iOS 5

2»

Comments

• Did the iPhone 4 last night, and it feels slower... Nervous about doing the iPad now.
  • Done both our iPhones and my iPad and after a few glitches loving it, seems a bit better/faster on my iPhone 3GS than iOS 4 was but it maybe placebo effect. Overall a worthwhile upgrade considering it was free.
    Loving iCloud, adjust one item and other is effected...never miss an appointment again ....yeh right!
  • turnerjohn
    turnerjohn Posts: 1,069
    well I got 9mins left on the install front ....hope the phone do fook :shock:
  • what a load of work for minimal gains

had to uninstall itunes, download and install the latest version, then download the updated firmware, then restore everything back to my phone. still missing loads of mp3s

only for it to feel exactly the same afterwards.
    Crafted in Italy apparantly
  • napoleond
    napoleond Posts: 5,992
    Downloaded, works fine, battery life seems better...
    Insta: ATEnduranceCoaching
    ABCC Cycling Coach
  • Smokin Joe
    Smokin Joe Posts: 2,706
    Is there anyone else who doesn't understand a fecking word on this thread?
  • actually iv noticed one usefull improvement, when texting u can move the keypad down out of the way to make it easier to read old messages mid text. genius afterall lol
    Crafted in Italy apparantly
  • meanredspider
    meanredspider Posts: 12,337
    iPad 2 done no issue. Just doing phone now
    ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH
  • napoleond
    Yay!!

Best thing about iOS 5 is I can write bloody hell without it wanting to change it to bloody he'll :)
    ABCC Cycling Coach
  • bompington
    bompington Posts: 7,674
    NapoleonD wrote:
    Best thing about iOS 5 is I can write bloody hell without it wanting to change it to bloody he'll :)
    Wow the wonders of modern technology! This changes everything indeed!
  • gilesjuk
    gilesjuk Posts: 340
    djbarren wrote:
    I am on my 8th attempt at downloading the software, at this stage the phone is close to being thrown in the lake beside the house :evil:

Moving to android as soon as the nexus prime is released.

Download the ROM and then restore it manually.

As for Android, go for it. You'll find the grass isn't always greener. If you like millions of buttons and poor usability then you'll love it.

Not to mention owning an ugly phone and getting treated like a 2nd class citizen by the maker of the phone.

The problem with iOS5 updates is due to everyone downloading at the same time. Having enough capacity is always going to be difficult.
  • bompington
    gilesjuk wrote:
    As for Android, go for it. You'll find the grass isn't always greener. If you like millions of buttons and poor usability then you'll love it.
    Right enough, my galaxy has 3 buttons, that's millions isn't it? As for poor usability, it does everything I want, when I want. Not sure how it could get less poor.

As for second class citizens, I'd rather be a free second class citizen than a prisoner in the oh-so-lovely Apple walled garden :wink:
  • napoleond
    Can you write bloody hell on an Android phone though? I bet you can't.
    ABCC Cycling Coach
  • rabk
    rabk Posts: 182
    Updated my 3GS last night

What a fankle though, took ages, had to leave it running overnight, got up this morning and the phone had been completely wiped

Fortunately I had synced it before updating so then had to reinstall everything from scratch (another 1 hour and 15 minutes)

Running fine now and nothing lost - phew

one or 2 useful new features

Next time, I'll wait a few days before updating :wink:
  • bompington
    NapoleonD wrote:
    Can you write bloody hell on an Android phone though? I bet you can't.
    Write it? I can swype it!

NB NapoleonD swypes as Noland :wink:
  • napoleond
    Finally finished reading the iOS5 terms and conditions, and it's asking me to update to iOS 10!
    ABCC Cycling Coach
  • keef66
    keef66 Posts: 13,123
    NapoleonD wrote:
    Finally finished reading the iOS5 terms and conditions, and it's asking me to update to iOS 10!

Hat!
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,084
    WTF is this bumping old threads into BB trend?

Ayup NapD, long time no see.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • You need to read them t&c in case apple want to come and sew your mouth to someone's ass.