F***ing iTunes

paul.skibum
paul.skibum Posts: 4,068
edited September 2011 in The Crudcatcher
So I have iTunes on my PC not to play music through - I use WMP for that - just for a couple of ski films I have that are only formatted to play through itunes.

Downloaded a few tracks recently - which all played and appeared in WMP as normal - most of them still do but a couple of albums seem to have been moved into my itunes library for some reason. All are in MP3 format, all downloaded at the same time - three albums now say this item may have been moved when clicked on in WMP (although WMP still shows a file path albeit one in itunes library).

Does iTunes do this by itself?! I dont get it.
Closet jockey wheel pimp whore.

Comments

• bg13
    bg13 Posts: 4,598
    Have you tried turning your computer off and back on again? :?
    Loving life in rural SW France

Orange 5 Pro
    Ribble Audax
    On One Scandal 29er
  • I'll turn you off and on again in a minute.
  • bg13
    bg13 Posts: 4,598
    :D
    Loving life in rural SW France

Orange 5 Pro
    Ribble Audax
    On One Scandal 29er
  • Pudseyp
    Pudseyp Posts: 3,514
    So I have iTunes on my PC not to play music through - I use WMP for that - just for a couple of ski films I have that are only formatted to play through itunes.

Downloaded a few tracks recently - which all played and appeared in WMP as normal - most of them still do but a couple of albums seem to have been moved into my itunes library for some reason. All are in MP3 format, all downloaded at the same time - three albums now say this item may have been moved when clicked on in WMP (although WMP still shows a file path albeit one in itunes library).

Does iTunes do this by itself?! I dont get it.

I thought "itunes" was someone confirming his purchase of the cherry decongestion sweets in Newcastle...
    Tomac Synper 140 Giant XTC Alliance 1
    If the world was flat, I wouldn't be riding !
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    So I have iTunes on my PC
    Ah. Bad news!
    I know how you feel though, I have it for a few things, some mountain biking films, and The Art of Flight, etc. I is ludicrously horrible software.
    three albums now say this item may have been moved when clicked on in WMP
    There's an option (somewhere) in iTunes, to let it "manage your library". Turn it off.
  • Sod it - just moved the files back where they were supposed to be - a grenade through the door of Apple's head offices would probably be best.
  • sheepsteeth
    sheepsteeth Posts: 17,418
    make sure you throw it sideways.
  • Apple haters...... cos you don't understand it just works...... :lol:

Admittedly iTunes for Windoze does suck immensely

However, on the native OS[X] it works extremely well.
  • Anonymous
    Even when it works, it's still horrible, horrible software.
  • Even when it works, it's still horrible, horrible software.

because.............?
  • Because...

Everything that Apple make is crap. Their software sucks too. The phones are the worst thing that money can buy
    The laptops, desktops and workstations are all tatty, poorly made and overpriced junk.

They also introduced tablets few years back and we all know what a dismal failure that has been too - many Forum Members wrote that product off before it was even launched

However, that aside, for some strange reason they are a very successful company and have more money than the U.S. treasury currently does..

Weird, innit?
  • Anonymous
    Even when it works, it's still horrible, horrible software.

because.............?
    Because the interface is clunky, and gets in the way of what I want to do. It has snazzy graphical effects, but these seem to be crowbarred on top of the pre-existing mess, and are jarring with the rest of the interface.
    Everything I need to do, has some bizarre workflow that makes it that little bit more of a ball-ache than it should be.
  • sheepsteeth
    sheepsteeth Posts: 17,418
    Because...

Everything that Apple make is crap. Their software sucks too. The phones are the worst thing that money can buy
    The laptops, desktops and workstations are all tatty, poorly made and overpriced junk.

eeeeeeexactly, nicely put there Raymondo.
  • Andy
    Andy Posts: 8,207
    I have 3 iPods and an iPhone. I use Windows and iTunes. It all works fine.

I understand apple, I understand it' farking shite!

On a side note, I do have itunes, I use it for podcasts.
    FARKBOOK TWATTER Happiness is my fucking mood!
  • Andy
    They also introduced tablets few years back and we all know what a dismal failure that has been too - many Forum Members wrote that product off before it was even launched

I can't quite tell if you're being sarcastic or just incredibly dumb?
  • iTunes on Windows is bloody horrible. If I didn't need it for podcasts/updating my iPod, I'd have binned it a long time ago. I'll also vouch for it being a lot better on Mac though.

And the US government printed more money so they're richer than Apple again ;)
    Formally known as Coatbridgeguy
  • Andy wrote:

Sarcastic....

Just stirring more hatred in the haters... I mean they need something to whinge about...
  • Andy
    Andy wrote:

Sarcastic....

Just stirring more hatred in the haters... I mean they need something to whinge about...

I did think so but with some of the people on here, nothing can be taken for granted!
  • I just dont get it - it takes forever to open on my pc then takes an age to actually play whatever I decided to view it (my itunes library consists of two movies and (currently due to itunes being a retard) 3 albums so dont tell me its searching long and hard for what I asked it to play. It updates every other day with new versions and then there is the whole Apple is watching you thing of not being able to burn files you paid for to a disc and so on like Apple are the internet copyright police.

I admit it works better on macs but I can honestly say I am going to go buy the two films on dvd that I have on itunes and bin it asap.
  • Andy
    It updates every other day with new versions and then there is the whole Apple is watching you thing .

I heard they can make you into a Human Centipad...
  • I just dont get it - it takes forever to open on my pc .

I think I've highlighted the issue here....
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    not sure if anyone has written this already cos i couldn't be arsed to read the whole thing.

but i'm guessing that you saying that the ski films are only formatted to play in i-tunes that they're in quick time or something? why don't you download format factory (free download) file convert them to wmv's and then bin off i tunes completely if you don't use it for anything else?
  • iTunes only plays .MP4, .M4V and .MOV formats
    You can get utilities that convert these to other formats like .AV; .MPG and .MKV so an agnostic player like VLC can be used.

Plus if people are that unhappy with iTunes, Windows has the ultimate fix: Unistall
  • VLC FTW
  • Anonymous
    welshkev wrote:
    not sure if anyone has written this already cos i couldn't be arsed to read the whole thing.

but i'm guessing that you saying that the ski films are only formatted to play in i-tunes that they're in quick time or something? why don't you download format factory (free download) file convert them to wmv's and then bin off i tunes completely if you don't use it for anything else?
    You can't. I've got the same problem with Art of Flight. Nothing opens them.
    Not even VLC. And don't get me started on that sucky piece of craprware. Do yuou people honestly not like having things like, ooh, I dunno, sound and picture in sync on a film?
    VLC made sense once on Linux/Unix because it was a rare player that played almost everything.
    Then all the pseudo-geeks built up some legendary reputation around it, not realising that it was only barely acceptable in the cro-magnon era.
  • I have never had syncing problems with VLC. I must be one of the lucky ones ;)

Can we have a fanboy argument over what router is the best? Or which printer pwns all?
  • Anonymous
    Can we have a fanboy argument over what router is the best? Or which printer pwns all?
    Dunno, you'd best ask Ray, see if he's interested.
  • all I know is my macbook pro is faster than any PC i've ever had the displeasure of using even 'higher specced' ones.

Given my laptop is knocking on a little bit being 4 years old now. But I've just had the logic board replaced FOC due to a graphics card fault. Yes the fault is a known one, but for it to take 4 years to happen and then be replaced without question is good service imo.

I also know that I don't get any kind of ridiculous viruses or have any need for anti virus SW. I also know that Itunes isn't 'clunky'. Like most things, you just need to learn how to use them properly.

Yes they cost more on initial outlay, but its still better at 4 years old than most 'brand new' laptops.

Can't put a price on reliability imo and all my Apple products have it. If for any reason the reliability stops, the product is diagnosed and repaired often FOC, unless it's accidental damage/ water ingress ect