Your favourite radio station

DonDaddyD
DonDaddyD Posts: 12,689
edited September 2011 in Commuting chat
When driving what is your favourite radio station?

Mine is LBC.

I think I'm getting old... :cry:
Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game

Comments

• davis
    davis Posts: 2,506
    Radio Paradise (recorded), Spotify, iPod on random.

Sometimes Radio 4, or a bit of Radio 3, with a quick dive into Radio 2 when the traffic's announced.

I generally hate radio (presenters). Radio 4 is pretty good (minus the plays/the Archers), Radio 3 is actually great, Radio 2 is awful, but I need the traffic info.
    Sometimes parts break. Sometimes you crash. Sometimes it’s your fault.
  • FoldingJoe
    FoldingJoe Posts: 1,327
    Depends, either Radio 1 when I drive to Exeter on a Tuesday morning, or Radio 4 when I drive back on a Thursday evening.
    Little boy to Obama: "My Dad says that you read all our emails"
    Obama to little boy: "He's not your real Dad"

Kona Honky Tonk for sale: http://www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=40090&t=13000807
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    Gaydar's alright for cooking if you want some kitchen raving, though my girlfriend is less keen...

I'd listen to 6 music during the weekday if I could.

5 live's had some good highbrow programmes on football which were great.

I still have a soft spot for Pete Tong on radio 1, and some of their In new DJs We Trust on Thursday is quite good.
  • lastant
    lastant Posts: 526
    edited September 2011
    6music is probably my first choice. If I'm not listening to that it's one of Absolute Radio 90s, Kiss or Magic. You can't whack Magic!

Talk-wise it's got to be Five Live, TalkSport just winds me up with its constant adverts.

Quite like picking up one of the stand-up comedy radio stations online too.

EDIT: Oh, 'when driving'? I don't drive in London.
    One Man and LEJOG : End-to-End on Two Wheels in Two Weeks (Buy the book; or Kindle it!)
  • mudcow007
    mudcow007 Posts: 3,861
    Radio 2 at the moment....I loved it with Russell Brand

i hate Vanessa Feltz though

am i too young to listen to Radio 2? (im 28)
    Keeping it classy since '83
  • BBC Radio London with Robert Elms followed by Danny Baker.
  • Shaun Keaveny on 6 Music at breakfast.

My dad came down last week to help decorate and insisted on Smooth FM. I actually really like it. The adverts are annoying but the music is good for some old soul and pop classics.

Chris Moyles is a massive unfunny wanker for the record.
  • asprilla
    asprilla Posts: 8,440
    BBC Radios 5 and 4.
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Race - Fuji Norcom Straight
    Sun - Cervelo R3
    Winter / Commute - Dolan ADX
  • Koncordski
    Koncordski Posts: 1,009
    Radio 6 for Shaun Keaveny breakfast show.

Then XFM rest of the day.

#1 Brompton S2L Raw Lacquer, Leather Mudflaps
    #2 Boeris Italia race steel
    #3 Scott CR1 SL
    #4 Trek 1.1 commuter
    #5 Peugeot Grand Tourer (Tandem)
  • DrLex
    DrLex Posts: 2,142
    Whichever one has Radcliffe & Maconie, Adam & Joe or Jo Wiley.
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    5 Live, no ads or cr4p music.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • joelsim
    joelsim Posts: 7,552
    Moyles or Evans for breakfast

Vernon Kaye on a Saturday morning

Talksport in the evening drivetime

5 Live or Talksport for live matches

Magic on a Sunday!
  • LBC for me too I'm afraid. :oops:
  • bam49
    bam49 Posts: 159
    LBC or BBC London if I'm in the car in traffic ( usually on the bike though )..
    at home either of the above two or Resonance FM 104.4 and on the internet, BBC World Service on dab
    and Chill & various other internet down tempo sort of stations.. The Rehab on Sunday morning on Kiss is good as well..
  • bigmat
    bigmat Posts: 5,134
    Used to be XFM but too many adverts and too playlist dominated, so prefer 6 music for music these days. Radio 5 for non-music, wife likes LBC in the evening which can be quite funny at times.

In the car there's limited choice as no digital radio so tends to be Radio 5 or XFM, I feel like crying when I leave London and lose XFM5 reception as if Radio 5 no good (wife hates sport stuff) we really struggle - have been known to resort to Radio 2 as Radio 1 just seems appalling these days (could be I'm getting old...)
  • I default to Radio 1 in the moenings as the choice at that time is dismal, and then I like Scott Mills again on Radio1 on the return journey!
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,773
    Depends on the time. BBC London for Elms or Danny Baker, Radio 4 Toaday in the morning. 6 Music has some fabulous stuff on it but I can't listen to it in the car, and I'm not keen on Shaun Keaveny. Used to have Phil Jupitus doing the breakfast, made me get a digital radio. Then he stopped, the barsteward.
  • Torvid
    Torvid Posts: 449
    kerrang radio think it's only a none digital signal here in the midlands though.
    Commuter: Forme Vision Red/Black FCN 4
    Weekender: White/Black - Cube Agree GTC pro FCN 3
  • Radio 2

Evans in the morning, Mayo at drivetime. The different shows which starts just after Mayo at 7pm are usually pretty good too.

Radio 5 for sport and Mayo/Kermode film reviews

Radio 4 if theres anything happening in the world
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • Ian Lee used to do a stint on LBC in the evenings a few years ago, he would get people phoning in with random comments and making strange noises down the phone, very weird but funny.
    Fat lads take longer to stop.
  • PBo
    PBo Posts: 2,493
    6 music mostly, but still like the odd R1 programme - scott mills in particular..

Shaun Keaveney's "middle aged shout outs" is cracking me up at the mo.
  • Merseyland Alternative Radio....it's proper pirate la.
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
  • jamesco
    jamesco Posts: 687
    davis wrote:
    Radio Paradise
    +1

Damn good radio station and it streams fine over a decent 3G connection (although that's listening while walking - we don't have a car :)).
  • Radio 4 in the car.

6 music at home - Sunday's Huey Morgan show is excellent whilst cooking dinner and having a couple of beers. Radcliffe & Maconie also excellent, although I am partial to a bit of Bob Harris on Radio 2, especially his country music show.
    Ecrasez l’infame
  • MrChuck
    MrChuck Posts: 1,663
    Planet Rock- dad rock at it's finest 8)
    Also Radio Paradise for working.
  • Clever Pun
    Clever Pun Posts: 6,778
    I barely listen to the radio at all. Only really ever Planet Rock
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Very Hairy Roadie - FCN 4
    Fixed Pista- FCN 5
    Beared Bromptonite - FCN 14