Dress Down Friday

2»

Comments

• NGale
    NGale Posts: 1,866
    jeans/combats/loose chinos plus t-shirt

though that is about to be replaced by full kilt regalia for trafalgar night celebratory dinner...

ahhh deep joy, having to get ready for traf night myself at the moment :shock:
    Officers don't run, it's undignified and panics the men
  • jeans and a shirt or polo shirt. work says no rugby tops or football tops.

usualy wear trousers shirt n tie with steeltoecap boots ( construction industry) so dress down is easy
    Veni Vidi cyclo I came I saw I cycled
    exercise.png
  • cjcp
    cjcp Posts: 13,345
    Clever Pun wrote:
    cjcp wrote:
    Only Friday is "dress down day" here.

Blue jeans, white t-shirt and Converse daps.

I'm definitely rockin' it.

daps? are you 50?

I was born 50. I'd wear a cardigan, but it didn't fit in the bag.
    FCN 2-4.

"What happens when the hammer goes down, kids?"
    "It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • Stone Glider
    Stone Glider Posts: 1,227
    Yeah! Battle of Trafalgar, 21st October 1805 (same year as Austerlitz). Also my mum's birthday :)
    The older I get the faster I was
  • CrackFox
    CrackFox Posts: 287
    sampras38 wrote:
    Chino's are a bit..Tim, nice but dim aren't they?

Wouldn't be seen dead in them.

This! And the same goes for polo shirts, jumpers draped over the shoulders and socks with sandals. Nobody looks good in that kind of attire. A good suit with a fitted, casual shirt (no button-down collars) is much better.
  • kurako
    kurako Posts: 1,098
    Judging by some posts on here I thought Dress Down Friday meant wearing Campag instead of Assos.
  • joelsim
    joelsim Posts: 7,552
    I think any company that you have to wear a suit etc for is just plain wrong. I wouldn't do it. It's sad and pathetic. Why on earth is it good to look generic?

Discuss.
  • MichaelW
    MichaelW Posts: 2,164
    They say "Dress for the job you want, not the job you have"
    I want to be Batman.
  • marchant
    marchant Posts: 362
    Working in a hospital, I do miss the dress down Friday thing, but the only time I've been jealous was when I popped into HR once, to find it was "bring your dog to work" day (allegedly). Wouldn't have worked out too well on the wards, I think :cry:
  • ..maybe they did not mean that sort of dog.
  • Mr Plum
    Mr Plum Posts: 1,097
    I don't work Fridays 8)
    FCN 2 to 8
  • meanredspider
    meanredspider Posts: 12,337
    Dress down Fridays are such a stupid idea. Fridays are the same as any other day. Short of wearing a uniform, I can't see why the dress code is important. It's a very old fashioned idea to my mind.
    ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH
  • First.Aspect
    First.Aspect Posts: 16,998
    Dress down Fridays are such a stupid idea. Fridays are the same as any other day. Short of wearing a uniform, I can't see why the dress code is important. It's a very old fashioned idea to my mind.
    Depends what line of work you are in I think. If the guy providing an expensive service, like a solicitor, rocks up in an I Heart NY t shirt, would you take them as seriously?

But I agree that dress down Fridays are just a bit too Dilbert.