Cyclist Kicks Angler Into Canal

2»

Comments

• zanes
    zanes Posts: 563
    TuckerUK wrote:
    In general , the reason why so many waterways have been cleaned up and returned to their natural glory is mainly due to the pressure from anglers and the revenue they can bring in.

:lol:
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    beverick wrote:
    More recently, the growth of leisure craft has introduced a new hazard to the inattentive rider. Faced with the lack of mooring points, some vessels are attached to ground spikes or even trees. I've seen a number of ropes stretched across the towpath recently. One at head height amongst folage.

Just take a small saw with you.........
    Faster than a tent.......
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    TuckerUK wrote:
    [In general , the reason why so many waterways have been cleaned up and returned to their natural glory is mainly due to the pressure from anglers and the revenue they can bring in.

= funniest post of the week :lol:
    Faster than a tent.......
  • Had this had happened to an older person they could have had a heart attack.

Not sure if he is talking about pushing an angler into the water or shoving a pole in front of a cyclist.
  • Ginjafro
    Ginjafro Posts: 572
    Watch those poles, they could have your eye out!
    Giant XTC Pro-Carbon
    Cove Hustler
    Planet X Pro-Carbon
  • naffa
    naffa Posts: 126
    I'm an Angler, Cyclist and Walker, the order generally depends on the time of year but, the poles around my way are emptying the canals. As are the Armenians, Czechs and Romanians. :D

On a more serious note though while cycling last Tuesday I ended up in the canal and there wasn't an angler (or anyone else for that matter), in sight. :oops:

Ended up not just totally submersed but very wet and smelly, oh, also got a badly swollen knee and busted rib/s for my trouble. :cry:

Wouldn't have got that by fishing considerately :D
    Cheers Nathan.
  • Ben6899 wrote:
    MichaelW wrote:
    Fishermen!! If you want fish that badly, go to Morrisons like normal people !!!. Poncing around in thigh-high rubber wellies, I bet their all perverts.

Though I bet they know the difference between "their", "they're" and "there".

http://nikonites.com/attachments/off-to ... g-nazi.jpg
  • Ben6899
    Ben6899 Posts: 9,686
    Wow. Only 2 pages. Well done, Kev. Though it would have more impact, if you had used the wrap.  Yes, I'm an html Nazi as well.
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/143173475@N05/
  • cookdn
    cookdn Posts: 410
    bompington wrote:
    I was a paddler long before I was a pedaller so I wholeheartedly approve of this kind of thing :wink:

+1, bloody fisherman :wink:
    Boardman CX Team
  • prawny
    prawny Posts: 5,440
    cookdn wrote:
    bompington wrote:
    I was a paddler long before I was a pedaller so I wholeheartedly approve of this kind of thing :wink:

+1, bloody fisherman :wink:

+2 although most of the fisherman where I used to train were ok. They used to get a bit pissed off during thursday night timetrials but the regulars were used to it and pretty polite. We were on the same stretch 6-7 nights a week so if people turned up and didn't like it they just went somewhere else, it's not like there's a shortage of canals in the midlands.
    Saracen Tenet 3 - 2015 - Dead - Replaced with a Hack Frame
    Voodoo Bizango - 2014 - Dead - Hit by a car
    Vitus Sentier VRS - 2017
  • Ben6899 wrote:
    Wow. Only 2 pages. Well done, Kev. Though it would have more impact, if you had used the wrap.  Yes, I'm an html Nazi as well.

yer point caller?

(try doing any html codes when using this phone, nightmare)