OT Now she's innocent is Amanda less sexy?

2»

Comments

• joelsim
    joelsim Posts: 7,552
    This is a pretty sick thread.

But I bet she'd look good bent over a workbench. 8)
  • bails87
    bails87 Posts: 12,998
    bails87 wrote:
    Also, her boyfriend was also found not guilty. Haven't heard much about him.

He is definitely less sexy now.
    Who are you? His cellmate?!
    MTB/CX

"As I said last time, it won't happen again."
  • rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 29,377
    Just spotted that SimonAH has blatantly nicked the idea for this thread from The Wright Stuff.

Busted.
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition
  • First.Aspect
    First.Aspect Posts: 16,998
    MarcBC wrote:
    Surely she has just been found not guilty by a court of law due to some unsafe evidence. It is not the same as saying she is innocent.
    No, I think you'll find that that is exactly what it means. Its really the whole point of a legal system. Or would you prefer that she be drowned, to demonstrate that she's not a which (surviving of course demonstrating whichcraft)?

The Italian prosecutors' next theory is that everyone in Perugia was involved. Literally everyone. Life is not a long enough sentence. Perugia must be wiped from the past as well. There is DNA evidence of everyone in Perugia having been in Perugia at some point.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 61,124
    Well now she's innocent she is a lot more available - bit difficult to pull a girl when she's in prison. And she'll be pretty enthusiastic as she hasn't been laid in 4 years :P
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,683
    edited October 2011
    DP, sorry
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,683
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Well now she's innocent she is a lot more available - bit difficult to pull a girl when she's in prison. And she'll be pretty enthusiastic as she hasn't been laid in 4 years :P

Could that bring out the stabbyness in her though...? Maybe I ll let you go first....

(I'm going to hell :cry: )
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • Stevo_666
    ddraver wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Could that bring out the stabbyness in her though...? Maybe I ll let you go first....

(I'm going to hell :cry: )
    No problem: I'll be doing the stabbling, but not with a knife :D
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • MarcBC
    MarcBC Posts: 333
    MarcBC wrote:
    Surely she has just been found not guilty by a court of law due to some unsafe evidence. It is not the same as saying she is innocent.
    No, I think you'll find that that is exactly what it means. Its really the whole point of a legal system. Or would you prefer that she be drowned, to demonstrate that she's not a which (surviving of course demonstrating whichcraft)?

The Italian prosecutors' next theory is that everyone in Perugia was involved. Literally everyone. Life is not a long enough sentence. Perugia must be wiped from the past as well. There is DNA evidence of everyone in Perugia having been in Perugia at some point.

You have completely missed my point Perhaps I should have said "not the same as confirming without doubt she did not commit the crime"
  • She looked like Ozzy Osborne on the front page of the Metro this morning.
  • First.Aspect
    First.Aspect Posts: 16,998
    MarcBC wrote:
    MarcBC wrote:

You have completely missed my point Perhaps I should have said "not the same as confirming without doubt she did not commit the crime"
    I can't prove beyond doubt that Elvis isn't alive and well and working as a fitness instructor in Reno.

I got it the first time, but please feel free to say it yet another way.
  • MarcBC
    MarcBC Posts: 333
    MarcBC wrote:
    MarcBC wrote:

I can't prove beyond doubt that Elvis isn't alive and well and working as a fitness instructor in Reno.

I got it the first time, but please feel free to say it yet another way.

No need for me to explain it another way, I now know I got my point across.
  • sketchley
    sketchley Posts: 4,238
    "Why would a Wookiee, an 8-foot-tall Wookiee, want to live on Endor, with a bunch of 2-foot-tall Ewoks? That does not make sense! But more important, you have to ask yourself: What does this have to do with this case? Nothing. Ladies and gentlemen, it has nothing to do with this case! It does not make sense! Look at me. I'm a lawyer defending a major record company, and I'm talkin' about Chewbacca! Does that make sense? Ladies and gentlemen, I am not making any sense! None of this makes sense! And so you have to remember, when you're in that jury room deliberatin' and conjugatin' the Emancipation Proclamation, does it make sense? No! Ladies and gentlemen of this supposed jury, it does not make sense! If Chewbacca lives on Endor, you must acquit! The defense rests"
    --
    Chris

Genesis Equilibrium - FCN 3/4/5
  • joelsim
    Sketchley wrote:
    "Why would a Wookiee, an 8-foot-tall Wookiee, want to live on Endor, with a bunch of 2-foot-tall Ewoks? That does not make sense! But more important, you have to ask yourself: What does this have to do with this case? Nothing. Ladies and gentlemen, it has nothing to do with this case! It does not make sense! Look at me. I'm a lawyer defending a major record company, and I'm talkin' about Chewbacca! Does that make sense? Ladies and gentlemen, I am not making any sense! None of this makes sense! And so you have to remember, when you're in that jury room deliberatin' and conjugatin' the Emancipation Proclamation, does it make sense? No! Ladies and gentlemen of this supposed jury, it does not make sense! If Chewbacca lives on Endor, you must acquit! The defense rests"

Can I have some of what you've been taking?
  • Wrath Rob
    Wrath Rob Posts: 2,918
    Too much South Park, in Sketchley's case.
    FCN3: Titanium Qoroz.
  • sketchley
    sketchley Posts: 4,238
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Xywqv1cDH8

and

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chewbacca_defense

It popped in to my head with the "not the same as confirming without doubt she did not commit the crime" comment.
    --
    Chris

Genesis Equilibrium - FCN 3/4/5
  • joelsim
    I would have thought you were a bit old for South Park?

Since I turned 40, I have started watching Gardeners World, Antiques Roadshow and liking bikes.
  • notsoblue
    notsoblue Posts: 5,756
    Joelsim wrote:
    I would have thought you were a bit old for South Park?

WTF? Too *old* for Southpark? Its top notch satire, its not a kids show.
  • joelsim
    It's pretty banal...

but then I find most of what's on TV pretty dire, especially American 'comedy'.
  • notsoblue
    notsoblue Posts: 5,756
    Joelsim wrote:
    It's pretty banal...

Whats your poison then, squire?
  • joelsim
    notsoblue wrote:
    Joelsim wrote:
    It's pretty banal...

Whats your poison then, squire?

Sadly, not much these days on TV. Would rather listen to music. Although I am quite keen on 'How it's made'
  • Stevo_666
    I've grown into South Park (regression?)
  • SimonAH
    SimonAH Posts: 3,730
    Oi RJSTerry! I do not pinch threads without tipping a hat to the source, and I regret to inform you that I and the ex footballist's writing team have merely been the victim of convergent evolution.

Anyway, poor taste or not it's got you talking :D
    FCN 5 belt driven fixie for city bits
    CAADX 105 beastie for bumpy bits
    Litespeed L3 for Strava bits

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.
  • il_principe
    il_principe Posts: 9,155
    I'm sorry, was she sexy in the first place? I guess if you have a fetish for weepy yanks...
  • joelsim
    Yes. Until she speaks.
  • bails87
    bails87 Posts: 12,998
    I wouldn't try anything. I heard her boyfriend did time for murder.....

I've just read an interesting explanation of the series of events that lead to the appeal. If it's to be believed, it sounds fairly shambolic on the part of the Italian authorities to be honest.
    MTB/CX

"As I said last time, it won't happen again."
  • rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 29,377
    SimonAH wrote:
    Oi RJSTerry! I do not pinch threads without tipping a hat to the source, and I regret to inform you that I and the ex footballist's writing team have merely been the victim of convergent evolution.

Anyway, poor taste or not it's got you talking :D

You want to admit 'converging' with him!? I'd have thought nicking his idea was the lesser offence :P :wink:

On a more serious note, it is disturbing how much the actual victim and her family (and the one person who has been successfully convicted) have become almost a side show to the obsession with some vaguely pretty American student. The Italian justice system seems to be as dysfunctional as its political system.

EDIT: Just seen that Matthew Wright has issued an on-air apology for 'that' item http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2011/oct/05/matthew-wright-amanda-knox
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition