Winter is Definitely Coming

2»

Comments

• cjcp
    cjcp Posts: 13,345
    @MRS - got any pictures? (You know the rules, young man.)
    FCN 2-4.

"What happens when the hammer goes down, kids?"
    "It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • meanredspider
    meanredspider Posts: 12,337
    cjcp wrote:

Of the wind? :?

See here

http://www.wunderground.com/weatherstat ... 1&month=10
    ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH
  • cjcp
    cjcp wrote:

Of the wind? :?

See here

http://www.wunderground.com/weatherstat ... 1&month=10

The snow! :lol:
    FCN 2-4.

"It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • meanredspider
    Ah - it's still dark - but if I remember, I'll take a pic as I head out this morning. Won't be able to post it until I'm home tonight though.

It's very quaint - it's amused me every year since we've been here "Och - there's snow on the Benn" is on everyone's lips.
    ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH
  • meanredspider
    It's a balmy 8c here this morning and, with the wind from the NW unusually, I actually have a tailwind in. No rain either. Summer's returned :wink:
  • Initialised
    Initialised Posts: 3,047
    Hard work getting home tonight - strong wind right on the bow
    Same here, 25mph + gusts straight in the face, thankfully the sun was in my eyes so I couldn't see the horizontal rain.
    I used to just ride my bike to work but now I find myself going out looking for bigger and bigger hills.
  • cjcp
    Ah - it's still dark - but if I remember, I'll take a pic as I head out this morning. Won't be able to post it until I'm home tonight though.

It's very quaint - it's amused me every year since we've been here "Och - there's snow on the Benn" is on everyone's lips.

Cool.

Chilly here this morning. But nice and toasty in the Gore.
    FCN 2-4.

"It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • meanredspider
    cjcp wrote:

Cool.

Unfortunately The Ben was covered in cloud this morning so no pic and I can even be sure if the snow is still there. I'll take a pic next time I can see snow though.

Back to shorts and mitts this morning though a LS top. Wind gave a little bit of assistance but not a lot. It rained too.
  • cjcp wrote:

Cool.

My left big toe was mildy chilly this morning but otherwise ss jersey+short bibs+mitts = fresh monkey!
    Le Cannon [98 Cannondale M400] [FCN: 8]
    The Mad Monkey [2013 Hoy 003] [FCN: 4]
  • cjcp
    cjcp wrote:

Cool.

My left big toe was mildy chilly this morning but otherwise ss jersey+short bibs+mitts = fresh monkey!

Silly Monkey.
    FCN 2-4.

"It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • cambs
    cambs Posts: 235
    Though it was cold enough for knee warmers and jacket this morning.

No it wasn't. Stripped them off after 5mi.

I need to compile a temp versus clothing table and keep a closer eye on the forecast.
  • Wrath Rob
    Wrath Rob Posts: 2,918
    3/4s and long sleved top this morning. My knees thanked me for it. Hate to say it but shorts are probably not going to be back until spring :(

Next it will be full finger gloves...
    FCN3: Titanium Qoroz.
  • sketchley
    sketchley Posts: 4,238
    Tights, base layers and long sleeve top this morning. As last night I got very cold. I didn't over heat but probably because I wasn't going anywhere near flat out. Friday legs = lazy ride.
    --
    Chris

Genesis Equilibrium - FCN 3/4/5
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    Still wearing the usual long sleeve top but tending to use leg warmers in the morning.

Last night was horrendous though. Back late from a meeting in Peterborough so a dark ride back. I'd missed the first rain but the gusty headwind was horrible. And just as I was thinking at least it wasn't raining, it started lashing down so hard that I couldn't see where I was going. I ended up having to shorten the route a little as it was just too nasty. Luckily it wasn't actually that cold.
    Faster than a tent.......
  • rubertoe
    rubertoe Posts: 3,994
    3/4 for me today. L/S base layer and Gillet. still a bit chilly but would have been too hot with the jacket.

need some warmer tights though as the crown jewels didnt like it! and i thought the wind was ment to die down! - it didnt.
    "If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

PX Kaffenback 2 = Work Horse
    B-Twin Alur 700 = Sundays and Hills