Training days

woodycct
woodycct Posts: 22
edited September 2011 in Training, fitness and health
Ok so due to work commitments my training days have to change for a month or so, usually I ride every other night with a HARD 25 miles and then 60 on sundays, but like i said i will have to change my training days for a bit.........
Can i train 60 mile sun, 25 miles mon , tues and weds off, thurs and fri 25 miles, sat off??
is this ok or is it a bit too inconsistent ???

Any advice would be much appreciated.

thanks.

Comments

• Herbsman
    Herbsman Posts: 2,029
    Why would that be inconsistent? What else are you going to do if someone said 'no, you can't do that, it's too inconsistent'? What are you even training for?
    CAPTAIN BUCKFAST'S CYCLING TIPS - GUARANTEED TO WORK! 1 OUT OF 10 RACING CYCLISTS AGREE!
  • Pokerface
    Pokerface Posts: 7,960
    You can train less than that. Or more than that. It depends what you are training for.

Unless it's for cyclocross through the winter, not much you do in the next month is going to effect it one way or another.
  • TRAINING maybe the wrong word then, im doing the exmoor beast at the end of sept and im allso rideing to paris next year, Im allso trying to build up strength , and stamina ......

sorry to sound naive .
  • Pokerface
    Pokerface Posts: 7,960
    In that case your proposed 'training' changes are fine. Just keep riding.
  • neeb
    neeb Posts: 4,467
    If I've got this right, the only change is that instead of doing your 25 miles either 3 days a week or 4 days a week depending, and always having a day off in-between, you are now going to do three 25 mile days every week, with two days off and two days on?

Might actually be better - really good recovery midweek, and more concentrated effort in-between that includes at least one bout of riding on successive days.