Urggghhhh...

Comments

• Pokerface
    Pokerface Posts: 7,960
    Just looked through some of the new features. It appears you can now block out posts from posters you don't like (Foes). This.... is a major plus!
  • Pokerface wrote:
    Just looked through some of the new features. It appears you can now block out posts from posters you don't like (Foes). This.... is a major plus!

Saw this too, what's this friend bit all about then?
    "That's it! You people have stood in my way long enough. I'm going to clown college! " - Homer
  • Pokerface
    Pokerface wrote:

Saw this too, what's this friend bit all about then?

"Friends enable you quick access to members you communicate with frequently. If the template has relevant support any posts made by a friend may be highlighted."
  • fish156
    fish156 Posts: 496
    I used to access BR by filtering out everything but new "Road" threads.
    http://www.bikeradar.com/forum/search.php?search_id=newposts&search_cat=4

With the move to SubForums I'm not sure if I can do this anymore. Any suggestions?

I can't see the wood for the trees!
  • josnor
    josnor Posts: 207
    fish156 wrote:
    With the move to SubForums I'm not sure if I can do this anymore. Any suggestions?
    Try
    http://www.bikeradar.com/forum/search.php?search_id=newposts&fid[]=40059

• MattC59
    MattC59 Posts: 5,408
    it's all very, how can I say....mongy.

oooh........... careful cleat, you'll upset some people :lol:
    Science adjusts it’s beliefs based on what’s observed.
    Faith is the denial of observation so that Belief can be preserved
  • MattC59
    joe2008 wrote:
    Just horrible. Didn't miss it. Won't be back. Bye.

At 43 posts in the past 3 1/2 years, I can't say we'll miss you either...... Bye.
    x
  • fish156
    fish156 Posts: 496
    josnor wrote:
    fish156 wrote:
    Try
    http://www.bikeradar.com/forum/search.php?search_id=newposts&fid[]=40059

Thanks Josnor. Exactly what I was after.
  • Have to agree so far ..... no likey
    However like others said it may well grow on me bait like the change from the old wiggle website to the new one
  • prawny
    prawny Posts: 5,440
    After an afternoon of training I'm getting used to it.

Check my mad skillz dedication. :D
    Saracen Tenet 3 - 2015 - Dead - Replaced with a Hack Frame
    Voodoo Bizango - 2014 - Dead - Hit by a car
    Vitus Sentier VRS - 2017
  • crumbschief
    crumbschief Posts: 3,399
    Less avatar space,more colour options and no mid thread ads please is my view.
  • jim453
    jim453 Posts: 1,360
    Agreed, this is intolerable, though depressingly, I'm sure we'll come to get used to it.

I've spent the last week playing eightball pool against Khazakstanis on a site called miniclip. The site is obviously designed with kids and morons in mind (please don't make the obvious joke) though is still more highbrow than what we've been left with.

Incidently the eightball pool game on there is brilliant. I have a fifty two percent win percentage and am a 'semi pro' after about 200 games. Get involved, it's a laugh.
  • Seem to remember that when you clicked on a link, it would open in a new tab, this version seems to open in the current tab :cry:

Can this be fixed?
  • anto164
    anto164 Posts: 3,500
    I also went UUUURRRRRGHGHGHHGHHHH when i clicked onto the forum.

Don't like the front page, but i can live with the thread style.

Ads mid topic are bloody annoying though.
  • Bobbinogs
    Bobbinogs Posts: 4,841
    Well, for all the changes (some good, some not so good) I have been forced to spend the last week looking at other forums and this one is still head and shoulders above the competition.

When it comes to ads, the BR team can do whatever pays the bills. I blinking hate half the ads on ITV4 but I am still happy that I get to watch the TDF.
  • what a retrograde step - lets have the old look back please - it was much better, visually and to get around
  • rozzer32
    rozzer32 Posts: 3,920
    Oh god! This is awful!!! What have you done guys?!?!?!? Please go back!!!!
    ***** Pro Tour Pundit Champion 2020, 2018, 2017 & 2011 *****
  • Ad*cough*block plus in Firefox and the adverts are gone...

I wondered what everyone was complaining about as I wasn't seeing any adverts... It's obviously doing a good job.
  • rajMAN
    rajMAN Posts: 429
    BR - the new style looks Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiite.
  • it still can't spell fuck
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
  • Pokerface
    Just posted in the BR web office - and the feedback from the bosses there was that some changes can and will be made to the layout and interface based on forum feedback.

Just do it nicely and you'll have a better chance of someone taking notice and doing something to fix/change it!
  • -spider-
    -spider- Posts: 2,548
    Pokerface wrote:
    Just posted in the BR web office - and the feedback from the bosses there was that some changes can and will be made to the layout and interface based on forum feedback.

Just do it nicely and you'll have a better chance of someone taking notice and doing something to fix/change it!

What, like ditching the ads in the middle of the threads? That would be really niceif you could do that Mr BR Office.

-Spider-
  • Pokerface
    -spider- wrote:
    Pokerface wrote:

What, like ditching the ads in the middle of the threads? That would be really niceif you could do that Mr BR Office.

I already mentioned that one. Several times!
  • -spider-
    -spider- Posts: 2,548
    Pokerface wrote:
    -spider- wrote:
    Pokerface wrote:

I already mentioned that one. Several times!

I was (hopefully) adding weight to your point. Sorry I stole your thunder.

-Spider-
  • Ginjafro
    Ginjafro Posts: 572
    Am I missing something? The "Forum" bit/tempter/teaser with the headings on the bottom left of the Home page, to grab your interest, has now gone. So instead of a funny/obscure/provocative/weird/igorant thread title to grab my attention, nothing, niet, nada! Instead, it seems I have to trawl a bland index to find my BR gold, what a load of Sh1t. Come on BR lets have the forum tempter/teaser back where it was.
    Giant XTC Pro-Carbon
    Cove Hustler
    Planet X Pro-Carbon
  • jim453
    jim453 Posts: 1,360
    Ginjafro wrote:
    Am I missing something? The "Forum" bit/tempter/teaser with the headings on the bottom left of the Home page, to grab your interest, has now gone. So instead of a funny/obscure/provocative/weird/igorant thread title to grab my attention, nothing, niet, nada! Instead, it seems I have to trawl a bland index to find my BR gold, what a load of Sh1t. Come on BR lets have the forum tempter/teaser back where it was.

I can hardly remember what the other forum looked like already. However, I'm pretty sure I've never used or seen the feature you described. And now I never will.
  • Ginjafro
    Ginjafro Posts: 572
    jim453 wrote:
    Ginjafro wrote:

I can hardly remember what the other forum looked like already. However, I'm pretty sure I've never used or seen the feature you described. And now I never will.

It sat beneath the "Bikes & Gear" and "Features" headings on the right hand side (sorry not left as I mistakenly previously stated). I have now discovered the "new post" bit in the index to help find new interesting stuff but I still prefer the old way. As for the new style/content/colours, they don't really offend or bother me in any way, I would just like to see the "Forum" heading reinstated on the home page.
    Giant XTC Pro-Carbon
    Cove Hustler
    Planet X Pro-Carbon
  • MattC59
    I'm on IE8 and don't have any issues. Other than those which everyone appears to be having.

Issues:
    Adds in middle of thread
    Links to other pages open in this page, rather than opening another.
    Forum header page, just looks poor.
    Small, pale blue font on a paler blue background (what were you thinking ?!?!?!)
    Pale blue background and very pale blue background to differentiate between posts on topics. Not ideal.
  • josnor
    josnor Posts: 207
    --Darren-- wrote:
    Seem to remember that when you clicked on a link, it would open in a new tab, this version seems to open in the current tab :cry:

Can this be fixed?
    Did you know you can open links in a new tab by middle-clicking on a three-button mouse?

I'm a bit loathe to implement opening links in new tabs/windows as it's generally considered bad usability/accessibility practice.