North East cyclists sought

cristoff
cristoff Posts: 229
I am working in Newcastle for the forseeable future, i have got my bike with me and want to hook up on some training rides/social rides during the week.

I finish work and get back around 3.00pm so am available any time after that. I am of a reasonable standard and should be able to fit in with most rides. I appreciate that night riding at this time of year is only for hardy individuals but its the only time i get to go now.

Please leave a message if you can accomodate me, i am thinking anywhere within 20 mile radius of NEwcastle.

many thanks,

chris

Comments

• AlainR
    AlainR Posts: 88
    Pop into ActivCycles in Corbridge - They organise regular group rides (and are a great shop too!)
  • cristoff
    its a bit of a way out to pop in but i can always give them a call i guess.

thanks for the tip.

:D
  • hugo15
    hugo15 Posts: 1,101
    Try Gosforth Road Club. I'm not a member but have heard good reports about them.

http://www.gosforthroadclub.com/
  • y33stu
    y33stu Posts: 376
    There are a couple of cylcing clubs in Newcastle. As Hugo15 pointed out, Gosforth is the biggest. There is also the Tyneside Vagabonds. They both do the same sort of routes. I'm not a member of either, but generally go out on saturday mornings and do 50-60 miles, starting from Ponteland. Welcome to join me if you like. Always up for a chat!
    Cycling prints
    Band of Climbers
  • cristoff
    thanks for the offer. I go home at weekends. Its midweek rides i am looking for.