Best and worst piece of kit you've ever owned?

13»

Comments

• jayson wrote:
    Dr Sludge self sealing tubes, the best and worst thing i own for my bike.

The best in that when they work they really do work and you wont get any punctures at all.

The worst in that its the second time ive had it happen to a brand new tube where i install it ok and ride it with no problems then for no apparent reason at all it will pop and shred the tube making it completely irrepairable

I love and loathe these tubes in equal measure.
    To have something that performs better, just get a good standard inner tube and put in some Stans tubeless sealant yourself. :wink:
  • Best Mavic 121 Ceramics built onto XTR M900 Hubs they lasted me through my 95 M-Trax Ti 4000 sl and my first Chameleon in 99. Never skipped a beat!!

Worst my Crank Brothers Power Pump, the gauge is crap the action is crap and it takes ages to ump anything up!!!
  • jayson
    jayson Posts: 4,606
    jayson wrote:

The best in that when they work they really do work and you wont get any punctures at all.

The worst in that its the second time ive had it happen to a brand new tube where i install it ok and ride it with no problems then for no apparent reason at all it will pop and shred the tube making it completely irrepairable

To have something that performs better, just get a good standard inner tube and put in some Stans tubeless sealant yourself. :wink:

I did actually toy with that very idea but ive used dr sludge tubes before and i was lookin for an easy straight forward solution that didnt involve removing valves and messy liquids.
  • jayson wrote:
    jayson wrote:

I did actually toy with that very idea but ive used dr sludge tubes before and i was lookin for an easy straight forward solution that didnt involve removing valves and messy liquids.
    It's only a 2 minute job :roll:
  • jayson
    jayson Posts: 4,606
    jayson wrote:
    jayson wrote:

It's only a 2 minute job :roll:

What can i say im a creature of habit/lazy bone idle etc etc so went for the simple solution that actually has turned out to be a royal pain in the ass and far from simple!!!
  • Best = Oakley Jawbones with prescription lenses. Completely transformed my vision whilst riding (quite important)

Worst = Schwalbe racing ralphs/rocket rons - dry weather tyres only (so not much use in UK)
    Orange Five AM
    Cube AMS 100
    GT Avalanche Expert
  • wheezee
    wheezee Posts: 461
    Loads of bests.

Worst by a country mile were my Time clipless pedals. Would not let go of my feet under any circumstances. :x
  • bartimaeus
    bartimaeus Posts: 1,812
    Best:
    Anthem = fun
    Endura Hummvees = very comfy
    AM41s + Sealskinz + MG1a = warm and secure feet when winter riding
    Dealextreme = affordable night riding
    iGotu + WheresThePath = so you can find the good bits again

Worst:
    Several rubbish pumps - till I discovered MiniMorph
    Vitus Sentier VR+ (2018) GT Grade AL 105 (2016)
    Giant Anthem X4 (2010) GT Avalanche 1.0 (2010)
    Kingley Vale and QECP Trail Collective - QECP Trail Building
  • ashleymp777
    ashleymp777 Posts: 1,212
    Best
    Yeti ASR5C frame
    XTR groupset
    Chris King hubs. b/bracket, headset
    Sidi shoes

Worst
    Rockshox SID forks
    DT Swiss rims
    Fox gloves and shorts
  • GSP1984
    GSP1984 Posts: 79
    Best - Camelbak H.A.W.G NV, hold plenty of stuff and 3 ltrs of water and you can barely tell it's there. The NV non sweaty back device does not work though.

Worst - Muckoff WET lube, it's horrible messy stuff and the nib broke off the second time I unscrewed the cap.
  • Best = Qranc DH gloves - ten years and still going! (although looks like the cuff might go any day now)

Worst = Shimano Press fit BB - less than a year out of a stock piece of kit is rubbish
    About 50/50 MTB/Road love;

GT Timberline (2000)
    Lapierre Zesty 214 (2010)
    Cube Attempt (2010)
    Harry Hall single speed conversion (197/8?)