Am I the first on here this year

2»

Comments

• Ron Stuart
    Ron Stuart Posts: 1,242
    Ron Stuart wrote:
    Fantastic sunny and warm day here today, well done with this thread Frank, it's sods law that there would be good weather as soon as you posted it :lol:

Where is here :?:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/weather/forecast/24

Better weather than anything we had in July and August :?

Yep, mentioned it in an earlier post.

Better than Norfolk for cyling here but not as warm.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/weather/forecast/22?

“Into my heart on air that kills
    From yon far country blows
    What are those blue remembered hills
    What spires, what farms are those?

That is the land of lost content
    I see it shining plain
    The happy highways where I went
    And cannot come again”
    A.E. Housman “A Shropshire Lad”
    8)
  • Gizmodo
    Gizmodo Posts: 1,928
    kettrinboy wrote:
    Ron Stuart wrote:
    fish156 wrote:
    I'm in complete denial about the diminishing daylight hours, approaching bad weather, salted roads and the need for a winter hack.

I might even ride the race bike (including Zipps) to work tomorrow for the first time this year :D

Yep Zip Ties can be useful, I used one once when a front mech cable broke :shock:
    I think he meant his Zipp wheels :wink:

I thought he meant Zip Ties for his trouser legs cause he has no bike clips! Doh!
  • Gizmodo
    Did I just hear right - BBC lunch time weather forecast said possible 27 degrees next week!
  • fish156
    fish156 Posts: 496
    Ron Stuart wrote:
    kettrinboy wrote:
    Ron Stuart wrote:
    fish156 wrote:
    I'm in complete denial about the diminishing daylight hours, approaching bad weather, salted roads and the need for a winter hack.

I might even ride the race bike (including Zipps) to work tomorrow for the first time this year :D

Yep Zip Ties can be useful, I used one once when a front mech cable broke :shock:
    I think he meant his Zipp wheels :wink:

Yah spoilt it now :roll:

Great ride home from work. Nice bike, nice wheels, shorts, t-shirt, shades, light tailwind. Winter's not here yet. Heck the race season's not yet complete.

P.S. Ron, the bike does have one or two zip-ties in addition to Zipp wheels.
  • Well I've only just built the best bike today, so it certainly won't be getting packed away yet
  • OK this is nuts, the forecast for Norwich on thursday is 28deg. wtf! Booking a day off work is now under serious consideration.
  • Fantastic sunny and warm day here today, well done with this thread Frank, it's sods law that there would be good weather as soon as you posted it :lol:

If only I really was so inffluential. :)
    Tail end Charlie

The above post may contain traces of sarcasm or/and bullsh*t.
  • prawny
    prawny Posts: 5,440
    My best bike should be delivered tomorrow, so I'll definitely be having a ride or two on that before it gets too rough. I've had to sell the old bike to fund the new one, but luckily a kindly forumite has lent me his old one for the winter! Yay!
    Saracen Tenet 3 - 2015 - Dead - Replaced with a Hack Frame
    Voodoo Bizango - 2014 - Dead - Hit by a car
    Vitus Sentier VRS - 2017
  • Gizmodo
    prawny wrote:
    My best bike should be delivered tomorrow, so I'll definitely be having a ride or two on that before it gets too rough. I've had to sell the old bike to fund the new one, but luckily a kindly forumite has lent me his old one for the winter! Yay!
    his OLD ONE! It's only 7 weeks old you ....... ! :lol:
  • prawny
    Gizmodo wrote:
    prawny wrote:
    his OLD ONE! It's only 7 weeks old you ....... ! :lol:

:oops:

Funnily enough I was posting from my phone, the screen isn't wide enough to get posts and user names on, I thought you'd never find out. So sorry darling, how can I ever make it up to you, it'll never happen again :P
    Vitus Sentier VRS - 2017
  • OK this is nuts, the forecast for Norwich on thursday is 28deg. wtf! Booking a day off work is now under serious consideration.

I'd booked Friday off with the idea of going to the Cycle Show in Birmingham. Decided not to go for one reason and another, could cancel the day off. Err, don't think so!

8)
  • prawny
    I can't have any more days off this month, but I will be commuting by bike this thursday and friday if my new bike turns up today or tomorrow and my cold fecks off :D
    Vitus Sentier VRS - 2017
  • Saturday has the same forecast now anyway so if that turns out to be true then its a win. My boss has got friday off and said I can't have it too...the bounder.
  • Smokin Joe wrote:
    Neither my best bike or my winter hack are ever "put away".

You get some gloriously sunny and dry days in the winter when it would be a crime not to use the best bike, and some horrible shite days in summer when you need guards.

That is one of the most sensible things i ever heard anyone say on bikeradar.
  • prawny
    Smokin Joe wrote:
    Neither my best bike or my winter hack are ever "put away".

You get some gloriously sunny and dry days in the winter when it would be a crime not to use the best bike, and some horrible shite days in summer when you need guards.

That is one of the most sensible things i ever heard anyone say on bikeradar.

Don't worry I've already reported it to the mods.
    Vitus Sentier VRS - 2017
  • APIII
    APIII Posts: 2,010
    Go on then. Who went and retrieved their bessie bike from the loft/garage/wherever this weekend? Winter, my a#rse. :D
  • t.m.h.n.e.t
    t.m.h.n.e.t Posts: 2,265
    Got the Allez at the start of August and have rode it twice. Opted to hit the gym for the remainder of the year and for as much of 2012 as needed.

:lol:
  • cougie
    cougie Posts: 22,512
    Frank should clearly put his summer bike away in June next year and give us all the summer we've been waiting for for years.