Having issues with a big blue block on the right?

2»

Comments

• dilemna
    dilemna Posts: 2,187
    nicklouse wrote:
    VWsurfbum wrote:
    IE7
    Where is this compatability button then?
    ie8_compatibility.jpg

One click on this has worked for my view of the site which is now de-blocked on rhs of pages. Thanks.
    Life is like a roll of toilet paper; long and useful, but always ends at the wrong moment. Anon.
    Think how stupid the average person is.......
    half of them are even more stupid than you first thought.
  • kevess
    kevess Posts: 186
    Bingo, compatability button worked, thanks
  • I don't know about your change/release policy but if you place this in the header for the forum it will force browsers into compatibility mode.

<meta http-equiv="X-UA-Compatible" content="IE=EmulateIE7" />

Although I assume you already know that...

Tony
  • archieboy
    archieboy Posts: 1,298
    I have the big blue block, can only see left hand half of posts.Help please...
  • I'm having issues seeing pictures posted. The right hand side is cut off. I am using firefox.
  • leaflite
    leaflite Posts: 1,651
    I get the big blue box using ie9 and win7.
    I have safari too, in which the site displays perfectly, but it would be nice if all browsers displayed it correctly.

Edit: just discovered that if you visit the forum in ie9, turn the compatibility view thing on and then turn it off again it the blue box doesnt appear from then on.
  • rafletcher
    rafletcher Posts: 1,235
    dilemna wrote:
    nicklouse wrote:
    VWsurfbum wrote:
    IE7
    Where is this compatability button then?
    ie8_compatibility.jpg

One click on this has worked for my view of the site which is now de-blocked on rhs of pages. Thanks.

BUT it's only available in IE8 and 9

"Microsoft created the compatibility view for Internet Explorer 8 to give web designers time to convert their pages over from the non-standard techniques used in IE 7 and IE 6, to a more web standard compliant version. It tells the browser to render the page as if it were IE version 7 rather than IE version 8. "
  • This is BS..... I can't use this at work now....... any danger or a proper fix?
  • yakk
    yakk Posts: 589
    Crap blue box, can't read right side of posts. Any chance of this getting sorted??
    Yak
  • josnor
    josnor Posts: 207
    We have a fix coming today hopefully.
  • josnor
    This should now be fixed. Let us know if you're still having issues.
  • rafletcher
    Yes, still having issues. Forum Index page ok. Jump to this topic, initially mainly ok though stil a bit of a block at top right. Then when I try and click on the last page (to view the above post) odd things happen! Initially the list of posts is on one side of the page, but the "frame" for the posts is on the left. Then the top banner is in the centre, and all the forum posts are now where the blue block was on the right! Very strange.

Ok a bit of clrification: Forum index displays ok. Bikeradar Office index displays ok. Click on "discuss website.." the text is in the right place, the "frame" is displaced to the right. But if navigate away and back displays ok.
    Click on "having issues.." displays om for 2-3 seconds, then jumps to the right to where the block was. Navigate away and back, it's ok. Scroll down, and heh presto after 2-3 seconds jumps righht again. HTH!
  • Topaxci
    Topaxci Posts: 106
    Using IE7 here.
    The big blue block is gone - Yay

But now all the posts text jumps to the right once each screen loads up. So I now have 3/4 blank screen in the middle. I can scroll right to find the posts, so at least I can now read the forum.
    The main site headers and footer links remain over on the left of the screen where they should be.
    The text on the menu screen stays where is should but all the coloured framing jumps to the right (same as the posting text)

Heading the right direction though
  • josnor
    Ah, I think I know what that is. We fixed it for the homepage because we noticed it there, but we clearly need to go further with it!
  • Jay dubbleU
    Jay dubbleU Posts: 3,159
    Guys - thi big blue boxes have gone but now everything shifts to the right if I try to select it
  • sketchley
    sketchley Posts: 4,238
    Hi

Not a big problem, but Dolphin HD browser on Andriod (HTC Desire) blocks flash by default unless you click the green arrow to load, result it white square on top of post blocking first item in list. A mobile version without flash banner and adverts would be good.

Ta.
    --
    Chris

Genesis Equilibrium - FCN 3/4/5
  • josnor
    Sketchley wrote:
    Not a big problem, but Dolphin HD browser on Andriod (HTC Desire) blocks flash by default unless you click the green arrow to load, result it white square on top of post blocking first item in list.
    Does this happen on every page?
  • rafletcher
    I've no idea what my browser is on my phone, but mine displays ok on Nexus1 and Android.

Edit: http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology/20 ... obile-dead

Mobile Falsh won't be an issue "going forward" :)
  • sketchley
    sketchley Posts: 4,238
    josnor wrote:
    Sketchley wrote:
    Not a big problem, but Dolphin HD browser on Andriod (HTC Desire) blocks flash by default unless you click the green arrow to load, result it white square on top of post blocking first item in list.
    Does this happen on every page?

No not every one, looks like a flash advert for a bike light, rcp cycling or similar?

Flash ads are bad......... :0)
    --
    Chris

Genesis Equilibrium - FCN 3/4/5
  • josnor
    Sketchley wrote:
    No not every one, looks like a flash advert for a bike light, rcp cycling or similar?
    I think I know the one you mean. I believe it's only meant to show on the homepage as it fits perfectly over the carousel so I'll talk to our ads team.
  • rafletcher
    Any progress on the "stopping the forum jumping all over the place" bug? :-)
  • josnor
    rafletcher wrote:
    Any progress on the "stopping the forum jumping all over the place" bug? :-)
    We have a fix, we just need to deploy it. Hopefully it'll be within a couple of hours.
  • rafletcher
    Still jumping about for me....
  • josnor
    Sorry all, we keep noticing more things that trigger it. Rest assured that we're working on it!
  • josnor
    Right, hopefully we've fixed it for good this time! Let us know if you have any more problems.
  • rafletcher
    Looks good so far, thanks.
  • archieboy
    archieboy Posts: 1,298
    Yep, looks good, ta..