2»

Comments

• Pokerface
    Pokerface Posts: 7,960
    Garz wrote:
    Ahh the donning of the rainbow jersey Colin! congrats

Thanks a bunch :oops:
  • Bobbinogs wrote:
    Oh, and vorsprung posted a useful guide some time ago: Climbing (in metres)/Distance (in km). Anything getting near to/above 20 is going to be hard work, climbing wise.

Suggest that '20' is reduced to '15' for those on a fixed-wheel or single-speed.

I recently did a 55 mile ride on a 65" fixed-wheel that worked out as a '15' as calculated by the formula above. I've also done a 47 mile ride on a 61" single-speed that worked out as a '17.7'. Both of those rides were hard work to say the least!
  • oceheb
    oceheb Posts: 124
    Im beginner, few month on roadbike. btw, this is Leed-Knaresborough commute route

Count:,2 Activities
    Distance:,59.69 km
    Time:,2:57:47 h:m:s
    Elevation Gain:,687 m (2253 ft)
    Avg Speed:,20.1 km/h
    Avg HR:,123 bpm
    Calories:,"1,198 C"

99479783.jpg
  • sagalout
    sagalout Posts: 338
    Living in north Yorkshire, I'd also agree with 800-1000ft per 10 miles as hilly. That's not to say half that can't be a bloody good workout though - it's all down to how hard you ride!
  • straas
    straas Posts: 338
    Went out again today from Leeds to Harrogate and back, around 2000feet in 32 miles in just over 2 hours.

Only struggled at one point today, but to be fair my front wheel was lifting with every pedal stroke, apparently a cat 3 climb.

No offence taken at posts saying it was an average ride, as I was after a bit of honesty being new to hills and all.

Starting to enjoy the hills now, plenty more training methinks though !
    FCN: 6
  • inseine
    inseine Posts: 5,788
    I think you underestimate your ride meanredspider. You climb to 400 then 750 but the total climbing is loads more than 1150 ft. It's certainly a tough ride.