Weekend Plans?

mudcow007
mudcow007 Posts: 3,861
edited October 2011 in Commuting chat
anyone doing anything?

im finishing off my fence, then i've got to creocote/ creosote it

an on Saturday we maybe getting an addition to the mudcow household....a blue Merle border collie

tonight i will be indulging my self in lots n lots of cider. they do say apple is good for you so technically cider is one of your 5 a day!
Keeping it classy since '83

Comments

• mudcow007 wrote:
    they do say apple is good for you

Tell that to Steve Jobs. :cry:
    Nobody told me we had a communication problem
  • Ah : I shall mostly be cycling over to Slimbridge for my breakfast on Sunday morning with a pal. He's heading up to Worcester and I'll hang a right and potter home via Dursley and Cirencester I expect.

Nice gentle 110 .....
    Specialized Roubaix Pro SL : Litespeed Titanium Siena : Specialized Allez : Specialized Tri Cross :
    Specialized Rockhopper
  • CiB
    CiB Posts: 6,098
    mudcow007 wrote:
    they do say apple is good for you

Tell that to Steve Jobs. :cry:
    Has anyone tried switching him off & back on again? What? What d'ya mean bad taste...

Weekend: Boys' football to be at, localish road event to do on Sunday, some red to imbibe. Not necessarily in that order.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,773
    I'll be fortifying my garage Saturday. Sunday will involve freeing the brakes off on my granny's old car so I can push it out of her garage to take pictures for Ebay. 1 lady owner 1966 Triumph Herald convertible anyone?
  • Rich158
    Rich158 Posts: 2,348
    Watching the rugby and then a bit of MTB fun tomorrow. Sunday will be spent working, still the cycle in to the office will count as additional base miles, kind of
    pain is temporary, the glory of beating your mates to the top of the hill lasts forever.....................

Revised FCN - 2
  • Downside: have to go to work tomorrow, so am going to miss the club ride :(

Upside: work is in Lyon for a week :D

Irritating side: not going to have time out to ride up a big hill. :?
  • I need to spend most of Saturday going through my storage unit, moving hundreds of boxes until I work out where the horrid smell is coming from (dead mouse?) and then move it all back again. I predict much muttering of "why do I own so much crap?".

Still, at least I'll have no need to go to the gym afterwards.

BTW can anyone recommend good mouse poison in case it is mice? I am not going back every day to empty traps and don't want all my books & photo albums etc to get munched.
  • the_fuggler
    the_fuggler Posts: 1,228
    Transitioning Captain Chaos from his cot to his bed. I foresee a weekend of little sleep...

Then getting all upset when Hartlepool lose on Sky. Again.
    FCN 3 / 4
  • il_principe
    il_principe Posts: 9,155
    I need to spend most of Saturday going through my storage unit, moving hundreds of boxes until I work out where the horrid smell is coming from (dead mouse?) and then move it all back again. I predict much muttering of "why do I own so much crap?".

BTW can anyone recommend good mouse poison in case it is mice? I am not going back every day to empty traps and don't want all my books & photo albums etc to get munched.

Just lock a cat in the storage unit, leave a generous amount of water and leave for 3 or 4 days.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,773
    I have a couple of cats you can have. Don't tell the rest of the family though.
  • I need to spend most of Saturday going through my storage unit, moving hundreds of boxes until I work out where the horrid smell is coming from (dead mouse?) and then move it all back again. I predict much muttering of "why do I own so much crap?".

Just lock a cat in the storage unit, leave a generous amount of water and leave for 3 or 4 days.

The boyf has a cat who is on a diet (at 7.1kgs I bloody hope so) so would no doubt love the chance of chasing some rodents. BUT he is also a big wuss and would probably just wail in the corner about his impending demise. Useless animal.

But now that you mention it, I do have a friend with a jack russell who I'm certain would be up to the challenge.
  • tgotb
    tgotb Posts: 4,714
    Home alone with TGOTB junior all weekend. Taking her to Hillingdon Slipstreamers on Saturday, following which she'll probably sleep all afternoon. Maybe the zoo on Sunday...
    Pannier, 120rpm.
  • SimonAH
    SimonAH Posts: 3,730
    I need to spend most of Saturday going through my storage unit, moving hundreds of boxes until I work out where the horrid smell is coming from (dead mouse?) and then move it all back again. I predict much muttering of "why do I own so much crap?".

DDD with night vision and a toasting fork! Two men enter, one man leaves! :D
    FCN 5 belt driven fixie for city bits
    CAADX 105 beastie for bumpy bits
    Litespeed L3 for Strava bits

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.
  • ketsbaia
    ketsbaia Posts: 1,718
    Couple of ales tonight, watch rugby tomorrow morning, DJing in Shoreditch Saturday night, resting Sunday.
  • gbsahne001
    gbsahne001 Posts: 1,973
    adding a new bike to the collection, although not for me; 7yo is upgrading from 20" to 24" wheels, I only hope she can fit on the thing or else all hells going to break loose
  • dhope
    dhope Posts: 6,699

I've been led to believe that dead mice don't need poisoning
    Rose Xeon CW Disc
    CAAD12 Disc
    Condor Tempo
  • dhope wrote:

I've been led to believe that dead mice don't need poisoning

Chuckles. Good point. Well made. But if there are deaders, there are possibly live ones who are just hiding. Erring on side of caution as don't want to have to move all the boxes twice!
  • FoldingJoe
    FoldingJoe Posts: 1,327
    Watch the Rugby tomorrow morning with the kids whilst the Mrs has a lie in.

Swimming Sunday morning with kids, then maybe a round of golf in the afternoon.
    Little boy to Obama: "My Dad says that you read all our emails"
    Obama to little boy: "He's not your real Dad"

Kona Honky Tonk for sale: http://www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=40090&t=13000807
  • Agent57
    Agent57 Posts: 2,300
    I'm off to Manchester for the PHPNW conference. Yes, I'm a geek. Still, it will involve cycling - to and from the station.
    MTB commuter / 531c commuter / CR1 Team 2009 / RockHopper Pro Disc / 10 mile PB: 25:52 (Jun 2014)
  • DrLex
    DrLex Posts: 2,142
    No rugby, but watching Somerset C.C.C. play in the Nokia t20 semi-final. If the last two year's performance in competitions are a guide, they'll win and then choke in the final...

<singing>Somerset La-la-la! Somerset La-la-la! Oooo-arrrrrrr!</singing>
  • Gussio
    Gussio Posts: 2,452
    Herne Hill Velodrome tomorrow morning, for novice induction session. First time on a track and am most excited.
  • If I can get out of bed in time a plod around Richmond park then about lunch time off to work for 24hrs.
  • Gussio
    Gussio Posts: 2,452
    Working on the Sabbeth? Forsooth! What is the world coming to!
  • NGale
    NGale Posts: 1,866
    Saturday: marshalling on the Commando Challenge in Devon
    Sunday: Senior Assistant Referee on a women's premier league match
    Officers don't run, it's undignified and panics the men
  • 61Sigs
    61Sigs Posts: 71
    Take cats to cattery Saturday am, pm up on the Wilts downs for a spin.

Sunday I have to drive to Devon as I'm on a course for a week, be awfully rude not to go a day early and to take my bike!
    Epic FSR for the real stuff
    Hardrock Sport utility bike
    Boardman CX Team
  • Babysitting tonight as the War Office has a Cabinet meeting (can I class it as babysitting if they are my own?), Rugby tomorrow with Ham and Eggs special for brekkie, grouting the patio after that, laying some cobbles, B&Q returns, sourcing 3 tonnes of top soil at some point, repairing a leaky shower and wondering how I can get round ironing some work shirts! Its all planned out for me!
    Rose Pro DX Cross 3000
    GT Edge Ti
    Ribble Audax
  • meanredspider
    meanredspider Posts: 12,337
    Watching rugby and F1 quali Sat am. Load the race car and drive to Knockhill Sat pm.

Sun first thing watch GP. Then off to the track for the last two Classics races of the year then back up the road.

Need to set up Charlie's new turbo so he can start exercising his leg too.
    ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH
  • msmancunia
    msmancunia Posts: 1,415
    Washing, ironing, baking, going to see The Wombats cos my colleague is going out with the bassist, drinking foine woine, recovering from previous, and watching Downton Abbey. Total Bridget Jones lifestyle right there.
    Commute: Chadderton - Sportcity
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,064
    NGale wrote:
    Saturday: marshalling on the Commando Challenge in Devon
    Sunday: Senior Assistant Referee on a women's premier league match

Ah i saw the sign for the challenge as we came down yesterday, i'm spending this long weekend doing the following ..

Fri: ride 170 miles from Windshire to Boscastle, eat pasties and drink champange
    Sat: Visit Tintagel castle, eat pasties, drink doombar & champange
    Sun: Cycle across to the Eden project, run the marathon and celebrate my 40th birthday then eat fish n chips at Rick Steins washed down with vintage (like me) champange.
    Mon: relax with familiy and friends at our huge rented house in Boscastle drive home via Cheddar and drink cider.

Pretty busy weekend i'm sure you'll agree
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • SimonAH
    SimonAH Posts: 3,730
    By now you should be reasonably Doombarred, but should you spot this in time then Happy Birthday and happy 40 vieux legume.
    FCN 5 belt driven fixie for city bits
    CAADX 105 beastie for bumpy bits
    Litespeed L3 for Strava bits

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.