Heatwave

13»

Comments

• meanredspider
    meanredspider Posts: 12,337
    I was trying a sub70% HR ride yesterday and I still caught a guy on a full roadie - mind you, he was in a LS jersey, LL tights and a Buff FFS! Perhaps he was from Marocco or somewhere!
    ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH
  • Paul E
    Paul E Posts: 2,052
    I saw loads last night with full on jackets on etc, madness, I couldnt wear anything less without being arrested
  • NGale
    NGale Posts: 1,866
    well I have returned from my weekend away in Wales with what can only b e described as a 'squaddie' tan In other words a tanned face stopping at the mid point of my forehead where the beret starts and sunburn arms and white everywhere else!

Putting it bluntly I spent the weekend sweating worse than a Marine in a spelling test :lol:
    Officers don't run, it's undignified and panics the men
  • Jay dubbleU
    Jay dubbleU Posts: 3,159
    Great day out yesterday - little surreal riding through fallen leaves in 25 degrees. Climbing better now I've lost some weight 8)
  • I'm very jealous. Just starting week 5 of stuck at home waiting for my collar bone to heal after falling off in the wet. My bike is already away for the winter I think by the time I'm healed enough to get back on it. I'm climbing the walls here, apparently even riding my daughter's tiny Islabike is not allowed!

Have fun out there while it's sunny.
  • gonna get cold by end of the week, bliss!
    Le Cannon [98 Cannondale M400] [FCN: 8]
    The Mad Monkey [2013 Hoy 003] [FCN: 4]
  • Torvid
    Torvid Posts: 449
    edited October 2011
    gonna get cold by end of the week, bliss!

can't wait, it was nice to get a couple of long runs in at the weekend but enough, i want to stick on the cold weather gear and go back to the using the "these are base miles so i'm not trying" excuse.
    Commuter: Forme Vision Red/Black FCN 4
    Weekender: White/Black - Cube Agree GTC pro FCN 3
  • rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 29,377
    gonna get cold by end of the week, bliss!

This. Bring on the frost.
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition
  • asprilla
    asprilla Posts: 8,440
    How can it be cooler outside than it is in my goddamned office!

This is rhetorical, i know the answer, but it still sucks
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Race - Fuji Norcom Straight
    Sun - Cervelo R3
    Winter / Commute - Dolan ADX
  • joelsim
    joelsim Posts: 7,552
    There was a bloke cycling through RP yesterday wearing full on baggy trousers and a frickin coat!

Needless to say he was travelling at about 7mph.
  • rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 29,377
    '60s office block with massive single-glazed windows facing south and a 27" iMac on every desk belting out 365W each. It is always cooler outside.
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition
  • Squarepants
    Squarepants Posts: 1,019
    Just been for a run during my lunch hour. Got back and realised the works shower is out of order. I'm going to have a pleasent afternoon..
    Cube Hanzz Pro FR
    It's not that I'm over over biked, my bike is under personed...
  • suzyb
    suzyb Posts: 3,449
    Joelsim wrote:
    There was a bloke cycling through RP yesterday wearing full on baggy trousers and a frickin coat!

Needless to say he was travelling at about 7mph.
    I cycled behind a guy on Friday wearing tights and a long sleeved jersey. Don't know how he did it, I was melting in the 23c heat with shorts and a short sleeve top on.
    rjsterry wrote:
    '60s office block with massive single-glazed windows facing south and a 27" iMac on every desk belting out 365W each. It is always cooler outside.
    Can I come work there. It always seems to be warmer outside than it is in our office :(
  • Paul E
    Paul E Posts: 2,052
    I generate a lot of heat so this weather is really holding me back, day off the bike tomorrow anyway so hopefully by wednesday it will be beack to being crisp and a lot fresher
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,064
    Boo just got home and it's been raining here :x
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.