KHS XCT-556 ---- Jan 2013 Pg. 5

124»

Comments

• sanchez89
    sanchez89 Posts: 567
    maxspeed76 wrote:
    Where have the SPD's gone buddy have you reverted back to flat's?

due to the shitty weather we were having i had gone to flats for then.

iv been back on the spd's over the past 3 weeks to try and get confident on them, but i just cant seem to get 'into' them. never feel as good as flats, and riding in slippy slidey tight muddy singletrack was a joke.

my shoes arent brilliant so that may not be helping, but i no flats are a pretty safe bet, and they will be defo going on for the Garvity Enduro in the next few weeks.
    2011 KHS Full Susser Carbon 29er Race Build
    Clank wrote:
    M'eh, I might just go back to zapping it with frikken lay-zur beeeems. And sharks.
  • sanchez89
    haven't updated this in a while, and quite a bit has happened since July aswell.

After a seatpost out too far incident i ended up snapping the top of the seat tube off, that had to be re-welded back on but it was pretty out of shape so its quite hard to slide a seat post up and down now. good job iv got a dropper post then!

KS Lev really is a game changer, no more getting off and dropping post for descents or trying to climb in a less than ideal position. I think everyone should have 1.

Gone is the Schwalbe rubber, which were pants, and on with some Black Chili Conti's. Rubber Queen on the front and an X King on the back. loads more grips in virtually every condition iv ridden in. (virtually everything expect snow)

also when i serviced the Rev i managed to rip one of the foam rings so had to replace them and while i was at it i took out the air piston to see if there was an all-travel spacer present. and there was!

so now im running at 150mm on the front. looks a bit slacker and from the little pedal round i had it feels different too.

as im currently building the 29er this bike will now become my 'gravity assited' bike, so the 50mm stem will go back on and it will be used for some DH and maybe a few enduro's again this year.

will put some pics up soon to show the bike as it stands now.
    Clank wrote:
    M'eh, I might just go back to zapping it with frikken lay-zur beeeems. And sharks.
  • sanchez89
    Ok just been out and got a few pics before it gets really dark.

P1000758_zpse7ef0280.jpg

P1000761_zps69f90abe.jpg

P1000749_zps688d7cc8.jpg

P1000747_zps206b1f12.jpg

P1000746_zpsfe61c837.jpg

as you can see the Lev remote fits in nicely as it replaces one of the inner ODI lock on collars. working superbly so far, it has seen its fair share of mud and grit and nothing has given it a problem yet.

the forks probably don't look massively different on the picture but stood next to it you can see how much bigger they look.
    Clank wrote: