Comments

• mouth
    mouth Posts: 1,195
    Mouth wrote:
    Kieran_Burns

In a round about kinda way, yes.

http://youtu.be/WtQC0M05Cv8?hd=1

:evil:

Not my bus company I know which company this belongs to, but am unwilling to say which it is publicly. This particular service is operated under a contract agreement with the Council by said bus company. The worst thing about this is that there is no reason I can see for the bus to overtake and come back into the lane so quickly. Should've hung back. I'd expect to get sacked for that.

Having said that, said company have a driver working for them who my company sacked for running over an old lady My lot provided CCTV and witness details etc. How he still has a license I don't know. There are also issues with their vehicle licensing and maintenance/repair. Got offered a job there recently. Laughed openly in the transport managers face.

t4tomo, the situation from the OP is a little different from that of clairep, whereby sufferingpete may have had a chance of gleaning quite a bit of information during his incident.
    The only disability in life is a poor attitude.
  • t4tomo
    t4tomo Posts: 2,643
    Mouth wrote:
    t4tomo, the situation from the OP is a little different from that of clairep, whereby sufferingpete may have had a chance of gleaning quite a bit of information during his incident.

Thanks for pointing that out, I genuinely hadn't realised that and feel enriched for knowing.
    :roll:
    Bianchi Infinito CV
    Bianchi Via Nirone 7 Ultegra
    Brompton S Type
    Carrera Vengeance Ultimate Ltd
    Gary Fisher Aquila '98
    Front half of a Viking Saratoga Tandem
  • mouth
    mouth Posts: 1,195
    t4tomo wrote:
    Mouth wrote:

Thanks for pointing that out, I genuinely hadn't realised that and feel enriched for knowing.
    :roll:

Good. If you don't like the thread, don't read it.
    The only disability in life is a poor attitude.
  • Lowride
    Lowride Posts: 214
    About six years back one of the lads I ride with was knocked off his bike by a bendi-bus. I`m not sure exactly what happened, I think he kept over taking the bus when it pulled in then the bus would eventually go past him and then took him out. There may have been some words exchanged beforehand..

He got quite badly injured, he still goes to physio now and has a metal plate in one of his arms. He got a pay-out in compensation, he won`t say how much but I think it was at least a few grand.

I work for a large courier company, as a cyclist myself I always give other riders loads of room when overtaking. I know that my company would follow up any complaint made to them about our driving, they would probably just want our side of what happened though. If it was an actual accident when somebody got knocked off and injured then it would be alot more serious and we would most probably be uspended until it was sorted out. The bus company may or may not take it as seriously. I`m glad you did what you did as the bus driver is clearly an idiot who thinks he can bully cyclists. I often see buses try and just pull out into the flow of traffic, because their indicating they think they can just pull out. I never let them out