Paris - Tours Coverage

2»

Comments

• jerry3571
    jerry3571 Posts: 1,532
    So the "Race of the Falling Leaves" is now "race of the slightly yellow and not quite falling leaves".
    Blimey! Whatever next!!

-Jerry
    “Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance you must keep moving”- Albert Einstein

"You can't ride the Tour de France on mineral water."
    -Jacques Anquetil
  • jerry3571 wrote:
    So the "Race of the Falling Leaves" is now "race of the slightly yellow and not quite falling leaves".
    Blimey! Whatever next!!

-Jerry
    A tour de france with only one stage in the alps?
  • moray_gub
    moray_gub Posts: 3,328
    jerry3571 wrote:
    Not happy about non european sucking the life out the european races. Top riders heading to smog laden China for a poodle about and leaving the big classic races without the big names. The US races are in the same boat for me. They got no history just money to lure the Teams in. Tosh!! :evil:

-Jerry

There were a few big names in Paris -Tours no ?
    Gasping - but somehow still alive !
  • jerry3571
    Moray Gub wrote:
    jerry3571 wrote:
    Not happy about non european sucking the life out the european races. Top riders heading to smog laden China for a poodle about and leaving the big classic races without the big names. The US races are in the same boat for me. They got no history just money to lure the Teams in. Tosh!! :evil:

-Jerry

There were a few big names in Paris -Tours no ?

Yes, a few but Mr Cav was without a few extra watts of power as Tony Martin got his leader's red jersey with the rest of the Team in China. There were about 10-20 other well known names who were in China too. Must admit the conditions of the race in France contributed to the result but the watering down of these old time events is not good in my eyes.
    “Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance you must keep moving”- Albert Einstein

-Jacques Anquetil
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    Do you think the race would've been different with Tony Martin there? Cavendish didn't seem to give a monkeys about the race.

Paris - Tours is just as much of a poo race as the Tour of Beijing, it's just been around longer so it's dried out and doesn't smell as bad.
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • iainf72 wrote:
    Do you think the race would've been different with Tony Martin there? Cavendish didn't seem to give a monkeys about the race.

Paris - Tours is just as much of a poo race as the Tour of Beijing, it's just been around longer so it's dried out and doesn't smell as bad.

Something tells me that Iain didn't see this edition..................................
    .............not sure what 115 year old poo smells like, either.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • jerry3571
    115 years of history; even though it's as boring as pig sh1t; it's still got history.
    I must admit to only seeing the last 7 km so only heard about the conditions from an interview Mr cav.
    115 years of history... hmmmm... that's a long time yuo know!

-Jacques Anquetil
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 14,558
    iainf72 wrote:

Your opinion doesn't count on this topic Iain, as you're allergic to sprinters and Paris-Tours is renowned as a sprinters classic... :wink:
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • inkyfingers
    inkyfingers Posts: 4,400
    iainf72 wrote:

I have to disagree, certainly this year. There was more attacking riding in the last couple of hours of Paris-Tours than there was in the whole of The Tour of Beijing. It just shows that even a race with a pretty dull parcours can see some good racing if the riders are interested and have a shot at winning.
    "I have a lovely photo of a Camargue horse but will not post it now" (Frenchfighter - July 2013)