictures ever, but it does prove that the wonderful Nina is indeed a scientist.

Anyway, unlike Hilly Wolloughby, she is also unafflicted by the disease that is child birth, and therefore you can go round to her lab for a bit of slap and tickle without having to suffer interminable stories about sprogs, tripping over sprog tat and being woken up 984 times a time. .

Is there no end to Nina`s talents - She`s also been in a few episodes of "Taggart" as well as a Forensic Pathologist ....tho i dont know if she`s been "Muuuuuuuuuurdered off" yet :D