And suddenly it all makes sense....

13»

Comments

• White lycra is the way forward due to visibility. People can (*ahem*) see you better in them...

especially with a moniker like your's I guess :shock:

Ewwww ;-) welcome to all of the converts to commuting, even when you hate it you still love it. Can be cold, can be (rarely) dangerous, will wind you up when you puncture on a PB ride or when you've got to be in work for 7am but its better than commuting with a motor.
  • meanredspider
    meanredspider Posts: 12,337
    I actually met someone in the village today who has started doing almost the exact commute that I do. I think commuting by bike is getting far more popular up here.
    ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH
  • Torvid
    Torvid Posts: 449
    I actually met someone in the village today who has started doing almost the exact commute that I do. I think commuting by bike is getting far more popular up here.

You need to get him on strava and then crush him :)
    Commuter: Forme Vision Red/Black FCN 4
    Weekender: White/Black - Cube Agree GTC pro FCN 3
  • rubertoe
    rubertoe Posts: 3,994
    I love commuting by bike.

I had to get the tube in today as its my last day of working (new job starts on monday commute going from 18 mile round trip to 30 mile RT :D) and i absolutly hated the tube and i dont even go through the busy parts.

Hopefull being hammered on the way home tonight will make me feel slightly less gruby and a quick spin out tomorrow makes up for todays lost miles and will help with the hangover.
    "If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

PX Kaffenback 2 = Work Horse
    B-Twin Alur 700 = Sundays and Hills
  • meanredspider
    meanredspider Posts: 12,337
    Torvid wrote:

You need to get him on strava and then crush him :)

:D :twisted: :D :twisted: :D

I've actually made a tactical error. The only person up here I've told about Strava weighs 70kg ON his bike - a bike that happens to be an SSL-framed Madone (£££££). I'll be fine just so long as all the segments are downhill....
    ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH