Do you wear Pants!!!!!!

logitech208
logitech208 Posts: 167
edited October 2011 in Road beginners
Do people wear pants under there cycling shorts, I dont and my mates said this is very wrong. :oops:

Comments

• Bobbinogs
    Bobbinogs Posts: 4,841
    Your mates are right
  • godders1
    godders1 Posts: 750
    Hell no. I imagine it would get quite uncomfortable on longer rides and lead to all sorts of chafey badness.
  • carl_p
    carl_p Posts: 989
    Bobbinogs wrote:
    Your mates are right

Really?

Most don't. Having your a4se ripped to bits by a wedgy on a long run is not recommended.
    Specialized Venge S Works
    Cannondale Synapse
    Enigma Etape
    Genesis Flyer Single Speed

Turn the corner, rub my eyes and hope the world will last...
  • ride_whenever
    ride_whenever Posts: 13,279
    your mates are actually brilliant sadists...

It's a really bad idea. In fact i no longer wear pants ever.
  • Phil_D
    Phil_D Posts: 467
    are your mates cyclists?
  • Monkeypump
    Monkeypump Posts: 1,528
    Your mates are either winding you up or completely ignorant.

No pants under cycling shorts, ever.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,207
    Absolutely, definately not! If I want to look like a Japanese flag I'll get extra curry powder put in my vindaloo! :shock:
  • lostboysaint
    lostboysaint Posts: 4,250
    Monkeypump wrote:
    Your mates are either winding you up or completely ignorant.

No pants under cycling shorts, ever.

That
    Trail fun - Transition Bandit
    Road - Wilier Izoard Centaur/Cube Agree C62 Disc
    Allround - Cotic Solaris
  • Ginjafro
    Ginjafro Posts: 572
    211128_185648308169260_5640294_n.jpg

Ignore your mates, there is only one way to wear your underpants and that's on the outside!
    Giant XTC Pro-Carbon
    Cove Hustler
    Planet X Pro-Carbon
  • My mate wears pants under his top-end De Marchi shorts. He knows it's wrong but he's a stubborn baxtard and refuses to go 'au naturel' - even in the height of summer :shock: He says it gives him extra padding. He's a loon.
  • Ginjafro wrote:
    211128_185648308169260_5640294_n.jpg

Ignore your mates, there is only one way to wear your underpants and that's on the outside!

Love it :D
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    No pants.

Shorts are super comfy without them, and unless you have mega comfy, ultra slidey pants on, they're only gonna encourage chafage.
  • Pokerface
    Pokerface Posts: 7,960
    Cycling shorts are designed to be worn au natural. SImple as.
  • Cool they had me thinking I was some sort of dirty boy for not wearing pants, I did the first few rides but they ride up and cause much discomfort to the point I had to stop behind a bush and take them off.

I will also show this post to the wife later as she thinks its very odd not wearing pants under my shorts thanks people. :D
  • CiB
    CiB Posts: 6,098
    Been said before, but it's like wearing pants under your speedos to go swimming. No. Just no.

And why do some people 'think' you should but do that thinking without considering what shorts are for and why they're designed the way they are.
  • when im TT`ing i dont i find my boxers get incredibly sweaty LOL.
    any other ride i tend to as they give me "extra padding" if you will
    best bike: raleigh avanti U6 carbon comp
    10m tt pb:23:42.
    25m tt pb: 1h 2min( only done 2)
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,207
    masterchef wrote:
    when im TT`ing i dont i find my boxers get incredibly sweaty LOL.

Seriously? :shock:

The chamois / pad is there to make you comfortable so why put something between that and your skin which is going to move around and rub you?
  • Pross wrote:
    masterchef wrote:
    when im TT`ing i dont i find my boxers get incredibly sweaty LOL.

Seriously? :shock:

The chamois / pad is there to make you comfortable so why put something between that and your skin which is going to move around and rub you?
    not sure tbh, never really tried riding "normally" without tbh, il try it next time i go out.
    best bike: raleigh avanti U6 carbon comp
    10m tt pb:23:42.
    25m tt pb: 1h 2min( only done 2)
  • Peddle Up!
    Peddle Up! Posts: 2,040
    Do people wear pants under there cycling shorts :oops:

Nah! :)
    Purveyor of "up" :)
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,662
    masterchef wrote:
    not sure tbh, never really tried riding "normally" without tbh, il try it next time i go out.

You ll never go back! I only know one person that does and she's a girl and embarrased by such stuff - everytime I try explaining that bike shorts are supposed to be worn au naturel I get called a perv so I ve given up....
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • Peddle Up!
    Peddle Up! Posts: 2,040
    ddraver wrote:
    masterchef wrote:

You ll never go back! I only know one person that does and she's a girl and embarrased by such stuff - everytime I try explaining that bike shorts are supposed to be worn au naturel I get called a perv so I ve given up....

Is that her in your avatar pic? Mmmmmm... :wink:
    Purveyor of "up" :)
  • bails87
    bails87 Posts: 12,998
    ddraver wrote:
    masterchef wrote:

Obvious answer: steal all her underwear :wink:

It's for her own good.......officer.
    MTB/CX

"As I said last time, it won't happen again."
  • Gizmodo
    Gizmodo Posts: 1,928
    I went on a management course once - how to ask someone a question when you it's a bit embarrassing and you don't want them to go berserk. So the female instructor leaves the room and we get to choose what the male instructor has to ask her - "What colour pants are you wearing?" was our choice.

After 15 minutes going round the houses without asking her directly he gave up - she wasn't wearing any! :o
  • t.m.h.n.e.t
    t.m.h.n.e.t Posts: 2,265
    It's not the done thing,runners can get away with it though but they don't have padding :O
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,662
    Peddle Up! wrote:
    ddraver wrote:
    masterchef wrote:

Is that her in your avatar pic? Mmmmmm... :wink:

Nah, that's me :wink:

(VickyP actually)
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • wardieboy
    wardieboy Posts: 230
    I have always worn boxers underneath and never had a problem with chaffing. I'm still not ready to cross that shaven legs, au naturel barrier, still seems a bit faggy to me :lol:
  • Mybe it's a North/South thing then, more soft southerners using "Underpants" with cycling shorts :lol:
    Thank god I am a northerner :P
  • Au natural all the way now, done the boxers underneath and now wouldn't even think of it. To be honest as a scotsman I'm kinda used to the no pants thang anyway....
  • the_Spooks wrote:
    Au natural all the way now, done the boxers underneath and now wouldn't even think of it. To be honest as a scotsman I'm kinda used to the no pants thang anyway....

Fur coat and nae knickers :lol:

• Fur coat and nae knickers :lol:

Just how I like it :lol: