Post your bar tape!

2»

Comments

• notsoblue
    notsoblue Posts: 5,756
    Libraio wrote:
    On the District Fizik Microtex in black. On the Kona Fizik Microtex soft touch stuff, in black. Prefer the suede feel of the soft touch tape but the District spends the day outside (in the rain) at work five days a week and wasn't sure the st tape could handle that.

@Notsoblue: Cheapskate, but you pay for someone to wrap your bars? :?: It's easy, you can even 'practise' with the backing tape stil on there. Do remember that Fizik includes a piece to cover the STI bracket thingy so you don't have to cut a piece from the roll. It's inside the roll of tape. Forget this and you come up short :oops:

You're right...I need to man up and wrap my own bars. To hell with it, I'm buying a roll tomorrow and will make it work. Will post the results here when I'm done, and let you know how much Pearson charged to make right. ;)
  • cookdn
    cookdn Posts: 410
    I did wonder about this myself. There are some useful videos on YouTube, these are quite informative:
      Arts Cyclery | How to wrap your bars part 1
      Arts Cyclery | How to wrap your bars part 2
      Best regards
      Boardman CX Team
    • Unbranded black cork-gell wrapped middle-to-end on my Viking Windsor has done nearly 3 years of daily use in all weathers, is still tight and is only showing signs of wear where I've bashed it into the road over the last couple of winters.
      FCN = 8/9 Black Tourer
    • The white stuff that came on the bike, getting greyer with every ride. a cheapy btwin sport 1 I've put back into service recently having lost my CX to son1